    Is anybody out there could shed some light?

    TIA
    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Krazy Bob

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in news:J%Snf.8065$vH5.403130
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT AGP)

    My Nvidia display driver has a temp sensor panel, Under Advanced display
    properties.
    Do you have the latest drivers? I have the a similar card...

    http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Dec 14, 2005

  3. Krazy Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT
    > AGP)
    > The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a
    > huge memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that
    > doesn't help.
    > i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up the
    > sensor reading.
    >
    > Is anybody out there could shed some light?

    Speedfan.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 14, 2005
  4. Krazy Bob

    Steve Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in news:J%Snf.8065$vH5.403130
    > @news.xtra.co.nz:
    >
    >> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT AGP)
    >>

    > My Nvidia display driver has a temp sensor panel, Under Advanced display
    > properties.
    > Do you have the latest drivers? I have the a similar card...
    >
    > http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html
    >
    > --
    > Ciao, Dave

    Ditto. 6800GT. Temperature Settings page in the Nvidia tab of the
    Display\Settings control panel.

    Cheers.

    Steve, Dec 14, 2005
  5. Krazy Bob

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT
    >> AGP)
    >> The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a
    >> huge memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that
    >> doesn't help.
    >> i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up the
    >> sensor reading.
    >>
    >> Is anybody out there could shed some light?

    > Speedfan.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I guess im looking at the ACPI temp for my graphic card chip?

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 14, 2005
  6. Krazy Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Krazy Bob wrote:
    >>> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT
    >>> AGP)
    >>> The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a
    >>> huge memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that
    >>> doesn't help.
    >>> i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up
    >>> the sensor reading.
    >>>
    >>> Is anybody out there could shed some light?

    >> Speedfan.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~

    > I guess im looking at the ACPI temp for my graphic card chip?

    No, the two sensors on my card are just listed, quite a way down the list,
    as 'Temp 1' and 'Temp 2' but under the "Configure" tab they are listed as
    being read by a Winbond W83L785R sensor chip. (Motherboard-based is Winbond
    W83627HF). YMMV for the graphics sensor but the mobo one should be the same.
    They are listed immediately above HDD temp and ACPI temp (I haven't beeen
    able to work that one out).
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 15, 2005