    snuh Guest

    i recently received an e-50 from ebay and i dont have the remote. is
    there any way to finalize disks without it?

    snuh, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Re: do you need the remote control in order to finalize for a panasonice-50?

    snuh wrote:

    > i recently received an e-50 from ebay and i dont have the remote. is
    > there any way to finalize disks without it?

    Did a quick look in the manual, I think you're out of
    luck - no way to name the programs or the disc or
    finalize it w/o the remote.

    Only alternative is if you have a universal remote that
    might have the codes already it in, or it has someway
    to accept new codes and the E50 ones are available from
    somewhere.

    Best bet might be to call Panasonic and see if a remote
    and be purchased on it's own.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 15, 2003

  3. snuh

    Mac Breck Guest

    "snuh" <> wrote in message
    > i recently received an e-50 from ebay and i dont have the

    remote. is
    > there any way to finalize disks without it?

    Can't you do it from the front panel? On my DMR-E30s, you
    just push the Functions button, use the joystick to go up
    and over to Disc Settings, and pick Finalize.

    On the DMR-E50s
    http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/assets/product_images/18057.jpg
    I don't see a joystick, but there has to be a way. Is there
    a joystick or other method hidden under a panel? It's hard
    to tell from this tiny picture.

    --
    Mac Breck (KoshN) - from the desktop PC
    -------------------------------

    Mac Breck, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Re: do you need the remote control in order to finalize for a panasonice-50?

    Mac Breck wrote:

    > Can't you do it from the front panel? On my DMR-E30s, you
    > just push the Functions button, use the joystick to go up
    > and over to Disc Settings, and pick Finalize.
    >
    > On the DMR-E50s
    > http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/assets/product_images/18057.jpg
    > I don't see a joystick, but there has to be a way. Is there
    > a joystick or other method hidden under a panel? It's hard
    > to tell from this tiny picture.

    As I already posted, you can't set program or disc text
    or finalize w/o the remote...

    .... there are no menu or function buttons or any kind of
    joystick or specialized buttons for managing the disc.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 15, 2003
  5. snuh

    Mac Breck Guest

    "Darrel Christenson" <> wrote
    in message news:ltytb.204352$HS4.1787751@attbi_s01...
    > Mac Breck wrote:
    >
    > > Can't you do it from the front panel? On my DMR-E30s,

    you
    > > just push the Functions button, use the joystick to go

    up
    > > and over to Disc Settings, and pick Finalize.
    > >
    > > On the DMR-E50s

    http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/assets/product_images/18057.jpg
    > > I don't see a joystick, but there has to be a way. Is

    there
    > > a joystick or other method hidden under a panel? It's

    hard
    > > to tell from this tiny picture.

    > As I already posted, you can't set program or disc text
    > or finalize w/o the remote...
    >
    > ... there are no menu or function buttons or any kind of
    > joystick or specialized buttons for managing the disc.

    With a higher number you'd think that it'd have all the
    features of the lower models. However, with this one, being
    the same price as the 30, it looks like they deleted certain
    features to include others.

    Mac Breck, Nov 17, 2003