    I wanted to know specifically does this mean that any HTTP, FTP and
    Mail viruses?

    I would appreciate any feedback.

    Joe, Sep 6, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Joe <> wrote:
    :I was looking for one of cisco products, and I went through ASA-5520
    :product.
    :I read some lines talking about "protection against and/or block
    :network viruses".
    :So, this is marketing statement for me, and I'm not sure if this covers
    :my need.
    :I wanted to know specifically does this mean that any HTTP, FTP and
    :Mail viruses?

    Difficult to tell without looking into the reference material.
    It appears that there is something non-trivial there, but I'm not
    clear exactly what just yet.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802c1d00.html

    Looks like it requires that an AIM-SSM be present.
    --
    "I want to make sure [a user] can't get through ... an online
    experience without hitting a Microsoft ad"

    Walter Roberson, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Joe

    Merv Guest

    Certain versions of IOS can perform "deep" packet inspect using NBAR
    and PDLMs. L

    Merv, Sep 6, 2005