Do You have Minolta F100 Camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Markku V., Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Markku V.

    Markku V. Guest

    If you have Minolta F100 you must have noticed the 'Barrel Distortion' in
    pictures taken with it espcially with 'wide lens'.

    There is a possibility to get a camera lens calibration file that could be
    used with PTlens to easily correct photos:

    http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

    In the site there is a link to 'calibration' and there you will find
    information about how to get the calibration file to any camera.

    I do have F100 and I took many pictures but Mr. Niemann could not calibrate
    F100 with using them because there were not enough accurate vertical and
    horizontal lines in my photos. The problem here is that I live in the
    northernmost Finland and there are no modern buildings (which are very good
    target to photos when it comes to lens calibrating) here at all.

    So if you could take about dozen pictures of modern building (see the
    instructions from the site) with F100 and let Mr. Niemann analyze them.
    Then you and me everyone else having F100 would be very thankful to you.

    Markku Virtanen

    Markku V., Mar 18, 2005

  2. Markku V.

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:25:31 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Markku V."
    <> wrote:

    ormation about how to get the calibration file to any camera.

    >I do have F100 and I took many pictures but Mr. Niemann could not calibrate
    >F100 with using them because there were not enough accurate vertical and
    >horizontal lines in my photos. The problem here is that I live in the
    >northernmost Finland and there are no modern buildings (which are very good
    >target to photos when it comes to lens calibrating) here at all.

    Why not use graph paper?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Markku V.

    Markku V. Guest

    Ed Ruf <> wrote in

    > Why not use graph paper?

    Because the camera to subject distance should be at least 50 feet.

    Markku Virtanen

    Markku V., Mar 18, 2005