Does anyone use NIST-JAIN?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Bruno Vignola, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    does anyone use the NIST implementation of JAIN?

    I am trying this SIP stack and have to develop a multi-thread
    client which manages about 30 concurrent SIP sessions; every
    thread opens a session, managing an INVITE transaction and close
    it with a BYE. I understood that a unique SipFactory/SipStack
    instances should be used so I created a unique SipFactory, SipStack
    SipProvider, Headerfactory, MessageFactory etc. instances shared
    between all the running threads; all seems to work but, at every
    INVITE/BYE performed by each thread, the memory used increases,
    reaching a java "out of memory" exception after about 3,000
    transactions ...

    Am I using a wrong model? In a NIST example, the SipStack is shut
    down after the BYE, but how to manage it in a multi-thread scenario
    where all the thread uses the same SipStack? Or maybe this scenario
    is wrong?

    Could anyone help me with some hints? :)

    Thank you all in advance :)

    Bruno

    Bruno Vignola, Oct 27, 2004