  1. Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    .... really? You identify personally with an inanimate piece of SOFTWARE?

    That's just so sad ...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 17, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Jack Spratt Guest

    news:guoeb8$7be$...
    > Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    No just bored.

    Jack Spratt, May 17, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Party Animal Guest

    Jack Spratt wrote:
    > "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    > message news:guoeb8$7be$...
    >> Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    > No just bored.

    I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.

    You are the antiwoger.

    Party Animal, May 17, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Party Animal wrote:
    > Jack Spratt wrote:
    >> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >> message news:guoeb8$7be$...
    >>> Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    >> No just bored.

    > I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    > managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    > involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >
    > You are the antiwoger.

    He's just a lamer who gets his kick baiting anyone he can, He needs to
    take a trip down to california girls, get all his "tensions" worked out
    instead of getting his jollies baiting everyone here. Hey I can even
    give him driving directions from your place, and i'm sure they will give
    him a 'virgin' discount. ;)

    greg, May 17, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Cima Guest

    On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:14:35 +1200, greg <> wrote:

    >Party Animal wrote:
    >> Jack Spratt wrote:
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:guoeb8$7be$...
    >>>
    >>> No just bored.

    >> I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    >> managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    >> involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >>
    >> You are the antiwoger.

    >He's just a lamer who gets his kick baiting anyone he can, He needs to
    >take a trip down to california girls, get all his "tensions" worked out
    >instead of getting his jollies baiting everyone here. Hey I can even
    >give him driving directions from your place, and i'm sure they will give
    >him a 'virgin' discount. ;)

    A master baiter?

    Cima, May 17, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Party Animal wrote:
    > Jack Spratt wrote:
    >> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >> message news:guoeb8$7be$...
    >>> Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    >> No just bored.

    > I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    > managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    > involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >
    > You are the antiwoger.

    I wonder what happens when woger and antiwoger meet? They'd probably
    annihilate each other in an enormous fart.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 17, 2009
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Rhino Guest

    On Sun, 17 May 2009 19:28:40 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...
    >
    >... really? You identify personally with an inanimate piece of SOFTWARE?
    >
    >That's just so sad ...

    No,

    I just see your comments like my children when they were 2-3 years old
    and became fascinated with "poos and wees." Quite interesting for
    them, but boring for the adults around.

    Who knows, maybe one day you will grow out of it.

    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, May 17, 2009
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Rhino Guest

    On Sun, 17 May 2009 21:33:18 +1200, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    >Party Animal wrote:
    >> Jack Spratt wrote:
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:guoeb8$7be$...
    >>>
    >>> No just bored.

    >> I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    >> managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    >> involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >>
    >> You are the antiwoger.
    > >

    >I wonder what happens when woger and antiwoger meet? They'd probably
    >annihilate each other in an enormous fart.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Cliff,

    Reading your reply with a mouth full of liquid was dangerous for my
    monitor. Absolutely brilliant. :)

    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, May 17, 2009
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Sun, 17 May 2009 19:28:40 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...
    >
    > ... really? You identify personally with an inanimate piece of SOFTWARE?
    >
    > That's just so sad ...

    No we don't get offended. Dimdows sucks ass, and Microsuck rips us off.
    But unfortunatley all of the alternative OS's suck even more.
    Especially Linux.

    So for now we're stuck with Dimdows.

    It's just so sad ...

    -ws

    Will Spencer, May 17, 2009
  10. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Party Animal Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > Party Animal wrote:
    >> Jack Spratt wrote:
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:guoeb8$7be$...
    >>>
    >>> No just bored.

    >> I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    >> managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every
    >> discussion involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >>
    >> You are the antiwoger.
    > >

    > I wonder what happens when woger and antiwoger meet? They'd probably
    > annihilate each other in an enormous fart.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    LOL
    Bring it on.

    Party Animal, May 17, 2009
  11. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cima wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:14:35 +1200, greg <> wrote:
    >
    >> Party Animal wrote:

    >>> I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you
    >>> have managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every
    >>> discussion involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >>>
    >>> You are the antiwoger.

