    reports 2.917v, also the same when in XP.

    My Kingmax Rams are rated 2.7V Max.

    So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    Robin Wheeler, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Robin Wheeler wrote:
    > So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    eek... If I knew how, I'd check it.(lacking ability)

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Well it turns out, in my case you can't.
    >
    > DDR Voltage set to Nomal (2.5v)
    >
    > But I noticed the Vcore 1 reading with MBM5 was 2.85v, but what was Vcore 1,
    > so I contacted Alex at MBM and he came back and stated that Vcore 1 is the
    > DIMM Voltage.?
    >
    > So did some more checking, use the Gigabyte EasyTune4 Utile, this was showing
    > 2.9v.?
    >
    > Then use Sandra, this was Showing AUX Voltage 2.91v
    >
    > Also found that EasyTune 4, you can turn this down to 2.6v and both MBM5 and
    > Sandra proved this with a 2.5xv report.
    >
    > I then grabbed my Fluke 79mand checked DDR pin 7 when in the bios and it
    > reports 2.917v, also the same when in XP.
    >
    > My Kingmax Rams are rated 2.7V Max.
    >
    > So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    So what CRAP(TM) motherboard have you got this time?

    Mainlander, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Robin Wheeler

    K & S Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:49:41 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>

    >> Well it turns out, in my case you can't.
    >>
    >> DDR Voltage set to Nomal (2.5v)
    >>
    >> But I noticed the Vcore 1 reading with MBM5 was 2.85v, but what was Vcore 1,
    >> so I contacted Alex at MBM and he came back and stated that Vcore 1 is the
    >> DIMM Voltage.?
    >>
    >> So did some more checking, use the Gigabyte EasyTune4 Utile, this was showing
    >> 2.9v.?
    >>
    >> Then use Sandra, this was Showing AUX Voltage 2.91v
    >>
    >> Also found that EasyTune 4, you can turn this down to 2.6v and both MBM5 and
    >> Sandra proved this with a 2.5xv report.
    >>
    >> I then grabbed my Fluke 79mand checked DDR pin 7 when in the bios and it
    >> reports 2.917v, also the same when in XP.
    >>
    >> My Kingmax Rams are rated 2.7V Max.
    >>
    >> So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    >So what CRAP(TM) motherboard have you got this time?

    What no more HTML, have you moved up to Agent..?

    A Real News Reader..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004
  5. On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:31:40 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Robin Wheeler wrote:
    >> So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    >eek... If I knew how, I'd check it.(lacking ability)

    MBM5 Can if it supports your MoBo and also SiSoft Sandra..

    Robert Mathews, Jan 11, 2004
  6. Steve Robertson wrote:
    >>Well it turns out, in my case you can't.

    > The temp & voltage sensors on m/b's ARE NOT ACCURATE.

    If they are not accurate, why bother going to the expense of putting
    them there?

    I know I'd rather have a cheaper component with no sensors than a dearer
    one with dodgy sensors.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Robin Wheeler

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Steve Robertson wrote:
    >>> Well it turns out, in my case you can't.

    >> The temp & voltage sensors on m/b's ARE NOT ACCURATE.

    > If they are not accurate, why bother going to the expense of putting
    > them there?

    Because most of the software you use to read them in an OS can be
    calibrated, maybe against a thermal probe,and compensation used.

    > I know I'd rather have a cheaper component with no sensors than a
    > dearer one with dodgy sensors.

    I wouldn't. At least with "dodgy sensors" you can still get an indication of
    temperature change, wanring you of fan failure or dust build-up.

    JMO.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 11, 2004
  8. Robin Wheeler

    K & S Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:33:03 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:

    >T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> The temp & voltage sensors on m/b's ARE NOT ACCURATE.

    >> If they are not accurate, why bother going to the expense of putting
    >> them there?

    >Because most of the software you use to read them in an OS can be
    >calibrated, maybe against a thermal probe,and compensation used.
    >
    >> I know I'd rather have a cheaper component with no sensors than a
    >> dearer one with dodgy sensors.

    >I wouldn't. At least with "dodgy sensors" you can still get an indication of
    >temperature change, wanring you of fan failure or dust build-up.
    >
    >JMO.

    I used a Fluke to verify my concerns, and it turns out I was right, Only MBM5
    that was a bit out and showed low readings..

    SiSoft Sandra gave excellent readings..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004
  9. Robin Wheeler

    K & S Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:54:29 GMT, (Steve Robertson) wrote:

    >In article <>, Robin Wheeler <> wrote:
    >>

    >>Well it turns out, in my case you can't.

    >The temp & voltage sensors on m/b's ARE NOT ACCURATE.

    They are OK when things are way out like in my case..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004

    Steve Robertson, Jan 11, 2004
  11. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:49:41 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >>

    > >> Well it turns out, in my case you can't.
    > >>
    > >> DDR Voltage set to Nomal (2.5v)
    > >>
    > >> But I noticed the Vcore 1 reading with MBM5 was 2.85v, but what was Vcore 1,
    > >> so I contacted Alex at MBM and he came back and stated that Vcore 1 is the
    > >> DIMM Voltage.?
    > >>
    > >> So did some more checking, use the Gigabyte EasyTune4 Utile, this was showing
    > >> 2.9v.?
    > >>
    > >> Then use Sandra, this was Showing AUX Voltage 2.91v
    > >>
    > >> Also found that EasyTune 4, you can turn this down to 2.6v and both MBM5 and
    > >> Sandra proved this with a 2.5xv report.
    > >>
    > >> I then grabbed my Fluke 79mand checked DDR pin 7 when in the bios and it
    > >> reports 2.917v, also the same when in XP.
    > >>
    > >> My Kingmax Rams are rated 2.7V Max.
    > >>
    > >> So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    > >So what CRAP(TM) motherboard have you got this time?

    > What no more HTML, have you moved up to Agent..?
    >
    > A Real News Reader..

    You must have updated the crap(TM) software at your end

    Mainlander, Jan 12, 2004
  12. In article <btsl2c$aoc1m$-berlin.de>, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    >Steve Robertson wrote:
    >>>Well it turns out, in my case you can't.

    >> The temp & voltage sensors on m/b's ARE NOT ACCURATE.

    >If they are not accurate, why bother going to the expense of putting
    >them there?

    Prohably just marketing.Ive had to disable the sensor alarms on a few boards in the past
    because of problems with inacurate reading causing shutdowns & alarms to go off.
    Do you really think that m/b manufacturers put expensive monitoring systems on their boards
    My previous m/b was known to give a false reading on CPU voltage. No big deal, most people didnt
    even know.

    Steve Robertson, Jan 12, 2004