    I see this more and more, do people actually fall for this. Ironic as well
    they pay P+P on top of that on ebay, play247 is free and I havn't even
    shopped around for the cheapest deal on these two dvds!
    Nick, May 11, 2004

  2. Nick

    Dragon Guest

    yes but people actually pay the price ironically because they don't shop
    around and they think they are getting a bargain, ebay has always been like
    this and while people pay the prices sellers will put the best price they
    can get for there dvd unfortunately, and bare in mind it is an auction site
    so people will try to outbid someone else at the aspens of silly prices

    Dave

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.
    > Take the new Muppets 4 Movie box set currently on amazon for £18.74 or

    play

    (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2292&item=41877988
    > 10&rd=1).
    >
    > or Road house selling at play247 for £5.99 someone on ebay trying to sell

    it

    (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60868&item=4186321

    Dragon, May 11, 2004

  3. Nick

    Mark B. Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.
    > Take the new Muppets 4 Movie box set currently on amazon for £18.74 or

    play
    > at £17.99 but this ebay seller is trying to sell it for £28.49 on a buy it
    > now

    (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2292&item=41877988
    > 10&rd=1).
    >
    > or Road house selling at play247 for £5.99 someone on ebay trying to sell

    it
    > for £9.99

    (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60868&item=4186321
    > 480&rd=1)
    >
    > I see this more and more, do people actually fall for this. Ironic as well
    > they pay P+P on top of that on ebay, play247 is free and I havn't even
    > shopped around for the cheapest deal on these two dvds!

    Yes, some people ARE dumb and will pay inflated ebay prices.

    Mark
    Mark B., May 12, 2004
  4. Nick

    Charlie Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:13:03 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Why do Ebay sellers try and sell Dvd's for far more than the shop price.

    I've sold a number of DVD's and books on ebay. I'm amazed that people
    will pay more for a used item on ebay than they could get the same
    item new on Amazon. I would think that if you are smart enough to
    find the item on a ebay search, you would know enough to check Amazon,
    but no.
    Charlie, May 12, 2004
  5. Nick

    Guest Guest

    > I've sold a number of DVD's and books on ebay. I'm amazed that people
    > will pay more for a used item on ebay than they could get the same
    > item new on Amazon. I would think that if you are smart enough to
    > find the item on a ebay search, you would know enough to check Amazon,
    > but no.

    For dvds, they must not know about deepdiscountdvd.com. I've never ever had
    a problem with them.
    Guest, May 13, 2004
  6. Nick

    Rob Guest

    eBay was popular for those people who were either shut-ins or didn't live
    near a major shopping centre. It was very easy for anyone to buy stuff on
    eBay.

    Now it's just as easy (1-Click) to order stuff from major netstores like
    amazon.com. The pricing is usally better than eBay sellers, you get free
    shipping most of the time, and you can trust the seller.

    Rob
    Canada

    Rob, May 13, 2004
  7. Nick

    Eric R. Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message news:<XY3oc.2486$>...
    > yes but people actually pay the price ironically because they don't shop
    > around and they think they are getting a bargain, ebay has always been like
    > this and while people pay the prices sellers will put the best price they
    > can get for there dvd unfortunately, and bare in mind it is an auction site
    > so people will try to outbid someone else at the aspens of silly prices

    I once sold a used DVD on ebay that was in print and selling brand new
    for $25. The winner bidder gave me $44 for it. At first, I thought
    that maybe he didn't have a credit card or something--and so couldn't
    buy it online for $25. But then he paid me with a credit card! Go
    figure.

    -Eric
    Eric R., May 13, 2004
  8. Nick

    Mark B. Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > eBay was popular for those people who were either shut-ins or didn't live
    > near a major shopping centre. It was very easy for anyone to buy stuff on
    > eBay.
    >
    > Now it's just as easy (1-Click) to order stuff from major netstores like
    > amazon.com. The pricing is usally better than eBay sellers, you get free
    > shipping most of the time, and you can trust the seller.
    >
    > Rob
    > Canada

    Was?
    Mark B., May 14, 2004