    lots of "free" things too?

    Just wondering....

    LEESA (I)

    LEESA, May 3, 2010

  2. LEESA

    Bert Hyman Guest

    Re: Do you have to BUY everything you see and hear on the iPod Touch...???

    In
    LEESA <> wrote:

    > Do you basically have to purchase all the audios and videos you want
    > to see and listen to on the iPod Touch or can the unit play songs
    > either that you transfer from your PC or download via WiFi?

    You manage the Touch through iTunes on your PC or Mac just like the
    other iPods. My old collection of MP3 music and audio books and a few
    choice MP4 videos play on my 32GB Touch just fine.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, May 3, 2010

  3. LEESA

    LEESA <> wrote:

    >Do you basically have to purchase all the audios and videos you want
    >to see and listen to on the iPod Touch or can the unit play songs
    >either that you transfer from your PC or download via WiFi?

    good question!!

    I'm looking at an iPod touch as well.....would be my
    very first Apple purchase....so don't know answer to
    your question

    hope you get an answer!

    , May 4, 2010
  4. LEESA

    LEESA Guest

    On May 3, 7:02 pm, wrote:
    > LEESA <> wrote:
    > >Do you basically have to purchase all the audios and videos you want
    > >to see and listen to on the iPod Touch or can the unit play songs
    > >either that you transfer from your PC or download via WiFi?

    > good question!!
    >
    > I'm looking at an iPod touch as well.....would be my
    > very first Apple purchase....so don't know answer to
    > your question
    >
    > hope you get an answer!

    bump

    LEESA, May 4, 2010
  5. LEESA

    LEESA <> wrote:

    > On May 3, 7:02 pm, wrote:
    >> LEESA <> wrote:
    >> >Do you basically have to purchase all the audios and videos you want
    >> >to see and listen to on the iPod Touch or can the unit play songs
    >> >either that you transfer from your PC or download via WiFi?

    >> good question!!
    >>
    >> I'm looking at an iPod touch as well.....would be my
    >> very first Apple purchase....so don't know answer to
    >> your question
    >>
    >> hope you get an answer!

    > bump

    What "bump?" Don't you like the answer you got?

    Oh wait ... you're a googlegrouper, aren't you?

    Never mind.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, May 4, 2010
  6. LEESA

    LEESA Guest

    > Oh wait ... you're a googlegrouper, aren't you?
    >
    > Never mind.
    >
    > --
    > Bert Hyman      St. Paul, MN

    I guess that was supposed to insult me. : - ) I had no problem with
    any of the answers but of course the more replies the better right?

    Thanks for the replies, including yours Bert.

    LEESA (I)

    LEESA, May 4, 2010
  7. LEESA

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-05-03, LEESA <> wrote:
    > Do you basically have to purchase all the audios and videos you want
    > to see and listen to on the iPod Touch or can the unit play songs
    > either that you transfer from your PC or download via WiFi?
    >
    > This will be a major consideration in purchasing one of these units.
    > I know that there are things (like some of the better apps) that are
    > well worth purchasing.... don't get me wrong but can you still do
    > lots of "free" things too?
    >
    > Just wondering....
    >
    > LEESA (I)

    I don't own any sort of iPod, and don't intend to. However, the
    information isn't too hard to come by. Start here
    <http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodtouch/specs.html> (or your local equivalent)
    and here <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod>

    Although the iPods and iTunes are designed to encourage you to pay for the
    DRMd stuff approved by Apple, you aren't actually forced to do that -
    non-DRMd stuff can also be used, and you don't even have to get it from
    the iTunes 'store'. In fact, if you do decide to pay for stuff it's a
    better bargain to get non-DRMd things, as there is no restriction on how
    many devices you can play it on or how long you can 'keep' it.

    Other portable media players are available ;))

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 4, 2010