Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?

    Is one company more restrictive than the other?
    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says "Unrated".

    Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, and HER
    LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.
    Vlvetmorning98, Dec 29, 2004

  3. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Joe S Guest

    Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    > Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says "Unrated".
    >
    > Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, and HER
    > LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

    Blockbuster does rent at least some NC17 movies. I don't know how many,
    but look up Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble for examples. They also
    carry Cook/Thief, but don't list the rating.

    Joe
    Joe S, Dec 29, 2004
  4. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>,
    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- <> wrote:

    > Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?
    > >

    > Is one company more restrictive than the other?

    Depends on the store. Locally they do, even renting both the R and
    NC-17 versions of Y Tu Mama Tambien.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Dec 29, 2004
  5. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Nonymous Guest

    "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    > Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says
    > "Unrated".
    >
    > Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, and
    > HER
    > LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

    Except for a few exceptions (like Demonlover which is probably just an
    oversight), Netflix is the least restrictive. They carry just about
    anything when it comes to unrated/nC17 titles. Requiem for a Dream, the
    'uncut' American Pies, Bent, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead, The
    Dreamers, Badder Santa, etc.
    Nonymous, Dec 29, 2004
  6. >Requiem for a Dream, the
    >'uncut' American Pies, Bent, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead, The
    >Dreamers, Badder Santa, etc.

    I've seen uncut versions of all of those at Blockbusters, save for REQUIEM
    (which was nevertheles for sale).
    Vlvetmorning98, Dec 29, 2004
  7. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Mark Jones Guest

    "Nonymous" <> wrote in message

    > "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    > > Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says
    > > "Unrated".
    > >
    > > Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE,

    and
    > > HER
    > > LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

    > Except for a few exceptions (like Demonlover which is probably just an
    > oversight), Netflix is the least restrictive. They carry just about
    > anything when it comes to unrated/nC17 titles. Requiem for a Dream, the
    > 'uncut' American Pies, Bent, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead, The
    > Dreamers, Badder Santa, etc.

    I can get the 'uncut' American Pies, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead,
    Badder Santa and other unrated titles at my local Blockbuster. There are
    quite a few movies that would "slightly" exceed an R rating.
    Mark Jones, Dec 31, 2004
  8. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Biz Guest

    "Mark Jones" <> wrote in message
    > I can get the 'uncut' American Pies, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead,
    > Badder Santa and other unrated titles at my local Blockbuster. There are
    > quite a few movies that would "slightly" exceed an R rating.

    This was already addressed, the franchise stores dont have to follow the
    same rules as the corporate stores, you must rent from a franchise store.
    Biz, Dec 31, 2004
  9. there are a few titles that only Blockbusters in Canada will stock (TIE ME UP!
    TIE ME DOWN! immediately comes to mind)
    Vlvetmorning98, Dec 31, 2004