Do UFO's really exist?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Sep 13, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    machines?

    It has been conjectured that Roswell was the first known encounter with a
    possible visitor from another planet. However, researchers have discovered
    this is not true. There was an incident, I believe in Texas around 1880
    that suggested a flying vehicle crash landed on a farmer's property,
    destroying his windmill. The remains of the craft were allegedly dumped
    into a well and the well was sealed. The incident was well covered in
    numerous local and regional newspapers.

    When television and radio came along, and other communications evolved,
    people were more likely to report things they did not understand in the
    skies overhead. As governments began evolving their militaries from basic
    ground forces to aerial, with advances in technology, UFO's became a common
    target. Even before Roswell, WWII pilots began reporting seeing "Foo
    fighters" amid them in the clouds. Strange glowing objects that defied
    known aerobatic skills.

    An incident involving an interracial couple became very well celebrated
    during the sixties. Were Betty and Barney Hill taken aboard a craft that
    was from another planet? A star map drawn by Betty Hill while under
    hypnosis was not confirmed until nearly 30 years later. How is it possible
    then an untrained person who knew nothing of the stars could even draw such
    a detailed map?

    Then one must ask, how is it possible that map makers, had detailed maps of
    the world, including the United States and Antartica well before either was
    properly discovered?

    There can only be one conclusion. Earth has been visited by highly advanced
    people from another planet who have taken earthlings into the heavens to
    view the planet from above.

    With billions of stars available every night to view with the naked eye, is
    it not possible then that other intelligence similar to our own is out
    there? That even a small per centage of these inhabited planets have
    developed technology that allows them to travel in space?

    What do you believe?

    Someone once said, "There is no such thing as a UFO. The United States
    government knows exactly which planet each of them are from".
     
    richard, Sep 13, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. richard

    philo Guest

    On 09/13/2010 03:41 PM, richard wrote:
    > Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    > space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    > machines?
    >



    UFO's might exist...but only if they go undetected.

    as soon as one identifies it as a UFO
    it's of course identified
    and therefore not a UFO
     
    philo, Sep 13, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:41:00 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    > space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    > machines?
    >
    > It has been conjectured that Roswell was the first known encounter with a
    > possible visitor from another planet. However, researchers have discovered
    > this is not true. There was an incident, I believe in Texas around 1880
    > that suggested a flying vehicle crash landed on a farmer's property,
    > destroying his windmill. The remains of the craft were allegedly dumped
    > into a well and the well was sealed. The incident was well covered in
    > numerous local and regional newspapers.
    >
    > When television and radio came along, and other communications evolved,
    > people were more likely to report things they did not understand in the
    > skies overhead. As governments began evolving their militaries from basic
    > ground forces to aerial, with advances in technology, UFO's became a common
    > target. Even before Roswell, WWII pilots began reporting seeing "Foo
    > fighters" amid them in the clouds. Strange glowing objects that defied
    > known aerobatic skills.
    >
    > An incident involving an interracial couple became very well celebrated
    > during the sixties. Were Betty and Barney Hill taken aboard a craft that
    > was from another planet? A star map drawn by Betty Hill while under
    > hypnosis was not confirmed until nearly 30 years later. How is it possible
    > then an untrained person who knew nothing of the stars could even draw such
    > a detailed map?
    >
    > Then one must ask, how is it possible that map makers, had detailed maps of
    > the world, including the United States and Antartica well before either was
    > properly discovered?
    >
    > There can only be one conclusion. Earth has been visited by highly advanced
    > people from another planet who have taken earthlings into the heavens to
    > view the planet from above.
    >
    > With billions of stars available every night to view with the naked eye, is
    > it not possible then that other intelligence similar to our own is out
    > there? That even a small per centage of these inhabited planets have
    > developed technology that allows them to travel in space?
    >
    > What do you believe?
    >
    > Someone once said, "There is no such thing as a UFO. The United States
    > government knows exactly which planet each of them are from".


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora,_Texas_UFO_Incident

    Fact or fiction? At least one eye witness claimed to have seen the craft as
    it was landing. Another person claims the story was pure fiction.
     
    richard, Sep 13, 2010
    #3
  4. richard

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:44:25 -0500, philo <>
    wrote:

    >On 09/13/2010 03:41 PM, richard wrote:
    >> Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    >> space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    >> machines?
    >>

    >
    >
    >UFO's might exist...but only if they go undetected.
    >
    >as soon as one identifies it as a UFO
    >it's of course identified
    >and therefore not a UFO

    I don't know. I see a lot of flying objects and I couldn't tell you
    what they are. I call then UFOs. I have seen lots of them.
     
    joevan, Sep 13, 2010
    #4
  5. richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    right now? I don't think so.
     
