    That does not seem to make sense, but I have never tried it. Any truth to
    this idea?

    Gregg

    Gregg Hill, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Gregg Hill

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    It depends how the Bridging is done.
    If you use a repeater the "Speed" would be cut into half, basic Repeaters have only one
    Radio that has to alternate between Client and AP mode, thus reduces the "Speed" of the
    extended segment by 50%.
    Otherwise Bridging should not affect "Speed".
    Wireless Modes: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Apr 24, 2005