    service. Can it be done? Have you got it working?

    I know 18866 works OK with iax, but it seems sip is another story?

    Eric
    Eric Knowles, Jul 1, 2005

  2. On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:41:48 +0100, "Eric Knowles"
    <> wrote:

    > Has anyone successfully got this working, as I would
    >appreciate the help of someone who knows how to configure a sipura for this
    >service. Can it be done? Have you got it working?

    my ATA should arrive tomorrow, watch this space :)

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Eric Knowles

    Eric Knowles Guest

    "Eric Knowles" <> wrote in message
    >I have a sipura voip ata, and I'm trying desperately to get it working with
    >my 18866 account. Has anyone successfully got this working, as I would
    >appreciate the help of someone who knows how to configure a sipura for this
    >service. Can it be done? Have you got it working?
    >
    > I know 18866 works OK with iax, but it seems sip is another story?
    >
    > Eric

    I take it, from the lack of response to my post that 18866 DOES NOT WORK
    with SIP on VoIP then?

    So, I also assume from this, my sipura cannot be confugured to use 18866 for
    Vo-IP outgoing calls?

    Eric
    Eric Knowles, Jul 3, 2005
  4. On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:49:57 +0100, "Eric Knowles"
    <> wrote:

    >I take it, from the lack of response to my post that 18866 DOES NOT WORK
    >with SIP on VoIP then?

    it does work - just did it ! Rang my answering machine and got 2-way
    audio.

    >So, I also assume from this, my sipura cannot be confugured to use 18866 for
    >Vo-IP outgoing calls?

    I've configured Line 2 of a Linksys PAP2-NA to work with 18866, this
    is allegedly the same gear as a Sipura SPA2000

    I made 4 entries in the config page, its sat behind a NAT router.

    Display name: my name
    User ID: 1886601xxxyyyyyy (my 18866 base phone number)
    Password 342342 (my 18866 acount number - this isn't real)
    Proxy: sip.call18866.co.uk

    Phil
    Phil Thompson, Jul 3, 2005