    Anyone got any suggestions?

    TIA
    KB
    krazy Bob, Mar 22, 2006

  2. krazy Bob

    -=rjh=- Guest

    krazy Bob wrote:
    > How to remove the "safely remove hardware" icon from the taskbar?
    >
    > I just bought a HP photosmart 7830 color printer and got it installed and
    > printing fine, but i have this icon in my task bar and i can't seem to get
    > rid of it.
    >
    > Anyone got any suggestions?

    Why do you want to remove it? It is there so you can correctly stop the
    memory card reader in the printer before removing a memory card. If you
    had other removable devices, they'd all appear under the same icon.
    -=rjh=-, Mar 22, 2006

  3. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > krazy Bob wrote:
    >> How to remove the "safely remove hardware" icon from the taskbar?
    >>
    >> I just bought a HP photosmart 7830 color printer and got it installed and
    >> printing fine, but i have this icon in my task bar and i can't seem to
    >> get rid of it.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any suggestions?

    > Why do you want to remove it? It is there so you can correctly stop the
    > memory card reader in the printer before removing a memory card. If you
    > had other removable devices, they'd all appear under the same icon.

    Because its annoying, i dont like icons in my taskbar that have no specific
    use to me.

    KB
    krazy Bob, Mar 22, 2006
  4. krazy Bob

    Zonky Guest

    "krazy Bob" <> wrote in

    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >> krazy Bob wrote:
    >>> How to remove the "safely remove hardware" icon from the taskbar?
    >>>
    >>> I just bought a HP photosmart 7830 color printer and got it
    >>> installed and printing fine, but i have this icon in my task bar and
    >>> i can't seem to get rid of it.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone got any suggestions?

    >> Why do you want to remove it? It is there so you can correctly stop
    >> the memory card reader in the printer before removing a memory card.
    >> If you had other removable devices, they'd all appear under the same
    >> icon.

    > Because its annoying, i dont like icons in my taskbar that have no
    > specific use to me.
    >
    > KB

    http://www.mcse.ms/archive57-2005-6-1699537.html

    Z.

    --
    Please remove my_pants when replying by email.

    BOYCOTT MIDAS NZ FOR PLACING ADVERTS DURING LIVE F1 on SKY SPORTS!
    http://boycottmidas.blogspot.com/
    Zonky, Mar 22, 2006
  5. krazy Bob

    krazy Bob Guest

    "Zonky" <zonky@my_pants.dialup-web.net> wrote in message
    > "krazy Bob" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why do you want to remove it? It is there so you can correctly stop
    >>> the memory card reader in the printer before removing a memory card.
    >>> If you had other removable devices, they'd all appear under the same
    >>> icon.

    >> Because its annoying, i dont like icons in my taskbar that have no
    >> specific use to me.
    >>
    >> KB

    > http://www.mcse.ms/archive57-2005-6-1699537.html
    >
    > Z.

    thanks but now i have that annoying < character there which i hate just as
    much *LOL*

    thanks
    krazy Bob, Mar 22, 2006
  6. krazy Bob

    Zonky Guest

    "krazy Bob" <> wrote in

    > "Zonky" <zonky@my_pants.dialup-web.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://www.mcse.ms/archive57-2005-6-1699537.html
    >>
    >> Z.
    >>

    > thanks but now i have that annoying < character there which i hate
    > just as much *LOL*
    >
    > thanks

    Yeah, me too. Just found this.

    http://www.safelyremove.com/

    $10 (US i assume).

    Z.

    Zonky, Mar 22, 2006
  7. krazy Bob

    > "krazy Bob" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Zonky" <zonky@my_pants.dialup-web.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mcse.ms/archive57-2005-6-1699537.html
    >>>
    >>> Z.
    >>>

    >> thanks but now i have that annoying < character there which i hate
    >> just as much *LOL*
    >>
    >> thanks

    > Yeah, me too. Just found this.
    >
    > http://www.safelyremove.com/
    >
    > $10 (US i assume).

    Thanks for that, it works perfectly but for $10 USD, i aint really worth
    that much! and there aren't any serials or cracks or programes of that on
    torrent or limewire....*sigh*

    cheers for ya help tho

    KB
    krazy Bob, Mar 22, 2006