    >> He's just a lamer who gets his kick baiting anyone he can, He needs
    >> to take a trip down to california girls, get all his "tensions"
    >> worked out instead of getting his jollies baiting everyone here. Hey
    >> I can even give him driving directions from your place, and i'm sure
    >> they will give him a 'virgin' discount. ;)
    >>

    > A master baiter?

    Obviously. He got a lot of bites with this post.

    I know, I've posted in this thread too now, the irony isn't lost on me but I
    couldn't believe the amount of replies to this arse-clown.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, May 17, 2009
  12. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Chris Lim Guest

    On May 18, 9:32 am, Allistar <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    > Offended? No.
    >
    > > ... really? You identify personally with an inanimate piece of SOFTWARE?

    > > That's just so sad ...

    > Oh the irony. What's sad is intentionally misspelling a word in such a
    > puerile fashion as to render any point you are making in your post hardly
    > worth the time reading.

    He seems to be a stereotypical old-school geek -- technically very
    knowledgeable but socially clueless. I really think he has no idea how
    he comes across to others. Perhaps a touch of Aspergers?

    Chris Lim, May 17, 2009
  13. In message <guofhb$qf9$>, Party Animal wrote:

    > Jack Spratt wrote ...
    >
    > I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    > managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    > involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >
    > You are the antiwoger.

    If you don't like him, just killfile him.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 18, 2009
  14. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Party Animal Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <guofhb$qf9$>, Party Animal wrote:
    >
    >> Jack Spratt wrote ...
    >>
    >> I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    >> managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    >> involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >>
    >> You are the antiwoger.

    > If you don't like him, just killfile him.

    You know it was addressed to you, but then thats your little geeky
    literalist game.
    People like you just poison newsgroups and forums

    Party Animal, May 18, 2009
  15. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Matty F Guest

    On May 18, 10:55 am, Chris Lim <> wrote:
    > On May 18, 9:32 am, Allistar <> wrote:
    >
    > > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > > Hands up all those who get offended every time I say "Dimdows" ...

    > > Offended? No.

    > > > ... really? You identify personally with an inanimate piece of SOFTWARE?

    > > > That's just so sad ...

    > > Oh the irony. What's sad is intentionally misspelling a word in such a
    > > puerile fashion as to render any point you are making in your post hardly
    > > worth the time reading.

    > He seems to be a stereotypical old-school geek -- technically very
    > knowledgeable but socially clueless. I really think he has no idea how
    > he comes across to others. Perhaps a touch of Aspergers?

    Everybody is on the Autism Spectrum somewhere. Programmers are further
    along it.

    Matty F, May 18, 2009
  16. In message <guq81p$l61$>, Party Animal wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In message <guofhb$qf9$>, Party Animal wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jack Spratt wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> I'm irritated by the repetitive stupidity of it, and the way you have
    >>> managed to enrage the Windows users to the point where every discussion
    >>> involving linux is automatically pointless flamebait.
    >>>
    >>> You are the antiwoger.

    >> If you don't like him, just killfile him.

    > You know it was addressed to you ...

    When you say "you", that's generally understood to refer to the person you
    were replying to.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 18, 2009
  17. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Matty F Guest

    On May 18, 3:58 pm, Allistar <> wrote:
    > Matty F wrote:

    > >> He seems to be a stereotypical old-school geek -- technically very
    > >> knowledgeable but socially clueless. I really think he has no idea how
    > >> he comes across to others. Perhaps a touch of Aspergers?

    > > Everybody is on the Autism Spectrum somewhere. Programmers are further
    > > along it.

    > That's one hell of a generalisation.

    There are scores of characteristics that are typical of autistics.
    Someone with mild Aspergers may have a third or half of those
    characteristics to some extent. "Normal" people may have around 10 of
    those characteristics. One of the characteristics is the ability to
    concentrate for a long time on some technical interest, such as
    computer programming or a new theory of physics. That is a good thing
    for society. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

    Matty F, May 19, 2009