    All I've seen so far is widescreen.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike G, Dec 21, 2003

  2. On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:41:16 -0500, Mike G <> wrote:

    >All I've seen so far is widescreen.

    And that is for a very good reason. The four disc set is for people
    who appreciate the movie. A pan ans scan version (and NOT fullscreen,
    the term is misleading) would ruin the movie completely and would be
    unacceptable to genuine movie lovers. And the joe sixpacks of this
    world can just please themselves with the butchered version on two
    discs.

    So no, there is none.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Re: Do you know if a full screen version of the four disc The TowersTowers has been released?

    Mike G wrote:
    > All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    http://www.widescreen.org/examples/lord_rings_towers/index.shtml

    This should explain everything.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Mike G

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Why would they release a 'halfscreen' version when the widescreen version is
    already out? Makes no sense.

    Pug Fugley, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Mike G

    Richard C. Guest

    "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    : All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    ===================
    Which is the way it was intended.

    Richard C., Dec 21, 2003
  6. Mike G

    Doonie Guest

    Doonie, Dec 21, 2003
  7. Mike G

    3W Guest

    "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    > All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Obvious trolling.

    3W, Dec 21, 2003
  8. Mike G

    ML-78 Guest

    > All I've seen so far is widescreen.

    And that should be the only way it's ever released.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Dec 21, 2003
  9. Re: Do you know if a full screen version of the four disc The TowersTowers has been released?

    3W wrote:
    > "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Mike

    > Obvious trolling.

    That's what I thought after I responded. They know they can get a good
    squawk-fest going if they rattle our cages about WS.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 21, 2003
  10. Mike G

    Larry Gold Guest

    why on Earth would you want it?
    Was Fellowship released on full screen?

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Dec 21, 2003
  11. "Larry Gold" <> wrote in message
    > why on Earth would you want it?
    > Was Fellowship released on full screen?

    It was, but I think only on VHS.

    Daniel W. Rouse Jr., Dec 21, 2003
  12. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Mike G
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Nope and there will never be one either. Even the VHS
    edition of the extended versions have been Widescreen
    only. Get with the program.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    A reminder to the world....

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Dec 21, 2003
  13. "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    > All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    What's wrong with Starz!? It was the Lord of the Rings weekend and they
    showed the first one in widescreen sometimes and second one in foolscreen.
    :( They should have gone all out and showed every possible version. But it
    would suck though recording to dvd-r, I caught them showing video over the
    end credits. That is unacceptable to me for any movie that might show up on
    the channel, so I will be terminating my subscription to them very soon (If
    I wanted to see video over end credits, all I have to do is watch any basic
    cable channel.)

    Michael Walker, Dec 22, 2003
  14. Mike G

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." <> wrote:

    > It was, but I think only on VHS.

    Not true. Only the theatrical cut of Fellowship was released in full
    screen. Both the Fellowship and TTT EE's are widescreen on VHS. I don't
    quite understand why the EE's were even released on VHS, but it's still
    pretty cool to see a widescreen VHS as it's such an immense rarity these
    days. The same will likely apply to the EE of RotK. However I have a
    pretty strong feeling that New Line will not even bother with a VHS EE
    of RotK because it will likely require 3 tapes to fit it all which will
    be way too cost prohibitive for a dead format that only accounts for a
    mere 10% of the sales of these movies, if even that.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Dec 22, 2003
  15. "Black Locust" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." <> wrote:
    >
    > > It was, but I think only on VHS.

    > Not true. Only the theatrical cut of Fellowship was released in full
    > screen. Both the Fellowship and TTT EE's are widescreen on VHS. I don't
    > quite understand why the EE's were even released on VHS, but it's still
    > pretty cool to see a widescreen VHS as it's such an immense rarity these
    > days. The same will likely apply to the EE of RotK. However I have a
    > pretty strong feeling that New Line will not even bother with a VHS EE
    > of RotK because it will likely require 3 tapes to fit it all which will
    > be way too cost prohibitive for a dead format that only accounts for a
    > mere 10% of the sales of these movies, if even that.

    I stand corrected.

    Daniel W. Rouse Jr., Dec 22, 2003
  16. In article <DsjFb.125$>,
    says...

    >Why would they release a 'halfscreen' version when the widescreen version is
    >already out? Makes no sense.

    I'm not sure if I'd call it "halfscreen" since it contains more than half the
    originally shot information of the widescreen, just more information on the
    top and bottom as opposed sides.

    Although the orignal poster may in fact be a troll, the point is that the
    fullscreen version of the LOTR is a lot less bad than many other movies.
    Before I got the extended DVDs, I saw the VHS theatrical version several
    times and found it perfectly watchable. Anyone know why they decided to shoot
    Super35? Was it to facilitate a fullscreen video release, because the studio
    wouldn't spring for Panavision or 70mm, or because they figured it was good
    enough considering the majority of the movie was to be digitized?

    Having said that, I don't see a fullscreen extended release. You're dealing
    more with film fans as opposed to the Blockbuster crowd, so most of them
    would want to watch the movies as they were projected theatrically.
    Realeasing a fullscreen version would require rerendering all the effects and
    having yet another format to distribute while not noticably increasing sales.
    --

    Monte Castleman, <<Spamfilter in Use>>
    Bloomington, MN to email, remove the "q" from my address

    Monte Castleman, Dec 22, 2003
  17. Mike G

    Jim Fraas Guest

    the extended version was Widescreen on VHS as well.

    --
    There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
    It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.

    Jim Fraas, Dec 24, 2003
  18. Mike G

    Mike G Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:40:57 GMT, "3W" <> wrote:

    >"Mike G" <> wrote in message
    >> All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

    >Obvious trolling.

    Definitely not trolling. I had a dvd question and figured this would be a good place to
    get the answer (which the second poster on this thread did). I haven't had the chance to
    check back.

    I didn't realize that folks were so emotional about fullscreen/widescreen.

    mike

    Mike G, Dec 25, 2003
  19. Mike G

    Richard C. Guest

    "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    : On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:40:57 GMT, "3W" <> wrote:
    :
    : >"Mike G" <> wrote in message
    : >news:...
    : >> All I've seen so far is widescreen.
    : >>
    : >> Thanks,
    : >>
    : >> Mike
    : >
    : >Obvious trolling.
    : >
    : Definitely not trolling. I had a dvd question and figured this would be a good
    place to
    : get the answer (which the second poster on this thread did). I haven't had the
    chance to
    : check back.
    :
    : I didn't realize that folks were so emotional about fullscreen/widescreen.
    :
    The ONLY proper version of a movie is OAR.
    Anything else is just a TV show......................

    Richard C., Dec 26, 2003
  20. Mike G

    noway Guest

    > All I've seen so far is widescreen.

    Why would you want a movie with 30% of the picture missing?

    noway, Dec 26, 2003