Do you have tipps for tricky questions?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by George, May 20, 2005.

  1. George

    George Guest

    Hallo,

    I am learning for the 70-306 (VB.NET) exam and reach at
    the test skill assesments about 70 percent.

    Some questions are easy for me, some of them I found very
    tricky.

    For example the following from the microsoft site.

    You are developing a Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) .NET
    Windows(R) application for one of your clients. You want
    to design a custom control that extends the functionality
    of an existing Windows TextBox control.

    Select the tasks that you must perform to develop your
    custom control. (Choose all that apply.)

    1. Add the user control from the Microsoft Visual Studio
    (R) .NET Project menu.
    2. Override the OnPaint event of the Control class.
    3. Use Microsoft Paint to draw the user interface for the
    new control.
    4. Use GDI+ to draw the user interface for the new control.
    5. Inherit the custom control from the
    System.Windows.Forms.TextBox class.
    6. Override the MouseMove event of the Control class.

    Questions 1 and 3 do not apply, because you must inherti
    from the custom control (question 5).

    Regarding to the microsoft press book you must know add
    the functionally to the derived control, e.g. an handler
    for filtering only numeric inputs.

    But in this questions the additional functionality is not
    specifed enough for me. Should the control be enhaced with
    graphical functionality, than questions 2 and 4 applies.

    What are you thinking about this question? How to resolve
    such question, where the details in the question is not
    enough for me.

    Thanks a lot and forgive me my grammer *g*
    George, May 20, 2005

  2. George

    Saga Guest

    The question specifically says to enhance the functionality
    of the textbox control. This does not in any way imply that
    you'll need graphical methods. Also, the proposed answer
    says use GDI to draw the user interface. You might and
    could use GDI t odraw on the user interface, but you usually
    don't need it to draw the user interface and in the case of
    it being a textbox, well, that is even required less.

    If you let your imagination go, you could justify using Paint
    to make a graphic that will be placed in the UI, but the
    question only states "text box functionality" so whatever
    will be done in this control, the user interface will be a textbox
    with added code.

    Good luck!
    Saga

    Saga, May 20, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    Hallo Saga,

    thanks a lot for your hints.

    I believe also that only one questions apply, because I
    have read the last days about the text box, that it has
    not a paint event or OnPaint that can be overritten,
    because the form does draw the text box.

    Could this be the meaning of the questions?

    Or is the OnPaint method something other than the paint
    event?

    Thanks a lot

    George!

    George, May 21, 2005
  4. George

    Rolie Guest

    FYI

    When i took my exam, there is no such question
    that has (Choose all that apply.) If multiple answers are
    required it will be labeled as (Choose two) or (Choose 3).
    I think this type is much easier.

    Rolie, May 24, 2005