documents in Printer are not in sorted order

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sujay, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. sujay

    sujay Guest

    Hi,

    We are having trouble printing documents in order using our HP 9050DN
    series laser printer.

    1. There are about thousand Invoices from the appplication that needs
    to be Printed in a specific order based on the file datetime
    attribute.

    2. Each file has a unique datetime attribute to ensure that there is
    no contention in the order in which files are printed.

    3. The documents are sent to the printer from the application and
    printed by the print server.

    4. When we check the application logs as well as the Print server
    logs, all the documents seem to be queued in the correct order.

    5. However when the actual reports come out from the printer output
    tray, some of the documents seem to be mixed up. The individual pages
    are printing fine, however it is just that the documents are not
    coming out in the order in which they were queued up for printing.

    6. We have checked the file sizes and also the actual printer server
    log to see whether there is any issue with large file sizes or printer
    server. However there has been no issues whatsover from the
    application and print server.

    Any pointers or suggestions would help

    Thanks in Advance
    Sujai