    C. Michael Gambrell

    Bring the Doctor to America
    http://drwhopetition.izhere.com/
    Guest, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    I live in America and I *don't* want Dr. Who to be aired here.
    Where's that petition?

    Harrison, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Guest

    Barry Guest

    Would that be because "Dr Who" can do the things other Americans can
    not?
    Would you change your mind if the BBC renamed it Dr. YankyWho and used
    an obsolete 737 instead of an old blue Police Box?

    Barry

    Barry, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Guest

    ñKs Guest

    Yank my doodle, it's a dandy...

    ñKs, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Barry said:

    > Would that be because "Dr Who" can do the things other Americans can
    > not?
    > Would you change your mind if the BBC renamed it Dr. YankyWho and used
    > an obsolete 737 instead of an old blue Police Box?
    >
    > Barry

    Doesn't the American Dr fly in Air Force One?
    A limit of 12 morphs and there could be problems keeping things going.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Guest

    Richard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Many American PBS channels are not airing Doctor Who. Right now, cable
    > subscribers recieve the BBC America channel. If you would like to see

    Doctor
    > Who, old, and soon to be, new episodes, on a regular basis on the BBC
    > America channel. Please sign this petition.

    Online petitions are not worth the paper they are written on.
    Richard, Dec 21, 2003
  7. <> wrote:

    It's a sad commentary on the 'net that when I read the subject field, I
    thought this was going to be from Scammer Who In Nigeria, looking for
    Rich Guy Who In US -- to rip off. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    The Boulder Pledge http://blinkynet.net/spag/boulder.html
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 21, 2003
  8. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Blinky the Shark said:

    > <> wrote:
    >
    > It's a sad commentary on the 'net that when I read the subject field, I
    > thought this was going to be from Scammer Who In Nigeria, looking for
    > Rich Guy Who In US -- to rip off. :)

    LOL
    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003
  9. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    You do realize that Dr. Who is a fictional character, don't you?

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:46:58 GMT, "Barry"

    Harrison, Dec 21, 2003
  10. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    No. The American Dr., in a generic sense, makes the vast majority of
    the worlds' medical and technological breakthroughs.
    The American Soldier keeps European cities such as London and Paris
    from becoming Nazi German or Soviet slums.

    Harrison, Dec 21, 2003
  11. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > You do realize that Dr. Who is a fictional character, don't you?

    No he isn't.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003
  12. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > No. The American Dr., in a generic sense, makes the vast majority of
    > the worlds' medical and technological breakthroughs.

    Bullshit.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003
  13. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    Let me be sure that I understand you.
    You believe that Dr. Who, a character in a British science fiction
    television series, is a real person?

    I don't know if what you're smoking or drinking is even legal or not,
    but I damned sure want some!

    When you come down, please see the section describing Dr. Who.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/features/brief_history/approach2.html

    Harrison, Dec 22, 2003
  14. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:21:25 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

    >Harrison said:
    >
    >> No. The American Dr., in a generic sense, makes the vast majority of
    >> the worlds' medical and technological breakthroughs.

    >Bullshit.

    Predictable retort.

    >> The American Soldier keeps European cities such as London and Paris
    >> from becoming Nazi German or Soviet slums.

    >Bullshit.

    Ditto.

    Harrison, Dec 22, 2003
  15. Guest

    orion Guest

    In that case you can always --- NOT WATCH IT! Little buttons on the remote,
    you can actually be in charge of what you do or don't watch. I'll do the
    same if you don't mind.
    @orion

    orion, Dec 22, 2003
  16. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > Let me be sure that I understand you.
    > You believe that Dr. Who, a character in a British science fiction
    > television series, is a real person?
    >
    > I don't know if what you're smoking or drinking is even legal or not,
    > but I damned sure want some!
    >
    > When you come down, please see the section describing Dr. Who.
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/features/brief_history/approach2.html

    Whoever wrote that page doesn't know much about the Dr, old turkey indeed, and
    he doesn't even seem to know what the "ship" is called.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 22, 2003
  17. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:21:25 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Harrison said:
    >>
    >>> No. The American Dr., in a generic sense, makes the vast majority of
    >>> the worlds' medical and technological breakthroughs.

    >> Bullshit.

    > Predictable retort.

    Predictable?
    He may make the vast majority of Americas medical and technological
    breakthroughs, but not the worlds.

    >>> The American Soldier keeps European cities such as London and Paris
    >>> from becoming Nazi German or Soviet slums.

    >> Bullshit.

    > Ditto.

    Ditto?
    The first world war, where was America?
    The second world war, was fought for years before America came in during the
    closing months.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 22, 2003
  18. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:41:07 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

    >Harrison said:
    >
    >> Let me be sure that I understand you.
    >> You believe that Dr. Who, a character in a British science fiction
    >> television series, is a real person?
    >>
    >> I don't know if what you're smoking or drinking is even legal or not,
    >> but I damned sure want some!
    >>
    >> When you come down, please see the section describing Dr. Who.
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/features/brief_history/approach2.html

    >Whoever wrote that page doesn't know much about the Dr, old turkey indeed, and
    >he doesn't even seem to know what the "ship" is called.

    The document was drafted by the creators of the program, so you're
    probably right. What could they possibly know about it.

    Harrison, Dec 22, 2003
  19. Guest

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:49:24 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

    >Harrison said:
    >
    >> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:21:25 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Bullshit.

    >> Predictable retort.

    >Predictable?
    >He may make the vast majority of Americas medical and technological
    >breakthroughs, but not the worlds.

    >>> Bullshit.

    >> Ditto.

    >Ditto?
    >The first world war, where was America?

    Same place it is now.
    America is the rest of the world's big brother. You all piss and moan
    about how we control things and call the shots, but when you get your
    scrawny little asses in trouble, who do you call to come bail you out?

    >The second world war, was fought for years before America came in during the
    >closing months.

    The reason it was the closing months was because America stepped in
    and ended it. If we had not intervened, much of Europe would be a very
    different place today.

    Harrison, Dec 22, 2003
  20. Guest

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:49:24 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    > <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Harrison said:

    >>> Predictable retort.

    >> Predictable?
    >> He may make the vast majority of Americas medical and technological
    >> breakthroughs, but not the worlds.

    >>> Ditto.

    >> Ditto?
    >> The first world war, where was America?

    > Same place it is now.
    > America is the rest of the world's big brother. You all piss and moan
    > about how we control things and call the shots, but when you get your
    > scrawny little asses in trouble, who do you call to come bail you out?
    >
    >> The second world war, was fought for years before America came in during the
    >> closing months.

    > The reason it was the closing months was because America stepped in
    > and ended it. If we had not intervened, much of Europe would be a very
    > different place today.

    ROTFLMFAOPAOTF
    Brian H¹©, Dec 22, 2003