    eager to get moving!

    thx

    PS - sorry about the on topic post! :p
    Red Swingline Stapler, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Red Swingline Stapler

    PajaP Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:50:44 -0700, Red Swingline Stapler <>
    wrote:

    >... MS to put out an equivalent exam for the 70-270 in the Vista format?
    >I'm at the point I should take a client OS exam, but would prefer to get
    >a vista cert since it is on the cusp of release.
    >
    >The reason I ask is I have taken the 70-290 & 70-291 already, and am
    >planning to get the MCSA on my way to MCSE.

    I believe they are going to announce this in January.
    Log into your MCP account for information.

    --
    PajaP
    PajaP, Dec 27, 2006

  3. PajaP wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:50:44 -0700, Red Swingline Stapler <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> ... MS to put out an equivalent exam for the 70-270 in the Vista format?
    >> I'm at the point I should take a client OS exam, but would prefer to get
    >> a vista cert since it is on the cusp of release.
    >>
    >> The reason I ask is I have taken the 70-290 & 70-291 already, and am
    >> planning to get the MCSA on my way to MCSE.
    >>

    > I believe they are going to announce this in January.
    > Log into your MCP account for information.

    Damn, I was hoping for some insider information. I know you guys are
    all on the cutting edge of MCSE, speaking directly with Bill in
    conference calls hourly (using NetMeeting, naturally).

    I see some certs for Vista, but nothing that will fulfill my needs.
    Maybe I will just go ahead and get an XP cert, as that should be rather
    simple.

    Once again I must apologize for defecating all over this forum with
    random thoughts. ;)
    Red Swingline Stapler, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Red Swingline Stapler

    TurkReno Guest

    Red Swingline Stapler <> wrote in news:u5Jev0fKHHA.2232
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > Damn, I was hoping for some insider information. I know you guys are
    > all on the cutting edge of MCSE, speaking directly with Bill in
    > conference calls hourly (using NetMeeting, naturally).

    Windows Office Live 2009 with Holographic technology actually. I even
    get e-mails that dance on my desktop like a hallmark card on crack-
    cocaine from Bill telling me how wonderful I am.

    > I see some certs for Vista, but nothing that will fulfill my needs.
    > Maybe I will just go ahead and get an XP cert, as that should be

    rather
    > simple.

    Good. Leave.

    > Once again I must apologize for defecating all over this forum with
    > random thoughts. ;)

    Whoa there buddy, you never apologized the first time. I'll personally
    consider this your first time. Now, go apologize again and we'll work
    on the third shot, which apparently for you is the winner since you've
    already pinched one off in public.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Dec 28, 2006
  5. Red Swingline Stapler

    Brat® Guest

    I guess it depends on what you plan to do... if you just want the "latest &
    greatest" on your resume... go for vista... if you want employment... go
    with XP. I doubt very much that employers will be switching to Vista
    anytime soon. HR reps are very fickle... if you are certified for higher
    than they need, they think you are not certified or qualified on older
    material... IE if they use NT and you get your certs in Vista... think of
    the generation gap!!!

    I'd personally go with XP... once the upgrade exams come out ... you can
    have both :D

    --
    Brat® MCNGP # 69

    Brat®, Dec 30, 2006
  6. Red Swingline Stapler

    TurkReno Guest

    "Brat®" <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: Does anyone expect...
    > From: "Brat©" <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > I guess it depends on what you plan to do... if you just want the
    > "latest & greatest" on your resume... go for vista... if you want
    > employment... go with XP. I doubt very much that employers will be
    > switching to Vista anytime soon. HR reps are very fickle... if you
    > are certified for higher than they need, they think you are not
    > certified or qualified on older material... IE if they use NT and you
    > get your certs in Vista... think of the generation gap!!!
    >
    > I'd personally go with XP... once the upgrade exams come out ... you
    > can have both :D
    >

    > --
    > Brat© MCNGP # 69

    Sucks that I just took that upgrade exam counting for Beta for MCDST to
    MCITP: EST and MCTS. Too bad you didn't get in on the 70-621 betas...or
    else you failed. One or the two. Doesn't matter =P hahahaha. Upgrade
    exams will be up soon.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Dec 31, 2006
  7. Red Swingline Stapler wrote:
    > ... MS to put out an equivalent exam for the 70-270 in the Vista format?
    > I'm at the point I should take a client OS exam, but would prefer to get
    > a vista cert since it is on the cusp of release.
    >
    > The reason I ask is I have taken the 70-290 & 70-291 already, and am
    > planning to get the MCSA on my way to MCSE.
    >
    > If waiting for a new exam will behoove me, what are your suggestions for
    > an elective exam to work on in the mean time, security+? a+? ideas? I am
    > eager to get moving!
    >
    > thx
    >
    > PS - sorry about the on topic post! :p

    I cannot say for sure but I would wait. I say this because the new SQL
    2005 exams now count in a similar fashion to the SQL 2000 exams. I
    would think there is a good chance the same will happen with the Vista
    vs XP client requirement.

    HTH
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 31, 2006
  8. Red Swingline Stapler

    sanjeev Guest

    Check this link for Vista Certifications

    Hi,

    Check this link for Vista Certification information:

    EVENT RECORDING AND MATERIALS
    Find a recording of the event, information on the MCDST e-learning
    offer, and the PowerPoint presentation to share with others at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx or
    http://www.blogs.msdn.com/trika

    sanjeev, Jan 1, 2007