Does anyone know them or has any experience with them (good or bad)?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Timbell, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. Mike Timbell

    Mike Timbell Guest

    Mike Timbell, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Mike Timbell

    Cameron Guest

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

    Remove aus.photo from the crosspost (and replies) especially when you are
    talking about US stores....

    Cameron

    Cameron, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Mike Timbell

    Birk Binnard Guest

    Birk Binnard, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Mike Timbell

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Take a look at:

    www.resellerratings.com

    They both look pretty grim.

    If you're buying mail order, particularly internationally, you have two
    reliable choices: B&H, which sets the standard for ethics, integrity and
    reliability, and Adorama, which is also a reliable mailorder dealer.

    PTRAVEL, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Mike Timbell

    Mike Timbell Guest

    "Cameron" <> wrote in message
    > NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
    > > Remove aus.photo from the crosspost (and replies) especially when you

    are
    > talking about US stores....
    > > Cameron

    I guess you need a new keyboard since your shift and "o" key stucks.
    Top replies are another no no...

    I posted in both NG's (and only in these two) since I want to buy
    internationally but live in Australia.
    Does it make sense to you?

    Cheers
    Mike

    Mike Timbell, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Mike Timbell

    Cameron Guest

    > "Cameron" <> wrote in message
    > > NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
    > > > Remove aus.photo from the crosspost (and replies) especially when you

    > are
    > > talking about US stores....
    > > > Cameron

    > I guess you need a new keyboard since your shift and "o" key stucks.
    > Top replies are another no no...
    >
    > I posted in both NG's (and only in these two) since I want to buy
    > internationally but live in Australia.
    > Does it make sense to you?

    No it doesn't make any sense to me. You should post two seperate messages,
    would take about an extra 5 secs with cut and paste. As most of your
    replies will be US based you could see them in rec.photo.digital and you may
    also get some responses from aus.photo.

    I will get a new keyboard today, never noticed that "o" key problem but
    noWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you mention it I have seen it and will get it
    looked at.

    Cameron :)

    Cameron, Nov 10, 2003
  7. Mike Timbell

    jase Guest

    "PTRAVEL" <> wrote in message
    > Take a look at:
    >
    > www.resellerratings.com
    >
    > They both look pretty grim.
    >
    > If you're buying mail order, particularly internationally, you have two
    > reliable choices: B&H, which sets the standard for ethics, integrity and
    > reliability, and Adorama, which is also a reliable mailorder dealer.

    a couple of guys I work with have had a good run with
    www.deltainternational.com too. less than a week for stuff to get here
    including the customs delay

    jase

    jase, Nov 10, 2003
  8. Mike Timbell

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    It makes sense to those of us who have sense. The top post comment from him
    pretty much indicates an anal retentive net-oldbie who wishes we would all
    dissapear from HIS usenet.
    I would recommend avoiding both the places you list. They both have bad
    reputations. Both lure you in with low prices and then do not honour their
    advertised price unless you buy a pile of overpriced accessories. There are
    other games they play too. These are sleazy operations.
    I do most of my buying from Adorama but I don't think they are into
    international sales. Here is the web address anyway
    http://www.adoramacamera.com
    If they don't I know B&H does
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    Both are honest, sell stuff at the price advertised and don't play any head
    games with their customers.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Nov 11, 2003
  9. Mike Timbell

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Mike Timbell <> wrote:

    >http://www.newworldvideodirect.com/productdetail.asp?ProductID=435
    >It says 1 Year Manufacturers warranty. Is this a gray market product?

    They have no address at their web site. No non-WATS telephone number.
    Clearly trying to hide. But a whois on their domain name finds:

    1323 East 15th Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11230

    >Here is another one who interests me (price wise):
    >http://www.infinitycameras.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=3687&RefTag=DEALTIME

    1938 McDonald Ave.
    Brooklyn NY, 11223

    >Or anyone else where you had good experience with and is in this price
    >range?

    Dealers in Brooklyn are bad news. The only one here that has gotten
    acceptable reviews in this newsgroup is dBuys.com a.k.a. ibuydigital.com.
    Focus is a long time camera dealer here, and may be okay. Just they seem to
    not focus on digital cameras.

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    Don Wiss, Nov 12, 2003
  10. Mike Timbell

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Mike Timbell <> wrote:

    >http://www.newworldvideodirect.com/productdetail.asp?ProductID=435
    >It says 1 Year Manufacturers warranty. Is this a gray market product?

    Storefront picture at:
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0059.htm

    >Here is another one who interests me (price wise):
    >http://www.infinitycameras.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=3687&RefTag=DEALTIME

    Storefront pictures at:
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0057.htm
    http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0058.htm