    the pix501 and IOS.
    So, does the cisco pix501 run IOS or not?

    thank

    User, Jul 17, 2003

  2. User

    NetItRight Guest

    No, the Cisco PIX firewalls run a completely different version of software.
    The advisory does not apply to your 501.
    Routers run IOS (current version 12.x), PIX firewalls (including the 501)
    run PIX Firewall Software (current version if supported by hardware is 6.x)
    Anyway, hope this helps. Browsing Cisco's site can get confusing sometimes.

    NetItRight, Jul 17, 2003