    I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think
    but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete season 1
    Thanks for your help
    Film Buff, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"?
    > I picked up season 3 today and need episode 4 from season 1
    > I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think

    Yes, it was a music clearance issue. The episode "I'll Be
    Watching You" makes extensive use of a video of a cover band
    doing The Police's "Every Breath You Take". It was too integral
    to the plot to cut out or replace, and a DVD license for the
    song would've been a bitch.

    > but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete
    > season 1

    I have some good news, some bad news, and some worse news.

    The good news is that it's still airing on Court TV.

    The bad news is that it's at 4:00am.

    The worse news is that, at the moment, they're at the end
    of the first season, so you'll have to wait a whole cycle
    to get episode 1x04.

    From Yahoo's TV listings:

    • Profiler - "Venom" [Part 1 of 2]
    COURT, Tue May 04 04:00am EDT

    • Profiler - "Venom" [Part 2 of 2, Season 1 finale]
    COURT, Wed May 05 04:00am EDT

    • Profiler - "Power Corrupts"
    COURT, Thu May 06 04:00am EDT

    • Profiler - "Ambition in the Blood"
    COURT, Fri May 07 04:00am EDT

    • Profiler - "Primal Scream"
    COURT, Tue May 11 04:00am EDT

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Thanks
    Will watch for it when it is run again

    Film Buff, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if any cable station is running "Profiler"?
    > I picked up season 3 today and need episode 4 from season 1
    > I kniw there was a problem with the music rights I think
    > but i need to record it off cable so ZI can have a complete
    > season 1

    As an addendum to my previous reply, you might also want to
    keep an eye out for the following:

    • The Pretender - "Spin Doctor"
    TNT, Fri May 07 08:00am EDT

    It's the first half of a second crossover between THE PRETENDER
    and PROFILER, which aired during their fourth seasons. You may
    have noticed that the PROFILER S3 set had the PROFILER half of
    their first crossover, but not the PRETENDER half. It's too late
    in TNT's current cycle to get that part of the first crossover,
    but you might as well grab the PRETENDER half of the second
    crossover in anticipation of the release of S4 of PROFILER
    (which, again, likely won't include the PRETENDER half).

    I've no idea whether Fox Home Video is planning a DVD release
    of THE PRETENDER. If memory serves, it was in first or second
    place in their What Series Would You Like to See on DVD? poll
    last year, so I assume that it's a likely candidate for release,
    but I've heard nothing solid one way or the other. The first
    two seasons (in half-season sets) have been released in France,
    though.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 30, 2004