Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Nov 12, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    have his head slapped a little.
    His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

    In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    render the email.

    Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
    Thank you.

    Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
    you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.
     
    richard, Nov 12, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:03:53 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:15:11 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    >>have his head slapped a little.

    >
    > You need to have your head slapped whenever you open your mouth.
    >
    >>His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    >>because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    >>html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

    >
    > No, that's not what Mike stated.
    >
    > "...if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html"
    >
    > and BTS stated "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render
    > HTML e-mail."
    >
    >>In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    >>render the email.

    >
    > You don't see IE open, but it does render the e-mail.
    >
    >>Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
    >>Thank you.

    >
    > What's the point, bullshit Bullis? You do this all the time. You get
    > corrected, and then you keep insisting you're right and everyone else
    > is wrong.
    >
    > You were challenged when you didn't believe the First Amendment
    > provides Separation of church and state. You posted in misc.legal, and
    > a dozen people told you it was right there, and you argued with every
    > one of them.
    >
    > So really, what's the point? A dozen people will no doubt bitchslap
    > you, and you'll never admit you were wrong.
    >
    >>Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
    >>you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.

    >
    > Your ignorance is no doubt widely known.
    >
    > You've stated men have more ribs than women.
    > You've stated men have an Adams Apple, and women don't.


    I said men have a more predominant Adams Apple.

    > You've stated Windows Mail can be installed on XP.


    No I did not. But why can't it be? The big question there is, once
    installed, will it work as intended?

    > You've stated Dubai is on the continent of Africa.


    No I did not. I said, that you can not go snow skiing on the African
    continent. But you can in Dubai. That statement does not place Dubai on the
    african continent.


    >
    > Trust me, if anyone calls you an idiot, you've earned the title.


    Trust Evan Platt the usenet stalker?
    Then I have some ocean front property in arizona to sell you dirt cheap.
     
    richard, Nov 12, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 12/11/2010 05:15, richard wrote:
    > A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    > have his head slapped a little.
    > His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    > because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    > html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.


    You are the only one making the claim that OE opens mail in IE.

    >
    > In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    > render the email.


    And you never will and nor will anybody else. The problem is that you
    are just too stupid to understand what has been explained to you by many
    people. OE uses the IE engine to render HTML mail.

    Oh and while we are at it, Rich text and HTML are not the same thing.


    > Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
    > you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.


    It's a reputation you have earned and only a fool would go into another
    group to spread that reputation. QED.
     
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 12, 2010
    #3
  4. richard

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:1wxjx30p147sw$...
    >A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    > have his head slapped a little.
    > His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    > because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    > html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.


    The truth is somewhere between the two:

    1. Both IE and OE use the same browser *component* to render HTML emails.
    (If you develop software then you can use the same componet in your
    application to render html, its very versatile.)

    2. If you click on a link and it opens in a browser, then whether that's IE
    or FF or something else depends on your set-up, although it will be IE by
    default.

    > In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    > render the email.
    > Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?


    I don't think this attitude helps you (or the person you are conversing
    with). Children might slap each other around a bit, but as an adult (which I
    assume you are) you should be above that. I do understand that at times we
    all get aggrevated, but language like that will only loose you respect.
    "slap" and "ignorant fool" are terms used by trolls, so best to avoid
    anything like that or the emotive content they suggest, especially in an
    open public forum.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
     
    Brian Cryer, Nov 12, 2010
    #4
  5. Your choice of subject line already indicates you don't understand.
    "open with browsers" ??

    richard the st00pid wrote:

    > A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs
    > to have his head slapped a little. His claim is that Outlook Express
    > emails will automatically open in IE


    I/we never said that, St00pid. I said OE uses the IE *engine* to display
    HTML email in OE. Nobody said the mail opens in an *IE window*.

    > because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE
    > handles html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as
    > fact.
    >
    > In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open
    > and render the email.


    Since you won't believe various reputable references posted for you to
    read on exactly how OE displays HTML email, why would you believe anyone
    in these other groups you've subjected to your stupidity?

    > Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a
    > bit? Thank you.
    >
    > Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will
    > advise you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.


    Your reputation and ignorance is legendary.

    --
    -bts
    -Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 12, 2010
    #5
  6. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    >have his head slapped a little.
    >His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    >because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    >html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.


    That's because you're wrong.

    >In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    >render the email.


    It doesn't have to. IE integrates right into OLE, just like it does with
    Windows Explorer.

    >Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
    >Thank you.


    Heh!

    >Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
    >you of MY reputation and ignorance.


    Something you don't deny I see.

    > Ignore them.


    Can we at least tell them your name? It's RtS (Richard the St00pid)
     
    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
    #6
  7. Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS killed its
    NGs.