    Desk Rabbit, Sep 14, 2010
    #5
  6. richard

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:ln45pfo5ke3w.paeqe8qnqw1x$...
    > Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    > space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    > machines?


    Do UFO's exist: Yes, but only because anything which is flying and
    unidentified is a UFO.

    Visitors from other planets: No, but that doesn't stop my enjoyment of
    SciFi.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
     
    Brian Cryer, Sep 14, 2010
    #6
  7. richard

    rf Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    news:i6nctn$gd$...
    > Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the possibility
    > exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us right now? I
    > don't think so.


    The single most telling sign that there are intelligences out there in the
    universe is that they have *not* contacted us.
     
    rf, Sep 14, 2010
    #7
  8. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in
    news:ln45pfo5ke3w.paeqe8qnqw1x$:

    > Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in
    > our space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various
    > types of machines?
    >

    What has that got to do with your subject? A UFO is in no way evidence
    of an extraterrestial intelligence or beings. It simply is something in
    the sky that (at that moment) is unidentified. Venus is by far the most
    commonly sighted one. After that you get meteors, the moon, jupiter, Sirius
    and the occasional hallucination by schizos and bold face liars. Betty and
    Barney Miller fell into that last category. Eliminate all those absolutely
    from all "storys" and then get back to me.

    Just some numbers to make you think. The nearest star to us aside from our
    own sun is Proxima Centauri (part of a group of 3 stars) is somewhat over
    4 light years from our sun. There are 50 stars that lie within 16 light
    years. There is *one* planet within ~50 light years that is the right
    distance from it's sun for both liquid and frozen water to exist on
    it's surface. It has 6x our surface gravity. Our galaxy is ~150,000 light
    years across. Where would you suggest they came from and why come to such
    a obviously backward and out of the way planet (we're 2/3rds of the way
    out from the center of the milky way) in the first place?

    And BTW I guarantee you every single planet of those aforementioned 50 stars
    has been looked at and listened to for any radio transmissions whatsoever with
    no postive result at all. The *wow* signal - if you've heard of it was most
    likely a gamma ray burster - a purely natural phenomenom.



    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Sep 14, 2010
    #8
  9. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    > possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    > right now? I don't think so.

    For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at best.
    No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they look
    elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
     
    OldGringo38, Sep 14, 2010
    #9
  10. rf wrote:
    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > news:i6nctn$gd$...
    >> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the possibility
    >> exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us right now? I
    >> don't think so.

    >
    > The single most telling sign that there are intelligences out there in the
    > universe is that they have *not* contacted us.
    >

    IAWTP!

    <golf clap>


    --
    www.skepticalscience.com|www.youtube.com/officialpeta
    cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 14, 2010
    #10
  11. richard <> via
    news:ln45pfo5ke3w.paeqe8qnqw1x$:

    > [... see above link...]
    >
    > What do you believe?
    >
    > Someone once said, "There is no such thing as a UFO.
    > The United States government knows exactly which planet
    > each of them are from".



    I believe that hundreds of trailer-park drunken rednecks
    who got probed in their butts repeatedly can't be just
    imagining it!

    I also believe that UFOs are attracted to trailer parks
    because of the country music playing really loud and
    the alcoholic beverage fumes from the bottles and cans
    laying around in all the open spaces.

    My only dilemma is why do the tin foil lined ball caps
    keep the aliens from stealing your mind when they just
    come and snatch you right out of a trailer???? D'uh...

    It can ONLY be "Superior Technology"!

    'The Truth Is Out There'

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Repent! The end is near.... So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
     
    Bucky Breeder, Sep 14, 2010
    #11
  12. richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >> right now? I don't think so.

    > For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at best.
    > No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they look
    > elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >


    Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that so
    it makes sense? ;-)
     
    Desk Rabbit, Sep 14, 2010
    #12
  13. richard

    Hp Guest

    On 9/13/2010 4:52 PM, joevan wrote:
    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:44:25 -0500, philo<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 09/13/2010 03:41 PM, richard wrote:
    >>> Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    >>> space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    >>> machines?


    AND of course, to those inside the craft, it's Not Un-Identified!
     
    Hp, Sep 14, 2010
    #13
  14. richard

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:01:12 -0400, Hp <> wrote:

    >On 9/13/2010 4:52 PM, joevan wrote:
    >> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:44:25 -0500, philo<>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 09/13/2010 03:41 PM, richard wrote:
    >>>> Just curious to know how many of you believe that there are in fact in our
    >>>> space around this planet, visitors from other planets in various types of
    >>>> machines?

