    that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly chosen theme?

    thanks,

    td.
    toedipper, Dec 14, 2004

  2. toedipper

    Jim Scott Guest

    toedipper wrote:

    > If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is,
    > if not then a good idea I think....
    >

    > I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add
    > in/extension that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a
    > randomly chosen theme?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > td.

    Random theme switcher is there somewhere. I'll let you find it :eek:)
    --
    Jim

    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address
    Jim Scott, Dec 15, 2004

  3. toedipper

    First Last Guest

    toedipper wrote:
    > If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
    > then a good idea I think....
    >

    > I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add in/extension
    > that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly chosen theme?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > td.

    i don't recommend XPIs from the extension mirror, but i guess just this
    once might not hurt. plus, this person has four extensions that pass
    the tests and made it to update.mozilla.org. great idea. i'm going to
    download some themes and see how i like this.

    --
    http://home.earthlink.net/~id3ntific4tion/revolution.html
    First Last, Dec 15, 2004
  4. toedipper

    First Last Guest

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1469&hl=random theme switcher
    First Last, Dec 15, 2004
  5. First Last wrote:
    > toedipper wrote:
    >
    >> If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if
    >> not then a good idea I think....
    >>

    >> I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add
    >> in/extension that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly
    >> chosen theme?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> td.
    >>

    > i don't recommend XPIs from the extension mirror, but i guess just this
    > once might not hurt. plus, this person has four extensions that pass
    > the tests and made it to update.mozilla.org. great idea. i'm going to
    > download some themes and see how i like this.
    >
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1469&hl=random theme switcher

    I don't /recommend/ them, but I do /use/ them.

    The distinction being, they are all third party (well all extensions
    are) and often modified by fourth parties to get them to work with newer
    versions. You can never tell for sure who has been mucking with them.

    That being said, I use them all the time, with excellent success. Its a
    great source to get extensions that just don't appear at
    update.mozilla.org, or are very slow to be updated. I don't recommend
    them to new, inexperienced users, but I've been around long enough to
    cope if problems arise.

    (Oh no, I just opened FF and my profile is completely gone!!! Could it
    have been that pleaseeatmyprofile.xpi that I installed from Extensions
    Mirror last night?) ;)

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 15, 2004
  6. toedipper

    Rod O'Connor Guest

    I've finally figured out why you people like FF over IE. You are all a bunch
    of kiddies that want "themes", etc. What a bunch of losers! This is what you
    "need" in a browser? You sorry idiots! This is the "features" you so badly
    crave??

    Rod O'Connor, Dec 15, 2004
  7. toedipper wrote:
    > If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
    > then a good idea I think....
    >

    > I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add in/extension
    > that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly chosen theme?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > td.

    Based on another post in this thread, I suggest, don't feed the trolls.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 15, 2004
  8. toedipper

    slack_vi Guest

    Rod O'Connor wrote:
    > I've finally figured out why you people like FF over IE. You are all a bunch
    > of kiddies that want "themes", etc. What a bunch of losers! This is what you
    > "need" in a browser? You sorry idiots! This is the "features" you so badly
    > crave??
    >

    > "toedipper" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>If this is around all ready then apologies and tell me where it is, if not
    >>then a good idea I think....
    >>

    >>I have about 20 themes installed. Has anyone developed an add
    >>in/extension that each time Firefox is opened it opens with a randomly
    >>chosen theme?
    >>
    >>thanks,
    >>
    >>td.

    Are you being serrious? I only have a few themes installed. I use Noia
    2.0 (lite) as my main theme but I would still use it even if it didn't
    come with the ability to change its skins. I like the way it renders
    pages, it's speed, stability, integrated popup blocker. No other
    browser makes me feel as secure and make it as enjoyable as Firefox.
    slack_vi, Dec 15, 2004
  9. toedipper

    Andy Guest

    > I've finally figured out why you people like FF over IE. You are all a bunch
    > of kiddies that want "themes", etc. What a bunch of losers! This is what you
    > "need" in a browser? You sorry idiots! This is the "features" you so badly
    > crave??

    This is what you "need" to do with your time?
    Andy, Dec 15, 2004
  10. toedipper

    First Last Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > I don't /recommend/ them, but I do /use/ them.
    >
    > The distinction being, they are all third party (well all extensions
    > are) and often modified by fourth parties to get them to work with newer
    > versions. You can never tell for sure who has been mucking with them.
    >
    > That being said, I use them all the time, with excellent success. Its a
    > great source to get extensions that just don't appear at
    > update.mozilla.org, or are very slow to be updated. I don't recommend
    > them to new, inexperienced users, but I've been around long enough to
    > cope if problems arise.
    >
    > (Oh no, I just opened FF and my profile is completely gone!!! Could it
    > have been that pleaseeatmyprofile.xpi that I installed from Extensions
    > Mirror last night?) ;)
    >
    > Lee

    yeah, ever since i had one to mess up my browser, i stopped going there
    daily for new/updated extensions.
    First Last, Dec 15, 2004