    assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
    exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

    Thank you.

    Gualtier Malde, Jul 10, 2007

  2. Gualtier Malde

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:

    > I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
    > running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
    > in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
    >
    > I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
    > assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
    > exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

    It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
    Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
    Micromedia Flash.

    Charani, Jul 10, 2007

  3. Charani wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >
    >> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
    >> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
    >> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
    >>
    >> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
    >> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
    >> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

    > It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
    > Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
    > Micromedia Flash.

    Thank you. I'd think it funny if Macromedia brought Compuserve to the party and then objected to
    it, but nothing is impossible.

    OTOH I am not married to the idea of Macromedia. What do you use to accommodate flash applets? I
    had thought of trying something else to see if it would work as well and be less picky.

    Gualtier Malde, Jul 10, 2007
  4. Charani wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >
    >> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
    >> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
    >> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
    >>
    >> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
    >> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
    >> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

    > It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
    > Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
    > Micromedia Flash.

    Well, the mystery won't be discovered by me, I'm giving up. I found a copy of Macromedia Flash v7
    to install and it went up without a hitch and is humming along.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Gualtier Malde, Jul 11, 2007
  5. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > Charani wrote:
    >> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
    >>> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
    >>> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
    >>>
    >>> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
    >>> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
    >>> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

    >> It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
    >> Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
    >> Micromedia Flash.

    > Well, the mystery won't be discovered by me, I'm giving up. I found a copy of Macromedia Flash v7
    > to install and it went up without a hitch and is humming along.
    >
    > Thanks for your reply.

    why don't you ask in the macromedia flash newsgroup? The
    server is forums.macromedia.com

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 11, 2007
  6. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> Charani wrote:

    >>> It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
    >>> Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
    >>> Micromedia Flash.

    >> Well, the mystery won't be discovered by me, I'm giving up. I found a
    >> copy of Macromedia Flash v7 to install and it went up without a hitch
    >> and is humming along.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your reply.

    > why don't you ask in the macromedia flash newsgroup? The server is
    > forums.macromedia.com

    I did and got no answer. I've gotten a lot of help from here and from Windows 2000 but the fact is
    that I have my own problem solved by using an old version and the thrill of the chase kind of paled.

    Gualtier Malde, Jul 11, 2007
  7. Gualtier Malde

    Charani Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:06:11 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:

    > What do you use to accommodate flash applets?

    I don't use flash applets - period.

    Charani, Jul 11, 2007
  8. Charani wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:06:11 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >
    >> What do you use to accommodate flash applets?

    > I don't use flash applets - period.

    Maybe I expressed it wrong - flash stuff, anyway. I do like to go places like Ardman, the people
    who did Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run (http://www.aardman.com/). I block stuff that come in
    that I don't want.

    Thank you

    Gualtier Malde, Jul 12, 2007
  9. Gualtier Malde

    fake-name Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process
    > identified as Compuserve is running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve
    > anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process in Task Manager
    > (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
    >
    > I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits,
    > like AOL messaging, but I assumed that Mozilla's products would not be
    > so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options exhausted, I am
    > going for the more/most remote possibilities.
    >
    > Thank you.

    erm...

    what "Mozilla" product are you trying to run ?

    and would you happen to be using an AOL dial-up account ?

    because the Wikipedia entry for Compuserve includes the following:

    <start quote>
    CompuServe Information Services is now positioned as the value market
    provider for several million customers, as part of the AOL Web Products
    Group. Recent U.S. versions of the CompuServe client software —
    essentially an enhanced web browser — use the Gecko layout engine
    developed for Mozilla, within a derivative of the AOL client and using
    the AOL dialup network.
    <end quote>

    fake-name, Jul 12, 2007