    As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
    to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the display window
    for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the View messages in plain
    text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like window to display the text and
    eliminates the IE window. That change was made in XP SP2 for "security"
    purposes.

    steve
    MS-MVP
    Outlook Express / Windows Mail
    1998 - present


    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:1wxjx30p147sw$...
    >A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    > have his head slapped a little.
    > His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    > because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    > html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.
     
    Steve Cochran, Nov 12, 2010
    #7
  8. richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 12/11/2010 06:31, richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:03:53 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:15:11 -0700, richard<>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    >>> have his head slapped a little.

    >>
    >> You need to have your head slapped whenever you open your mouth.
    >>
    >>> His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    >>> because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    >>> html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

    >>
    >> No, that's not what Mike stated.
    >>
    >> "...if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html"
    >>
    >> and BTS stated "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render
    >> HTML e-mail."
    >>
    >>> In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    >>> render the email.

    >>
    >> You don't see IE open, but it does render the e-mail.
    >>
    >>> Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
    >>> Thank you.

    >>
    >> What's the point, bullshit Bullis? You do this all the time. You get
    >> corrected, and then you keep insisting you're right and everyone else
    >> is wrong.
    >>
    >> You were challenged when you didn't believe the First Amendment
    >> provides Separation of church and state. You posted in misc.legal, and
    >> a dozen people told you it was right there, and you argued with every
    >> one of them.
    >>
    >> So really, what's the point? A dozen people will no doubt bitchslap
    >> you, and you'll never admit you were wrong.
    >>
    >>> Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
    >>> you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.

    >>
    >> Your ignorance is no doubt widely known.
    >>
    >> You've stated men have more ribs than women.
    >> You've stated men have an Adams Apple, and women don't.

    >
    > I said men have a more predominant Adams Apple.
    >
    >> You've stated Windows Mail can be installed on XP.

    >
    > No I did not. But why can't it be? The big question there is, once
    > installed, will it work as intended?
    >
    >> You've stated Dubai is on the continent of Africa.

    >
    > No I did not. I said, that you can not go snow skiing on the African
    > continent. But you can in Dubai. That statement does not place Dubai on the
    > african continent.


    Your lack of comprehension and basic writing skills get you into so much
    trouble I'd recommend giving up Usenet and concentrate on trying to hit
    the inside of the spitoon instead.
     
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 12, 2010
    #8
  9. richard

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 12/11/2010 13:41, Steve Cochran wrote:
    >
    >
    > "richard"<> wrote in message
    > news:1wxjx30p147sw$...
    >> A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    >> have his head slapped a little.
    >> His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    >> because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    >> html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.

    >
    >
    > Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS killed its
    > NGs.
    >
    > As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
    > to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the display window
    > for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the View messages in plain
    > text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like window to display the text and
    > eliminates the IE window. That change was made in XP SP2 for "security"
    > purposes.
    >
    > steve
    > MS-MVP
    > Outlook Express / Windows Mail
    > 1998 - present


    I've corrected your top posting error for you.

    It's evident that you haven't come across richard before, the resident
    idiot of 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    The self same explanation was given to him in that group but he chose to
    wander into this group to demonstrate to even more people how wrong he is.

    We apologise for this intrusion into your newsgroup by our resident
    idiot. We have ordered a larger and shorter chain with a free straitjacket.
     
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 12, 2010
    #9
  10. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    <crap removed>

    Deliberately inviting a cross-posted flame war is beyond the
    pale. Your behaviour is less acceptable than your advice.

    Mike "do you have any value (or values)?" Yetto
    --
    In theory, theory and practice are the same.
    In practice they are not.
     
    Mike Yetto, Nov 12, 2010
    #10
  11. richard

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:41:53 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > On 12/11/2010 06:31, richard wrote:
    >> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:03:53 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:15:11 -0700, richard<>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs to
    >>>> have his head slapped a little.
    >>>
    >>> You need to have your head slapped whenever you open your mouth.
    >>>
    >>>> His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in IE
    >>>> because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE handles
    >>>> html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as fact.
    >>>
    >>> No, that's not what Mike stated.
    >>>
    >>> "...if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html"
    >>>
    >>> and BTS stated "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render
    >>> HTML e-mail."
    >>>
    >>>> In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    >>>> render the email.
    >>>
    >>> You don't see IE open, but it does render the e-mail.
    >>>
    >>>> Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a bit?
    >>>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> What's the point, bullshit Bullis? You do this all the time. You get
    >>> corrected, and then you keep insisting you're right and everyone else
    >>> is wrong.
    >>>
    >>> You were challenged when you didn't believe the First Amendment
    >>> provides Separation of church and state. You posted in misc.legal, and
    >>> a dozen people told you it was right there, and you argued with every
    >>> one of them.
    >>>
    >>> So really, what's the point? A dozen people will no doubt bitchslap
    >>> you, and you'll never admit you were wrong.
    >>>
    >>>> Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will advise
    >>>> you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.
    >>>
    >>> Your ignorance is no doubt widely known.
    >>>
    >>> You've stated men have more ribs than women.
    >>> You've stated men have an Adams Apple, and women don't.

