    make a word doc, etc.... that night it clones that info
    to someplace on PC number two's drive....and vice versa

    , Aug 9, 2004

  2. Jamco Guest

    sure
    if your router is assigning IP address, such as 192.168.10.2 to the one
    computer and 192.168.10.3 to the second computer, you could simply map a
    network drive from one computer to the other...right click my computer
    choose map network drive enter \\192.168.10.2\c$ and it'll ask for your
    username and password, and your done

    Jamco, Aug 9, 2004

  3. 127.0.0.1 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thinking of building another PC for home use. Currently
    > have only one PC but hooked up to cable Internet via
    > Linksys 4 port router
    >
    > Something Im wondering is if when I get another PC and
    > plug it into my router is if I can setup some kind of
    > routine that will backup files or "image" data to each
    > others drive?
    >
    > IOW..... I work on PC number one.....create new files,
    > make a word doc, etc.... that night it clones that info
    > to someplace on PC number two's drive....and vice versa

    if your purpose is for backups, then you have a number of options.
    you can add a larger HD for mirroring or save to DVD-rw.

    you can also share folders instead of using drive mappings between the 2
    pc's.

    more options are available with "google"

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Aug 9, 2004