    it. I thought there may be an easier way. Sorry about the long post, but
    tried to explain the best I could. He has XP Home and I think SP2. Thanks
    for any help.

    Trish, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Trish

    old jon Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in message
    news:didbjk$sbq$...
    > When I download tracks or albums from WinMx, I can click on Explorer on my
    > desktop which brings up 'My Documents', where I have a folder called 'My
    > Music' and all my downloaded tracks and albums are listed there, which is
    > great and works well for me. My friend has recently installed Lime wire
    > and all his music is going into C:\ Documents and Settings. I have not
    > actually seen the set-up myself as we have just talked on the phone, but
    > he says he has to do a search for Documents and Settings and all his music
    > is in there, but he says it's a lot of messing around when he wants to
    > find anything. Is there any way he can set up a folder in 'My Documents'
    > like the set up that I have, where he can go straight to his music. I
    > can't remember how I did mine, it was such a long while ago and mine is
    > Winmx anyway, which may work different, I think maybe It was done during
    > the installation process but I'm not sure. Can anyone help, before he
    > uninstalls the program and reinstalls it. I thought there may be an easier
    > way. Sorry about the long post, but tried to explain the best I could. He
    > has XP Home and I think SP2. Thanks for any help.

    Limewire puts stuff in `shared` by default, you can tell it where you want
    default `shared`
    to be. It`s the old story really. Read the help file. I`ve got it on my
    desktop.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Trish" <> wrote in message
    >> When I download tracks or albums from WinMx, I can click on Explorer on
    >> my desktop which brings up 'My Documents', where I have a folder called
    >> 'My Music' and all my downloaded tracks and albums are listed there,
    >> which is great and works well for me. My friend has recently installed
    >> Lime wire and all his music is going into C:\ Documents and Settings. I
    >> have not actually seen the set-up myself as we have just talked on the
    >> phone, but he says he has to do a search for Documents and Settings and
    >> all his music is in there, but he says it's a lot of messing around when
    >> he wants to find anything. Is there any way he can set up a folder in 'My
    >> Documents' like the set up that I have, where he can go straight to his
    >> music. I can't remember how I did mine, it was such a long while ago and
    >> mine is Winmx anyway, which may work different, I think maybe It was done
    >> during the installation process but I'm not sure. Can anyone help, before
    >> he uninstalls the program and reinstalls it. I thought there may be an
    >> easier way. Sorry about the long post, but tried to explain the best I
    >> could. He has XP Home and I think SP2. Thanks for any help.
    >>

    > Limewire puts stuff in `shared` by default, you can tell it where you want
    > default `shared`
    > to be. It`s the old story really. Read the help file. I`ve got it on my
    > desktop.
    > best wishes..OJ

    Thanks OJ. Not sure if you remember, but you helped me with Limewire a long
    while ago. I had problems with it my self and ended up uninstalling it, but
    I think that was my fault coz I think I cocked up the installation process.
    Anyway I ended up sticking to Winmx, which I have no problems with. Though I
    do hear Limewire is supposed to be better. Obviously I am not in front of my
    friends PC at the moment and he is at work, but when you say read the help
    file, do you mean the help file on the Limewire website. By the way, he says
    he has got to pay for it, but I said I thought it used to be free, am I
    right. Thanks again for your help.

    Trish, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Trish

    George Guest

    Trish wrote:
    > When I download tracks or albums from WinMx, I can click on Explorer
    > on my desktop which brings up 'My Documents', where I have a folder
    > called 'My Music' and all my downloaded tracks and albums are listed
    > there, which is great and works well for me. My friend has recently
    > installed Lime wire and all his music is going into C:\ Documents and
    > Settings. I have not actually seen the set-up myself as we have just
    > talked on the phone, but he says he has to do a search for Documents
    > and Settings and all his music is in there, but he says it's a lot of
    > messing around when he wants to find anything. Is there any way he
    > can set up a folder in 'My Documents' like the set up that I have,
    > where he can go straight to his music. I can't remember how I did
    > mine, it was such a long while ago and mine is Winmx anyway, which
    > may work different, I think maybe It was done during the installation
    > process but I'm not sure. Can anyone help, before he uninstalls the
    > program and reinstalls it. I thought there may be an easier way.
    > Sorry about the long post, but tried to explain the best I could. He
    > has XP Home and I think SP2. Thanks for any help.

    I use it and its pretty simple. Click tools, then options. The first
    choice is where do you want to save. Limewire is free unless you choose the
    "pro" version.

    George, Oct 10, 2005
  5. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > Trish wrote:
    >> When I download tracks or albums from WinMx, I can click on Explorer
    >> on my desktop which brings up 'My Documents', where I have a folder
    >> called 'My Music' and all my downloaded tracks and albums are listed
    >> there, which is great and works well for me. My friend has recently
    >> installed Lime wire and all his music is going into C:\ Documents and
    >> Settings. I have not actually seen the set-up myself as we have just
    >> talked on the phone, but he says he has to do a search for Documents
    >> and Settings and all his music is in there, but he says it's a lot of
    >> messing around when he wants to find anything. Is there any way he
    >> can set up a folder in 'My Documents' like the set up that I have,
    >> where he can go straight to his music. I can't remember how I did
    >> mine, it was such a long while ago and mine is Winmx anyway, which
    >> may work different, I think maybe It was done during the installation
    >> process but I'm not sure. Can anyone help, before he uninstalls the
    >> program and reinstalls it. I thought there may be an easier way.
    >> Sorry about the long post, but tried to explain the best I could. He
    >> has XP Home and I think SP2. Thanks for any help.

    > I use it and its pretty simple. Click tools, then options. The first
    > choice is where do you want to save. Limewire is free unless you choose
    > the
    > "pro" version.

    Thanks for your help. As I said in my last post, I am not in front of my
    friends PC and I don't have Limewire installed on my PC so I can't check it
    out at the moment. His main concern I think, is that he is worrid that with
    all his music going to Documents and settings, he is also shareing everthing
    else that is on his PC. When he installed the program I think he installed
    it in the default folder. If he had chosen a different folder, could he have
    set it up like mine, to go into a music folder.

    Trish, Oct 10, 2005