  1. Do you have a list of things you'd try on a new camera to make sure that
    it's not defective? If so, what do you do? Please share your thoughts.
    Thanks.

    Ricky Rudolph, Nov 28, 2006

  2. Ricky Rudolph wrote:
    > Do you have a list of things you'd try on a new camera to make sure that
    > it's not defective? If so, what do you do? Please share your thoughts.
    > Thanks.

    Well I'd start off with a few, simple shots. Then if they are fine, work
    through the exposure modes, check manual and auto focus and go from
    there. Review pics on the LCD. I've always found that if a digital
    camera is going to fail when new it will usually be something pretty
    obvious. Also if it is an SLR check the lens coupling by swapping
    lenses, if you can, or at least removing and then refitting the supplied
    lens a few times.

    Hope that helps,

    Wayne

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Nov 28, 2006

  3. "Ricky Rudolph" <> wrote in message
    > Do you have a list of things you'd try on a new camera to make sure that
    > it's not defective? If so, what do you do? Please share your thoughts.
    > Thanks.

    I happen to be doing that tonight. I bought a refurbished Canon A-530 and
    I'm checking it out.

    Flash, auto, manual, program, macro, zoom, auto and manual focus, movie
    video and audio, stitch, lcd, view finder, leds, batteries, auto rotation,
    memory card, USB transfer and video cables.

    Make sure all the cables, software, wrist strap,. and user manuals are
    present

    Bruce.

    Bruce Chastain, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Ricky Rudolph

    just bob Guest

    "Ricky Rudolph" <> wrote in message
    > Do you have a list of things you'd try on a new camera to make sure that
    > it's not defective? If so, what do you do? Please share your thoughts.
    > Thanks.

    Just received a used DSLR and after cursory check of all buttons, etc, first
    thing I setup a tripod and shoot white paper to check for dust at f/32..
    Found a huge piece I could not remove with rocket blower. After about 10
    swipes using the copperhill method of sensor swipe with pec pads and eclipse
    I got the darn thing clean as new. I'm going to send the seller a before and
    after, as I would not be surprised he sold it because he thought it could
    not be cleaned.

    just bob, Nov 28, 2006