    >>
    >> I said men have a more predominant Adams Apple.
    >>
    >>> You've stated Windows Mail can be installed on XP.

    >>
    >> No I did not. But why can't it be? The big question there is, once
    >> installed, will it work as intended?
    >>
    >>> You've stated Dubai is on the continent of Africa.

    >>
    >> No I did not. I said, that you can not go snow skiing on the African
    >> continent. But you can in Dubai. That statement does not place Dubai on the
    >> african continent.

    >
    > Your lack of comprehension and basic writing skills get you into so much
    > trouble I'd recommend giving up Usenet and concentrate on trying to hit
    > the inside of the spitoon instead.


    Realizing you had some unsolved issues, I only now am finding out was
    a what a low life scum you really are.
    --
    11/12/2010 8:07:32 AM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have
     
    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010
    #11
  12. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Desk Rabbit <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Your lack of comprehension and basic writing skills get you into so much
    >trouble I'd recommend giving up Usenet and concentrate on trying to hit
    >the inside of the spitoon instead.


    The *inside*? He's probably spitting on the floor and moving the
    spittoon to cover the target.

    Mike "see: sharpshooter's fallacy" Yetto
    --
    In theory, theory and practice are the same.
    In practice they are not.
     
    Mike Yetto, Nov 12, 2010
    #12
  13. Steve Cochran <> opined this branch thusly:

    > Well, I guess the civility level of this thread
    > indicates why MS killed its NGs.


    Maybe it was because of all the non-contributing kibitzers
    who have the big-shot opinions on everything except what
    they were asked about in the first place! Or not...

    M$ killed its NGs because of all the ghaa-hay-tarded MS-MVP
    impersonators running around acting all ghaa-hay and retarded.
    And if M$ would have wanted that, they would have just
    named themselves "Apple" and call their lame-as compooters
    "Macs" and had "Gurus" instead of the MS-MVP Tard Club hanging
    around NGs because they can't get a job at M$, so they act
    all ghaa-hay and retarded to make all the n00bies confused
    more than when they posted in the first place. Terrible
    turn of events. Just terrible...

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky "Local Big Shot & Smart Guy" Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (Me? I don't go anywhere without a shotgun and package of beef jerky!)

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any pretty
    white ladies who wanna have some fun before I throw them out as bait
    to the flesh-eating zombies so I can escape quietly yet very quickly.)

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
     
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010
    #13
  14. Desk Rabbit <> intercepted the Hail Mary thusly:
    >
    > I've corrected your top posting error for you.
    >
    > It's evident that you haven't come across richard before, the resident
    > idiot of 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    > The self same explanation was given to him in that group but he chose to
    > wander into this group to demonstrate to even more people how wrong he
    > is.
    >
    > We apologise for this intrusion into your newsgroup by our resident
    > idiot. We have ordered a larger and shorter chain with a free
    > straitjacket.


    Please put electrodes calibrated for "RtS" aka "st00pid"'s
    level of perception on the collar so s/he can have some
    "aversion therapies" everytime s/he even *thinks* about
    speaking or posting.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (Me? I don't go anywhere without a shotgun and package of beef jerky!)

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any pretty
    white ladies who wanna have some fun before I throw them out as bait
    to the flesh-eating zombies so I can escape quietly yet very quickly.)

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
     
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010
    #14
  15. Old Gringo38 <> via
    news:12o6ztjo5pzx3$:
    >
    > Realizing you had some unsolved issues, I only now
    > am finding out was a what a low life scum you really are.


    WTF?!?!? Someone righteously <BITCHSLAPS> rts aka "st00pid",
    and you come out shreeking like bee-atch in memopaws?

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (Me? I don't go anywhere without a shotgun and package of beef
    jerky!)

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any
    pretty
    white ladies who wanna have some fun before I throw them out as
    bait
    to the flesh-eating zombies so I can escape quietly yet very
    quickly.)

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy
    who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child
    support.)
     
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010
    #15
  16. richard <> via
    news:1wxjx30p147sw$:
    >
    > [ snipped the lame ghaa-tarded crossposting to
    > microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress ]
    >


    You are *so* st00pid that you give "st00pid" a bad name.

