Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL vlfdjgdsjgdfjghfg

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by A.Melon, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. A.Melon

    A.Melon Guest

    SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
    the attention of the potential customer in a conspicuous manner
    prior to installation, but is difficult to find on their
    website. Use of Speed Disk after installation WILL result in
    complete data lose. The recovery tools (boot disk images)
    provided with the software package WILL NOT restore data after
    Speed Disk usage; the drives must be sent into the company for
    recovery and they will threaten to charge you a fee to recover.

    After heated email exchanges, I sent my perfectly working
    working drives to their address in Naples, Florida. Upon
    receipt of the drives, they claimed that the drives arrived
    broken. Interestingly, there was only a seven (7) minute delay
    from the delivery time reported by the USPS, by computer
    tracking label, and their email to me stating that the drives
    were broken. Obviously, that would have been insufficient time
    to even transport the drives to the workbench, let alone to
    unpack and test. The reader may draw his own conclusion.

    The company still refuses to send the drives for data recovery,
    a necessary step to retrieve the data from the now broken
    drives, so that they may decrypt the data and return to me.

    Some data on one drive was recovered, no data on broken drive
    was recovered. The data that was recovered was recovered
    without the use of my password since I intentionally never gave
    them a password after they requested it. I was concerned about
    the software being backdoored; you may now draw your own
    conclusions regarding this issue.

    I have found the company and its personnel very difficult to
    deal with; I have dealt with these individuals mostly:

    Mr. SIMON HUNT, CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST
    Mr. MARCO VERSTEIJNE, COMPANY SECRETARY

    I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS PRODUCTS.

    mfsdmfldjgkldfjlfdjslfklsdamfglsdjtjhtrjtu5984u589054u6789lrgjld
    fsmotgjlkrmntgorjiotjriojtodfjtoiperu6ujdfjguojtrjiodmnfmngoierj
    tr9eru590834u9834uyierjrfoireut980easurt8904jtopeijhfioertjr9sdu
    tw0e

    A.Melon, Jul 8, 2004

  2. A.Melon

    *Vanguard* Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author

    A.Melon said in
    > SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    > incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to

    <snip blah blah blah>

    Apparently this idiot doesn't realize anyone can do a Google Groups search, especially when they've already read this moron's exact same bitchgram before. Do a Google Groups search and you find the same exact bitchgrams on June 30:

    http://snipurl.com/7lct by Fritz Wuehler
    http://snipurl.com/7lcw by privacy.at Anonymous Remailer
    http://snipurl.com/7lcx by futureworlds

    Oh, goodie, we'll probably get lamblasted again in another week with this anti-spam spam from this disgruntled user under some other moniker than A.Melon.

    *Vanguard*, Jul 8, 2004

  3. A.Melon

    Jim Watt Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    <> wrote:

    >A.Melon said in
    >> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    >> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to

    ><snip blah blah blah>

    does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 8, 2004
  4. A.Melon

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author

    In article <>,
    _way says...
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >A.Melon said in
    > >> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    > >> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to

    > ><snip blah blah blah>

    > does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

    I use Diskkeeper only - the real one, on my servers and workstations.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author

    >does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

    Yes. I use Norton Speed Disk for NT on my W2K NTFS partitions. I don't use any
    form of disk or file encryption. Is there some reason I should stop using SDNT?
    ?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
    http://lists.gpick.com

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jul 8, 2004
  6. A.Melon

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:19:38 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >_way says...
    >> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >A.Melon said in
    >> ><snip blah blah blah>

    >> does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

    >I use Diskkeeper only - the real one, on my servers and workstations.

    Yeah so do I, although I thought speeddisk was a cachring solution
    not the Norton defragger we used with DOS and 20mb drives.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 8, 2004
  7. A.Melon

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - yep, another repeat bitchgram from the same author

    In article <>,
    _way says...
    > On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:19:38 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >_way says...

    > >> does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

    > >I use Diskkeeper only - the real one, on my servers and workstations.

    > Yeah so do I, although I thought speeddisk was a cachring solution
    > not the Norton defragger we used with DOS and 20mb drives.

    I use to use NSD until 2000, once I found DiskKeeper I never used NSD
    again. I find that DK will do full online and offline defrags must
    better than NSD. I also like that the server version (and wks version)
    can be set to run X times from start time to end time.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jul 8, 2004
  8. A.Melon

    Jim Watt said in news::
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:40 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> A.Melon said in
    >>> SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    >>> incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
    >>> <snip blah blah blah>

    > does anyone use Norton speed disk anymore?

    I quit using Speed Disk when Symantec didn't update it quickly to account for changes in NTFS5 (came out with NT4 SP-6, I think) and caused corruption. Even after the update, repeated automated execution because it was scheduled was found to screw over a few hosts. It might've gotten better but I have little need for it on a desktop host. The included crippled version of Diskeeper in Windows XP is sufficient for my use. I'm not running a file or other server on my host that is handling requests from thousands of users/connections so the added benefits from the full or pro version or Diskeeper or PerfectDisk would probably be imperceptible on an end-user desktop.

    *** Email domain = ".com" AND append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

    *Vanguard*, Jul 8, 2004
  9. A.Melon

    Mike Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL vlfdjgdsjgdfjghfg

    A.Melon wrote:

    > SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    > incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
    > the attention of the potential customer in a conspicuous manner
    > prior to installation, but is difficult to find on their
    > website. Use of Speed Disk after installation WILL result in
    > complete data lose. The recovery tools (boot disk images)
    > provided with the software package WILL NOT restore data after
    > Speed Disk usage; the drives must be sent into the company for
    > recovery and they will threaten to charge you a fee to recover.

    Quite right they should charge for recovery. If the instructions say
    dont put your finger in the mains and you do, are you going to blame the
    electricity company?

    You certainly are A. Melon for not reading the instructions thouroughly
    and using a product from Norton. The defrag problem is an FAQ on their
    site so its hardly difficult to find.

    > After heated email exchanges, I sent my perfectly working
    > working drives to their address in Naples, Florida. Upon
    > receipt of the drives, they claimed that the drives arrived
    > broken. Interestingly, there was only a seven (7) minute delay
    > from the delivery time reported by the USPS, by computer
    > tracking label, and their email to me stating that the drives
    > were broken. Obviously, that would have been insufficient time
    > to even transport the drives to the workbench, let alone to
    > unpack and test. The reader may draw his own conclusion.

    I draw the conclusion that your computer clock was wrong.

    > Some data on one drive was recovered, no data on broken drive
    > was recovered. The data that was recovered was recovered
    > without the use of my password since I intentionally never gave
    > them a password after they requested it. I was concerned about
    > the software being backdoored; you may now draw your own
    > conclusions regarding this issue.

    The conclusion I draw is that you were uncoperative with someone who was
    trying to help you

    > I have found the company and its personnel very difficult to
    > deal with; I have dealt with these individuals mostly:

    <Snip names>
    Do you have libel laws where you are?
    --

    Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
    blacklisted.

    Mike, Jul 14, 2004