    new one has Windows XP and for the life of me I can't find the switch
    to put the newly-replied topics to the top of my screen.

    Thanks for your help, Scott.

    Wereo_SUPREMACY, Sep 10, 2006

  2. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Mike Easter Guest

    Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
    > I'm looking for a regular google help forum. I can't find one but I
    > have a simple question.

    Googlegroups has help groups
    http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Guide and a big help
    section http://groups.google.com/support?hl=en

    But for usenet groups which aren't 'google(only)groups' you would be
    better off using a newsreader instead of googlegroups' browser
    interface.

    > When I read the regular google groups I want the last topic replied to
    > to appear at the top of my screen. I can't find the configuration
    > button in order to make that happen. Does anyone know where it is?

    On the left you have a my groups, my profile, and my topics links.
    Newsgroup interacting in google's interface is not very configurable.

    If your connectivity provider doesn't provide you with a newsserver
    included in the cost of your internet access, there are free ones and
    cheap ones and commercial ones. There are plenty of ways to access a
    real nntp newsserver instead of using google.

    You need a nntp newsserver and an nntp newsagent such as Outlook Express
    or Thunderbird to do that. What is your mail agent?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 10, 2006

  3. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a regular google help forum. I can't find one but I
    > > have a simple question.

    > Googlegroups has help groups
    > http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Guide and a big help
    > section http://groups.google.com/support?hl=en
    >
    > But for usenet groups which aren't 'google(only)groups' you would be
    > better off using a newsreader instead of googlegroups' browser
    > interface.
    >
    > > When I read the regular google groups I want the last topic replied to
    > > to appear at the top of my screen. I can't find the configuration
    > > button in order to make that happen. Does anyone know where it is?

    > On the left you have a my groups, my profile, and my topics links.
    > Newsgroup interacting in google's interface is not very configurable.
    >
    > If your connectivity provider doesn't provide you with a newsserver
    > included in the cost of your internet access, there are free ones and
    > cheap ones and commercial ones. There are plenty of ways to access a
    > real nntp newsserver instead of using google.
    >
    > You need a nntp newsserver and an nntp newsagent such as Outlook Express
    > or Thunderbird to do that. What is your mail agent?
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Hi Mike, yes I'm familiar with the NNTP and they're a lot better than
    Google for most things. It's just that on my other set I was able to
    easliy find the change I want as pertaiing to Google. For some reason I
    can't find it on my new set. I'll keep looking.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Sep 10, 2006
  4. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    samuel Guest

    "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in

    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
    >> > I'm looking for a regular google help forum. I can't find
    >> > one but I have a simple question.

    google.public.support.general

    samuel, Sep 10, 2006
  5. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Mike Easter Guest

    samuel wrote:

    > google.public.support.general

    That particular 'google-only' ng propagates to several of the nntp
    newsservers I use.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 10, 2006
  6. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    richard Guest

    "Wereo_SUPREMACY" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a regular google help forum. I can't find one but I
    > have a simple question.
    >
    > When I read the regular google groups I want the last topic replied to
    > to appear at the top of my screen. I can't find the configuration
    > button in order to make that happen. Does anyone know where it is? I
    > was doing ok on my old computer which had Windows 98 installed but this
    >
    > new one has Windows XP and for the life of me I can't find the switch
    > to put the newly-replied topics to the top of my screen.
    >
    > Thanks for your help, Scott.

    So spend a few bucks and go with a full service that has a web interface.
    Newsguy has one that is fully configurable. Rather cheap too. $40 for a
    year?
    www.newsguy.com

    richard, Sep 11, 2006
  7. richard wrote:
    > "Wereo_SUPREMACY" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for a regular google help forum. I can't find one but I
    > > have a simple question.
    > >
    > > When I read the regular google groups I want the last topic replied to
    > > to appear at the top of my screen. I can't find the configuration
    > > button in order to make that happen. Does anyone know where it is? I
    > > was doing ok on my old computer which had Windows 98 installed but this
    > >
    > > new one has Windows XP and for the life of me I can't find the switch
    > > to put the newly-replied topics to the top of my screen.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help, Scott.
    > >

    > So spend a few bucks and go with a full service that has a web interface.
    > Newsguy has one that is fully configurable. Rather cheap too. $40 for a
    > year?
    > www.newsguy.com

    I'm sure I can do well with newsguy. The thing is I want to find out
    why for now I can't configure this gogg thing to my liking. I must be
    overlooking something.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Sep 11, 2006