    >
    >AND of course, to those inside the craft, it's Not Un-Identified!

    Oh, and you can prove that. When were you inside one?
     
    joevan, Sep 14, 2010
    #14
  15. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/14/2010 10:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >>> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >>> right now? I don't think so.

    >> For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at best.
    >> No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they look
    >> elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >>

    >
    > Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that so
    > it makes sense? ;-)
    >
    >

    Were alone in the Universe, get use to it.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
     
    OldGringo38, Sep 14, 2010
    #15
  16. richard

    Jordon Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 9/14/2010 10:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >>>> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >>>> right now? I don't think so.
    >>> For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at best.
    >>> No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they look
    >>> elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that so
    >> it makes sense? ;-)
    >>
    >>

    > Were alone in the Universe, get use to it.


    I think that's pretty much statistically impossible.
     
    Jordon, Sep 14, 2010
    #16
  17. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:41:06 -0700, Jordon wrote:

    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 9/14/2010 10:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>> On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >>>>> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >>>>> right now? I don't think so.
    >>>> For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at
    >>>> best. No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they
    >>>> look elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that
    >>> so it makes sense? ;-)
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Were alone in the Universe, get use to it.

    >
    > I think that's pretty much statistically impossible.


    If any other life exists, it is probably far enough away to consider
    us "alone" unless one day we can travel through time.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Sep 14, 2010
    #17
  18. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:41:06 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> On 9/14/2010 10:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>> On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>>> On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>>>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>>> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >>>>>> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >>>>>> right now? I don't think so.
    >>>>> For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at
    >>>>> best. No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they
    >>>>> look elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that
    >>>> so it makes sense? ;-)
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Were alone in the Universe, get use to it.

    >>
    >> I think that's pretty much statistically impossible.

    >
    > If any other life exists, it is probably far enough away to consider
    > us "alone" unless one day we can travel through time.


    Define life.
     
    Jordon, Sep 14, 2010
    #18
  19. richard

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:25:53 -0700, Jordon
    <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:

    >Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:41:06 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>> On 9/14/2010 10:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>> On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>>>> On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>>>>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>>>> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >>>>>>> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >>>>>>> right now? I don't think so.
    >>>>>> For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at
    >>>>>> best. No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they
    >>>>>> look elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that
    >>>>> so it makes sense? ;-)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> Were alone in the Universe, get use to it.
    >>>
    >>> I think that's pretty much statistically impossible.

    >>
    >> If any other life exists, it is probably far enough away to consider
    >> us "alone" unless one day we can travel through time.

    >
    >Define life.
    >

    Amoeba or human?
     
    joevan, Sep 14, 2010
    #19
  20. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/14/2010 1:41 PM Just to please that super-ego, Jordon wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 9/14/2010 10:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> On 14/09/2010 14:45, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>> On 9/14/2010 3:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Desk Rabbit wrote
    >>>> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>>> Given the enormous size and age of the universe I believe the
    >>>>> possibility exists but whether they are among us or hovering over us
    >>>>> right now? I don't think so.
    >>>> For some excepting the fact that they are it, is very difficult at
    >>>> best.
    >>>> No one really likes being alone and when they don't fit they look
    >>>> elsewhere for acceptance. Oh well.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Hey Alf! When you get five minutes to spare, could you re-write that so
    >>> it makes sense? ;-)
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Were alone in the Universe, get use to it.

    >
    > I think that's pretty much statistically impossible.

    Let me know of your next close encounter.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
     
    OldGringo38, Sep 15, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Silverstrand

    UFO Aftershock PC Game @ ThinkComputers.org

    Silverstrand, Jan 23, 2006, in forum: Front Page News
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    578
    Silverstrand
    Jan 23, 2006
  2. Baron  Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh

    Re: UFO Release 2

    Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh, Oct 16, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    797
  3. Baron  Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh

    Re: Ten Ways You Can Help The UFO Cover-up Continue

    Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh, Oct 19, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    534
    Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh
    Oct 19, 2003
  4. Baron  Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh

    Re: Excellent Pro-UFO article in Major Newspaper!!//Debunkers run for cover!

    Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh, Oct 20, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    627
    Baron Maximillian von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimh
    Oct 20, 2003
  5. Karl Reitlos

    Best digital camera for making UFO photos?

    Karl Reitlos, Feb 1, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    28
    Views:
    3,353
    ABStormalong
    May 8, 2014
Loading...

Share This Page