Does anyone use Panda AV Platinum 7.0?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Julie P., Mar 16, 2005.

  1. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    I just signed up with Panda and installed Panda AV Platinum 7.06.01.

    The problem is I cannot do a full system scan. After it gets done scanning
    "files", when it gets to the "documents" part, it pauses and a pop-up window
    asks me to configure Microsoft Outlook, but I do not use that, so I click
    cancel. Then it starts to scan again, but suddenly stops after about 5
    seconds, and the scan window suddenly closes!

    Then when I try to do a scan of just Outlook Express, it stops after about 5
    seconds too!

    The main screen says I have never completed a full system scan and I should
    do it, even though I have tried to do this three times now!

    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with no luck.

    Any ideas?

    It's also refusing to update with new definitions. Panda's knowledge base
    seems to say this error is actually a lie, and the server is just busy. But
    it kept on checking for updates every 5 minutes and getting the error, so I
    finally just turned off automatic updates.

    Thanks!

    Julie

    Julie P., Mar 16, 2005

  2. Julie P.

    Jerry G. Guest

    Why did you go with Panda, when there are some very well known big names out
    there?

    You should be asking the Panda support these questions. It sounds like there
    is a misconfiguration or they have a serious bug.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 16, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Julie P., Mar 16, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    Avenger© Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:58:34 -0500, "Julie P."
    <> wrote:

    >"Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    >> Why did you go with Panda, when there are some very well known big names
    >> out
    >> there?
    >>

    >Thanks Jerry. Because Panda is the number 2 rated AV program out there,
    >second to only Kaspersky:

    Ahhh, I would think that NOD32 would be closer to the mark of a better
    A/V than Panda.
    --
    Avenger©
    I *HATE* Spam

    Avenger©, Mar 16, 2005
  5. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:58:34 -0500, "Julie P."
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    >>> Why did you go with Panda, when there are some very well known big names
    >>> out
    >>> there?
    >>>

    >>Thanks Jerry. Because Panda is the number 2 rated AV program out there,
    >>second to only Kaspersky:

    > Ahhh, I would think that NOD32 would be closer to the mark of a better
    > A/V than Panda.

    NOD32 was ranked 9th in this study:

    http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/report01.pdf

    Julie P., Mar 16, 2005
  6. Julie P.

    Avenger© Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:49:22 -0500, "Julie P."
    <> wrote:

    >"Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:58:34 -0500, "Julie P."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>>Thanks Jerry. Because Panda is the number 2 rated AV program out there,
    >>>second to only Kaspersky:

    >> Ahhh, I would think that NOD32 would be closer to the mark of a better
    >> A/V than Panda.
    >>

    >NOD32 was ranked 9th in this study:
    >
    >http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/report01.pdf

    Hmmm, well check this page:
    http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?panda.xml

    Then this page:
    http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?eset.xml

    I know which one I'll use!!!
    --
    Avenger©
    I *HATE* Spam

    Avenger©, Mar 16, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    Nick Guest

    Dont understand the full system scan problem. The automatic update is a bit
    strange sometimes...it doesnt work for a couple of days then its ok -
    especially on Sundays for some weird reason!

    Try uninstalling (make sure you know your passwords etc) and installing from
    the website - I've had to do this once on three different computers with a
    new install of Panda and they've been fine since.

    Nick, Mar 16, 2005
  8. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Dont understand the full system scan problem. The automatic update is a
    > bit strange sometimes...it doesnt work for a couple of days then its ok -
    > especially on Sundays for some weird reason!
    >
    > Try uninstalling (make sure you know your passwords etc) and installing
    > from the website - I've had to do this once on three different computers
    > with a new install of Panda and they've been fine since.

    Thanks Nick. I actually did install it from the website two different times,
    and clicked "Run" instead of "Save" when doing the download. It is the free
    three-month trial version.

    I also contacted customer support, and it has been 24 hours, and no response
    yet! I wish they had forums like AVG, my old AV program.

    Another problem is I could not use my FTP program because of the Panda
    firewall. Even when I added to the exceptions list! But once I disabled the
    Panda firewall, it worked fine!

    So far I am not pleased with Panda. :(

    J.

    Julie P., Mar 17, 2005
  9. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:49:22 -0500, "Julie P."
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Avenger©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ahhh, I would think that NOD32 would be closer to the mark of a better
    >>> A/V than Panda.
    >>>

    >>NOD32 was ranked 9th in this study:
    >>
    >>http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/report01.pdf
    >>

    > Hmmm, well check this page:
    > http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?panda.xml
    >
    > Then this page:
    > http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?eset.xml
    >
    > I know which one I'll use!!!

    your're right Avenger! I will consider NOD.

    J.

    Julie P., Mar 17, 2005
  10. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Avenger©" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:49:22 -0500, "Julie P."
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Avenger©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ahhh, I would think that NOD32 would be closer to the mark of a better
    >>> A/V than Panda.
    >>>

    >>NOD32 was ranked 9th in this study:
    >>
    >>http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/report01.pdf
    >>

    > Hmmm, well check this page:
    > http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?panda.xml
    >
    > Then this page:
    > http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?eset.xml
    >
    > I know which one I'll use!!!

    Hi Avenger, I found this on another ng about NOD32. It has a clumsy
    interface:

    "> Thanks for replying. I tried Nod32 years ago and couldn't stand
    > having to deal with 3 interfaces (all running in the system tray).
    > Has this improved?

    Yes. Version 2.x has eliminated any need for the separate interfaces
    (no more separate POP3 scanner setup, etc.).

    Almost four years ago, when I chose nod32 over several others
    (including Panda, for which I still had a full year of support paid
    for at the time), I found it better than the others in spite of the
    rather clumsy v1 interface. Now, with v2, it is even better still,
    in my opinion."

    Julie P., Mar 17, 2005
  11. Julie P.

    x@y Guest

    Hello Julie,

    Here is a step by step set up for "NOD32"

    http://www.nod32-av.com/setup/nod32setup.htm

    Very easy to follow.
    Good Luck x@y.

    ..