    Crossposting a flamer-thread to hard-working groups is
    very st00pid and you are very st00pid; so st00pid that
    st00pid peeples all over the globe are going "geeehzzz,
    that was just plain st00pid."

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (Me? I don't go anywhere without a shotgun and package of beef jerky!)

    (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any pretty
    white ladies who wanna have some fun before I throw them out as bait
    to the flesh-eating zombies so I can escape quietly yet very quickly.)

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
     
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010
    #16
  17. richard

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On 12 Nov 2010 15:14:22 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> via
    > news:12o6ztjo5pzx3$:
    >>
    >> Realizing you had some unsolved issues, I only now
    >> am finding out was a what a low life scum you really are.

    >
    > WTF?!?!? Someone righteously <BITCHSLAPS> rts aka "st00pid",
    > and you come out shreeking like bee-atch in memopaws?
    >
    > HTH.


    And you're ok to a point, it's your over bloated ego that prevents
    you from being a brighter star.
    --
    11/12/2010 9:22:33 AM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have
     
    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010
    #17
  18. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:15:11 -0700, richard wrote:

    > In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    > render the email.


    Nor will you, dumbshit, and no one ever said such a thing would happen.



    --
    "En un lugar de la Mancha, de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme,
    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'
     
    Aardvark, Nov 12, 2010
    #18
  19. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:15:11 -0700, richard wrote:

    > In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open and
    > render the email.


    That's because you are RtS Richard the St00pid.

    > Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a
    > bit? Thank you.


    I think you'll be getting slapped around instead.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Nov 12, 2010
    #19
  20. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:41:53 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > On 12/11/2010 06:31, richard wrote:
    >> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:03:53 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:15:11 -0700, richard<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> A simple argument from another poster in 24hoursupport.helpdesk needs
    >>>> to have his head slapped a little.
    >>>
    >>> You need to have your head slapped whenever you open your mouth.
    >>>
    >>>> His claim is that Outlook Express emails will automatically open in
    >>>> IE because IE handles html. I have tried to explain to him that OE
    >>>> handles html emails within itself but he just won't accept this as
    >>>> fact.
    >>>
    >>> No, that's not what Mike stated.
    >>>
    >>> "...if your OE is configured to call on IE to render html"
    >>>
    >>> and BTS stated "... Outlook Express uses Internet Explorer to render
    >>> HTML e-mail."
    >>>
    >>>> In all the years that I have used OE, I have never once seen IE open
    >>>> and render the email.
    >>>
    >>> You don't see IE open, but it does render the e-mail.
    >>>
    >>>> Would a few of you kind souls kindly slap the ignorant fool around a
    >>>> bit? Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> What's the point, bullshit Bullis? You do this all the time. You get
    >>> corrected, and then you keep insisting you're right and everyone else
    >>> is wrong.
    >>>
    >>> You were challenged when you didn't believe the First Amendment
    >>> provides Separation of church and state. You posted in misc.legal, and
    >>> a dozen people told you it was right there, and you argued with every
    >>> one of them.
    >>>
    >>> So really, what's the point? A dozen people will no doubt bitchslap
    >>> you, and you'll never admit you were wrong.
    >>>
    >>>> Warning! Flames from the other group are sure to be had. They will
    >>>> advise you of MY reputation and ignorance. Ignore them.
    >>>
    >>> Your ignorance is no doubt widely known.
    >>>
    >>> You've stated men have more ribs than women. You've stated men have an
    >>> Adams Apple, and women don't.

    >>
    >> I said men have a more predominant Adams Apple.
    >>
    >>> You've stated Windows Mail can be installed on XP.

    >>
    >> No I did not. But why can't it be? The big question there is, once
    >> installed, will it work as intended?
    >>
    >>> You've stated Dubai is on the continent of Africa.

    >>
    >> No I did not. I said, that you can not go snow skiing on the African
    >> continent. But you can in Dubai. That statement does not place Dubai on
    >> the african continent.

    >
    > Your lack of comprehension and basic writing skills get you into so much
    > trouble I'd recommend giving up Usenet and concentrate on trying to hit
    > the inside of the spitoon instead.


    RtS is lucky to catch any of his spittle in his drool-cup let alone a
    spittoon.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
     
    Meat Plow, Nov 12, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Arne

    Crosspost or Multipost?

    Arne, Sep 2, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    753
    Quivis
    Sep 4, 2004
  2. keygen
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    487
  3. dadiOH
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,957
    anthonyberet
    Jul 21, 2003
  4. jimmie
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    910
    The-Wisest-One
    Feb 26, 2006
  5. Old Gringo38

    Re: Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    443
    Aardvark
    Nov 12, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page