    for almost a week, the only message on the site is : "Temporarily Unavailable
    DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we perform routine maintenance.
    Please check back in a few minutes." Does any one know for long it will last?
    HungInSI, Mar 5, 2004

  2. HungInSI

    Justin Guest

    HungInSI wrote on [05 Mar 2004 03:34:19 GMT]:
    > Seems that DVD Profile (http://www.dvdprofiler.com) hasn't been up and running
    > for almost a week, the only message on the site is : "Temporarily Unavailable
    > DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we perform routine maintenance.
    > Please check back in a few minutes." Does any one know for long it will last?

    So, did you even read the newsgroup before posting?

    http://tinyurl.com/2hw69 has the details.
    Justin, Mar 5, 2004

  3. HungInSI

    desintegrate Guest

    (HungInSI) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Seems that DVD Profile (http://www.dvdprofiler.com) hasn't been up and running
    > for almost a week, the only message on the site is : "Temporarily Unavailable
    > DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we perform routine maintenance.
    > Please check back in a few minutes." Does any one know for long it will last?

    I found that on

    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...eadid=186700&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=6

    "Hello all, I imagine this post may be deleted, but I cannot bear to
    keep my silence any longer. Let me just say for the record that I do
    not work for Intervocative Software nor do they have any knowledge or
    control of my actions here.

    The IDSA has issued them a demand for all copyrighted images to be
    taken offline. Since this is a major part of their program, and the
    major reason individuals have been paying money for the "premium"
    version of their program, they have hired legal representation and are
    currently trying to figure out a way to bring their site and program
    back, and keep the value there for "premium" customers. If and when it
    does come back however, it will likely be without the "cover scans."

    They have been keeping this under wraps but at this point it looks
    grim for users of the program who like to download the cover images.
    They will probably make this public very shortly anyway.

    I apologize to Intervocative Software about my posting, but I do
    believe you have been doing your loyal customers an injustice with the
    misleading message that you currently have posted on your site, and
    they deserve to know what is happening."

    I hope it is just a hoax...
    desintegrate, Mar 5, 2004
  4. desintegrate wrote:
    > http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...eadid=186700&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=6

    > "The IDSA has issued them a demand for all copyrighted images to be
    > taken offline. Since this is a major part of their program, and the
    > major reason individuals have been paying money for the "premium"
    > version of their program, they have hired legal representation and are
    > currently trying to figure out a way to bring their site and program
    > back..."
    >
    > I hope it is just a hoax...

    It is. Here's a later post from the same thread, originating from Ken Cole
    of IVS Software (the makers of DVD Profiler):

    "With kudos to Sonja for a very imaginative story, let me say that if we
    have legal problems, it's news to me.

    "We have been adamant in our support of copyright protection, refusing to
    include spines in our cover images, and prohibiting bootleg titles in our
    database. We have no plans to eliminate cover scans from our premium
    features. The studios have been supportive of our efforts, with many
    pre-release titles added by studio employees directly.

    "Future enhancements to our copyright protection are planned, but they will
    not significantly impact owners of the original DVDs, and they're
    completely unrelated to our server issue.

    "The main reason for our extended downtime is that we were forced to have
    our old server shipped to us for repair before we could access the current
    data. That is done, and the copy/reinstalls are well under way."

    <http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=2082857#post2082857>

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "The answer to your question is -- what can you afford?"
    --H-A-L-O
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 5, 2004
  5. HungInSI

    Galley Guest

    On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:44:31 -0500, Douglas Bailey <>
    spewed forth these words of wisdom:

    <snip>
    >"We have been adamant in our support of copyright protection, refusing to
    >include spines in our cover images, and prohibiting bootleg titles in our
    >database. We have no plans to eliminate cover scans from our premium
    >features. The studios have been supportive of our efforts, with many
    >pre-release titles added by studio employees directly.

    <snip>

    ><http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=2082857#post2082857>
    >
    >HTH,
    >
    >doug

    If anything, DVD Profiler INCREASES DVD sales.

    Galley
    Galley, Mar 6, 2004
  6. HungInSI

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:45:14 GMT, Galley
    <> Gave us:

    >On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:44:31 -0500, Douglas Bailey <>
    >spewed forth these words of wisdom:
    >
    ><snip>
    >>"We have been adamant in our support of copyright protection, refusing to
    >>include spines in our cover images, and prohibiting bootleg titles in our
    >>database. We have no plans to eliminate cover scans from our premium
    >>features. The studios have been supportive of our efforts, with many
    >>pre-release titles added by studio employees directly.
    >>

    ><snip>
    >>
    >><http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=2082857#post2082857>
    >>
    >>HTH,
    >>
    >>doug

    >If anything, DVD Profiler INCREASES DVD sales.

    You're a clueless idiot.
    DarkMatter, Mar 6, 2004
  7. HungInSI

    Haans Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:45:14 GMT, Galley
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    > >On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:44:31 -0500, Douglas Bailey

    <>
    > >spewed forth these words of wisdom:
    > >
    > ><snip>
    > >>"We have been adamant in our support of copyright protection, refusing

    > >>include spines in our cover images, and prohibiting bootleg titles in

    our
    > >>database. We have no plans to eliminate cover scans from our premium
    > >>features. The studios have been supportive of our efforts, with many
    > >>pre-release titles added by studio employees directly.
    > >>

    > ><snip>
    > >>

    >><http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=2082857#po

    st2082857>

    > >>HTH,
    > >>
    > >>doug

    > >If anything, DVD Profiler INCREASES DVD sales.

    > You're a clueless idiot.

    How did you come to that conclusion from such a short line of text? Do you
    just stoop to the level of namecalling everytime you can't think up
    arguments for your views, or are you unable to argue at all?
    Haans, Mar 6, 2004
  8. HungInSI

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:15:58 +0100, "Haans"
    <> Gave us:

    >"DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:45:14 GMT, Galley
    >> <> Gave us:
    >>
    >> >On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:44:31 -0500, Douglas Bailey

    ><>
    >> >spewed forth these words of wisdom:
    >> >
    >> ><snip>

    >our
    >> >>
    >> ><snip>
    >> >>

    >>><http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=2082857#po

    >st2082857>

    >> >If anything, DVD Profiler INCREASES DVD sales.

    >> You're a clueless idiot.

    >How did you come to that conclusion from such a short line of text? Do you
    >just stoop to the level of namecalling everytime you can't think up
    >arguments for your views, or are you unable to argue at all?

    How could such a retarded zero statistical backing retard think that
    such a one line retarded remark has anything to do with reality? And
    how could a retarded ass such as yourself be so fucking blind as to
    not see that his bullshit has zero statistical backing?

    Get a clue, you retarded twit!
    DarkMatter, Mar 6, 2004