    open the .docx format. If there is can you tell me the site to find and use
    and also if it is possible to keep the 2003 and also the converter . Thanks
    to all
    Tom, Jul 3, 2010

  2. Tom

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I have Microsoft office 2003 and it is .Doc I have been getting at times a
    > attachment with .docx which I think is the Microsoft word 2007, Is there a
    > way I can keep my 2003 with the .doc and just have a program or converter to
    > open the .docx format.

    Yes.

    > If there is can you tell me the site to find and use
    > and also if it is possible to keep the 2003 and also the converter . Thanks
    > to all

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-an-earlier-version-of-word-HA010044473.aspx
    or http://peek.snipr.com/yt7pu To open Microsoft Office Word 2007 .docx
    or .docm files with Microsoft Office Word 2003, Word 2002, or Word 2000,
    you need to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word,
    Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats and any necessary Office
    updates. By using the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system, you
    can open, edit some items, and save Office Word 2007 documents in
    previous versions of Word.

    Also, you should tell your friends that they shouldn't be distributing
    shared documents in a format which is so incompatible with so many
    different word processors.

    Your friends can save their documents for wharing with their Word 2007
    or 2010 in a compatible format. Then they can save those same documents
    for themselves for 'internal' non-shared use in whatever proprietary
    format they want.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 3, 2010

  3. Tom

    Parko Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 20:14:47 -0400, Tom scrawled:

    > I have Microsoft office 2003 and it is .Doc I have been getting at times
    > a attachment with .docx which I think is the Microsoft word 2007, Is
    > there a way I can keep my 2003 with the .doc and just have a program or
    > converter to open the .docx format. If there is can you tell me the site
    > to find and use and also if it is possible to keep the 2003 and also the
    > converter . Thanks to all

    Abiword will do it with the OpenXML plugin
    http://www.abisource.com/

    --
    You will be prompted to restart the computer.
    Click Yes. Click Yes. Click Yes. Click Yes. Click Yes.
    Parko, Jul 4, 2010