DOCTOR STRANGE on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by TODD TAMANEND CLARK, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. TODD TAMANEND CLARK, Aug 19, 2007

  2. On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 03:37:32 -0700, TODD TAMANEND CLARK
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone reading this seen the new animated
    >DOCTOR STRANGE DVD?<<<

    I reviewed it over at the Comics Buyer's Guide forums.

    It's in my folder at:

    www.cbgxtra.com

    Tony Isabella
    Tony Isabella, Aug 19, 2007

  3. TODD TAMANEND CLARK

    YKW '06 Guest

    On 19 Aug 2007, (Tony Isabella) re-ordered random
    electrons to communicate as follows:

    > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 03:37:32 -0700, TODD TAMANEND CLARK
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone reading this seen the new animated
    >>DOCTOR STRANGE DVD?<<<

    > I reviewed it over at the Comics Buyer's Guide forums.
    >
    > It's in my folder at:
    >
    > www.cbgxtra.com
    >
    > Tony Isabella

    Or it would be if you could <hint> get someone to reset the server over
    there </hint>. :)

    --
    ------------------- ------------------------------------------------
    || E-mail: ykw2006 ||"The mystery of government is not how Washington||
    YKW '06, Aug 19, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    TODD TAMANEND CLARK <> wrote:
    >Has anyone reading this seen the new animated
    >DOCTOR STRANGE DVD?

    Yep. See rec.arts.comics.reviews for my review, posted last Wednesday
    as part of my Capsules.

    Dave Van Domelen, liked it.
    Dave Van Domelen, Aug 19, 2007
  5. I like how people will say they reviewed it, but not let you know what they
    thought of it.
    Is it to much trouble to answer a question, without laying out more answers
    or a trail of bread crumbs to follow, like anyone's opinion is really worth
    having to hunt it down. C'mon people, this is not the Davinci Code.
    ANYWAY...

    I say I liked it, but thought it was a mediocre attempt at telling a large
    story. It was so very much am origin story, and the animation was up to par
    with the other Mavel DVDs that have come lately. It was not boring, but
    just above average. Maybe if the powers that be push for a sequal, now that
    the origin is out of the way, and just tell a good story, it will mak this
    one worth while (also applies to Iron Man). Dr. Strange has never been the
    most cool character, and this movie did not help him in this regard. I
    thought him becoming Numero Uno of the Magic world should take some time,
    but it is basically handed to him. Am I upset I got it? No. Do I think
    they could have done a little better? Maybe. Will I buy a part two? Yes.

    7 out of 11 stars from me.

    Saint HorseFly, Aug 19, 2007
  6. "Saint HorseFly" <> wrote in

    > I like how people will say they reviewed it, but not let you know what
    > they thought of it.
    > Is it to much trouble to answer a question, without laying out more
    > answers or a trail of bread crumbs to follow, like anyone's opinion is
    > really worth having to hunt it down. C'mon people, this is not the
    > Davinci Code. ANYWAY...
    >
    > I say I liked it, but thought it was a mediocre attempt at telling a
    > large story. It was so very much am origin story, and the animation
    > was up to par with the other Mavel DVDs that have come lately. It was
    > not boring, but just above average. Maybe if the powers that be push
    > for a sequal, now that the origin is out of the way, and just tell a
    > good story, it will mak this one worth while (also applies to Iron
    > Man). Dr. Strange has never been the most cool character, and this
    > movie did not help him in this regard. I thought him becoming Numero
    > Uno of the Magic world should take some time, but it is basically
    > handed to him.

    I've heard it draws from the JMS retelling of his origin. That
    version pretty much just hands the spot to Strange as well.

    I still think that miniseries should just have been Ultimate Doctor
    Strange. That is what it both felt and looked like.
    Billy Bissette, Aug 20, 2007
  7. "Tony Isabella" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 03:37:32 -0700, TODD TAMANEND CLARK
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone reading this seen the new animated
    >>DOCTOR STRANGE DVD?<<<

    > I reviewed it over at the Comics Buyer's Guide forums.
    >
    > It's in my folder at:
    >
    > www.cbgxtra.com
    >
    > Tony Isabella

    Seeing how the home page says jack squat about Tony inestimateable review,
    perhaps a link to the columns page might be helpful:

    http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42

    And look, Tony's discussed other stuff also:

    http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topics&forumid=28

    From there, one should be readily able to find his Strange review.

    -- Ken from Chicago
    Ken from Chicago, Aug 24, 2007
  8. TODD TAMANEND CLARK

    Jordan Guest

    On Aug 24, 1:38 am, "Ken from Chicago" <>
    wrote:
    > "Tony Isabella" <> wrote in message

    > > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 03:37:32 -0700, TODD TAMANEND CLARK
    > > <> wrote:

    > >>Has anyone reading this seen the new animated
    > >>DOCTOR STRANGE DVD?<<<

    > > I reviewed it over at the Comics Buyer's Guide forums.

    > > It's in my folder at:

    > >www.cbgxtra.com

    > > Tony Isabella

    > Seeing how the home page says jack squat about Tony inestimateable review,
    > perhaps a link to the columns page might be helpful:
    >
    > http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42
    >
    > And look, Tony's discussed other stuff also:
    >
    > http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topics&forumid=28
    >
    > From there, one should be readily able to find his Strange review.
    >
    > -- Ken from Chicago

    It's worth noting as well that Tony Isabella is a bonafide comics
    professional.

    His review:
    http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=28&postid=32766

    Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Isabella

    Tony - Loved the 90's run on Black Lightning BTW. Yeah, I guess that
    makes me the one. :^)

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Aug 25, 2007
  9. "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 24, 1:38 am, "Ken from Chicago" <>
    > wrote:
    >> "Tony Isabella" <> wrote in message

    >> > I reviewed it over at the Comics Buyer's Guide forums.

    >> > It's in my folder at:

    >> >www.cbgxtra.com

    >> > Tony Isabella

    >> Seeing how the home page says jack squat about Tony inestimateable
    >> review,
    >> perhaps a link to the columns page might be helpful:
    >>
    >> http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42
    >>
    >> And look, Tony's discussed other stuff also:
    >>
    >> http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topics&forumid=28
    >>
    >> From there, one should be readily able to find his Strange review.
    >>
    >> -- Ken from Chicago

    > It's worth noting as well that Tony Isabella is a bonafide comics
    > professional.
    >
    > His review:
    > http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=28&postid=32766
    >
    > Wiki:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Isabella
    >
    > Tony - Loved the 90's run on Black Lightning BTW. Yeah, I guess that
    > makes me the one. :^)
    >
    > - Jordan

    That is a good ... tip.

    -- Ken from Chicago