Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL mncvklsdnfoesdjhfgod

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Guy Domville, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. Guy Domville

    Guy Domville Guest

    SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is
    incompatible with Norton Speed Disk; this fact is not brought to
    the attention of the potential customer in a conspicuous manner
    prior to installation, but is difficult to find on their
    website. Use of Speed Disk after installation WILL result in
    complete data lose. The recovery tools (boot disk images)
    provided with the software package WILL NOT restore data after
    Speed Disk usage; the drives must be sent into the company for
    recovery and they will threaten to charge you a fee to recover.

    After heated email exchanges, I sent my perfectly working
    working drives to their address in Naples, Florida. Upon
    receipt of the drives, they claimed that the drives arrived
    broken. Interestingly, there was only a seven (7) minute delay
    from the delivery time reported by the USPS, by computer
    tracking label, and their email to me stating that the drives
    were broken. Obviously, that would have been insufficient time
    to even transport the drives to the workbench, let alone to
    unpack and test. The reader may draw his own conclusion.

    The company still refuses to send the drives for data recovery,
    a necessary step to retrieve the data from the now broken
    drives, so that they may decrypt the data and return to me.

    Some data on one drive was recovered, no data on broken drive
    was recovered. The data that was recovered was recovered
    without the use of my password since I intentionally never gave
    them a password after they requested it. I was concerned about
    the software being backdoored; you may now draw your own
    conclusions regarding this issue.

    I have found the company and its personnel very difficult to
    deal with; I have dealt with these individuals mostly:

    Mr. SIMON HUNT, CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST
    Mr. MARCO VERSTEIJNE, COMPANY SECRETARY

    I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS PRODUCTS.

    kfjpdkrtepjtopewjt4jp5tjoperwjrtopi34u50934ui5093490562u09654329
    05689045u689034jroejfposdjfposefjopasdjlfgjeropitjopierjtopsdmfg
    eropkrtopjkfpxdkfjoperjktrfoprjktpoerjtopwejkpterjtop4jkpo5j4pot
    ejopiwejrt34jrtweu5034u590eru906u0weoptmlckvjdl;svblkxcnvldksngo
    pdsmfgopjfgopjgfopjgoprejotietwjoijkreopffjapsodjtoper
    Guy Domville, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Guy Domville

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT SOLO from CONTROL BREAK INTERNATIONAL mncvklsdnfoesdjhfgod

    [snip]

    Another posting hiding behind anonmymity, obviously from someone that
    doesn't really stand behind the message they've sent.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Jul 25, 2004

  3. Guy Domville

    *Vanguard* Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    "Guy Domville" <>
    wrote in news::
    > SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is

    <snip - same repeat diatribe as before>

    Just another clueless user that cannot realize the ramifications and
    potential incompatibilities of incorporating a security product that
    attempts to usurp or override functions provided within the operating
    system, nor can they read the documentation for the software. The
    bitching along with the lack of originality or intelligence to compose
    new content in subsequent bitch posts but instead merely re-spews the
    same exact diatribe only lends credence to the fact that this user is
    not expert enough to be using security software and probably shouldn't
    be allowed to use their home computer unless their parents are actively
    monitoring their use of the computer and Internet activity.

    Previous but probably not all bitch posts from this user were:

    June 30
    http://snipurl.com/7lct
    http://snipurl.com/7lcw
    http://snipurl.com/7lcx
    July 7

    This peurile bitcher has declared they will repost their diatribe - and
    apparently the same exact diatribe - repeatedly at about weekly
    intervals. This user doesn't realize that this nonprofessionalism and
    abuse of the newsgroups does NOT aid their crusade but instead provides
    further proof that the Internet should not be fully anonymous and
    instead responsibility be enforced even upon the inane, immature, and
    inept that use it, including children. Their retort was, "If you don't
    like it, don't read it", yet this child doesn't provide us the courtesy
    of using the same moniker in their repeated bitch posts to afford that
    ability (and not all e-mail clients can scan all headers in a post to
    block on "NNTP-Posting-Host: 193.111.200.92"), so this user is
    unconcerned about being rude to the community to which they barrage
    their sniveling crusade.

    Yeah, we all have our scars regarding lots of various software products
    and we may bitch about it once or disapprove of it to others, but the
    rest of us are not so infantile that we have to exhibit a tantrum about
    the product by repeatedly spewing the same rant at weekly intervals.
    *Vanguard*, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    In article <>
    "*Vanguard*" <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:

    > "Guy Domville" <>
    > wrote in news::
    > > SAFEBOOT SOLO if full disk encryption software. It is

    > <snip - same repeat diatribe as before>
    >
    > Dear Vanguad:

    A solution for you: simply enter Safeboot Solo and or Control Break Interantional into your kill filter and you will never have to read these again.

    Yes, you are welcome.
    Reinhold Heydraz, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Guy Domville

    *Vanguard* Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    "Reinhold Heydraz" <>
    wrote in news::

    > A solution for you: simply enter Safeboot Solo and or Control Break
    > Interantional into your kill filter and you will never have to read
    > these again.
    >
    > Yes, you are welcome.

    See what I mean folks? Still not a decent suggestion to filter out
    his/her bitch posts because that means anyone asking about it in a real
    inquiry would get ignored or deleted. I want to auto-delete HIS posts,
    not someone else's that wants to ask a question or discuss that
    software. So if he bitches about Windows then his suggestion would be
    to filter on "Windows". Yeah, his post and 99% of the posts in the
    microsoft.* newsgroups would disappear. Sure buddy, yeah, right, like
    that's a good filter to get rid of your repeated bitchgrams. Killfiling
    by content is NOT a good filter, anymore than using a static bad words
    list is a good filter against spam. And this suggestion from a whiner
    that *pretends* that he cannot spell you moniker, but then he never has
    to spell his own moniker because he never uses [the same] one.
    *Vanguard*, Jul 26, 2004
  6. Guy Domville

    Moe Trin Guest

    In article <>, *Vanguard* wrote:
    >"Reinhold Heydraz" <>
    >wrote in news::
    >>
    >> A solution for you: simply enter Safeboot Solo and or Control Break
    >> Interantional into your kill filter and you will never have to read
    >> these again.
    >>
    >> Yes, you are welcome.

    >See what I mean folks? Still not a decent suggestion to filter out
    >his/her bitch posts because that means anyone asking about it in a real
    >inquiry would get ignored or deleted. I want to auto-delete HIS posts,
    >not someone else's that wants to ask a question or discuss that
    >software.

    As you noted, he's posting from 193.111.200.92. My news server looks at
    PATH header, and deletes all posts from gradwell.net - they're a hosting
    company in the UK. If that hurts the customers of the hosting company,
    that's just tough. In fact, we drop 193.111.200.0/23 on the border
    routers and it doesn't seem to bother anyone here either.
    Moe Trin, Jul 26, 2004
  7. Guy Domville

    *Vanguard* Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    "Moe Trin" <>
    wrote in news::
    > In article <>, *Vanguard* wrote:
    >> "Reinhold Heydraz" <>
    >> wrote in news::
    >>>
    >>> A solution for you: simply enter Safeboot Solo and or Control Break
    >>> Interantional into your kill filter and you will never have to read
    >>> these again.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, you are welcome.

    >> See what I mean folks? Still not a decent suggestion to filter out
    >> his/her bitch posts because that means anyone asking about it in a
    >> real inquiry would get ignored or deleted. I want to auto-delete
    >> HIS posts, not someone else's that wants to ask a question or
    >> discuss that software.

    > As you noted, he's posting from 193.111.200.92. My news server looks
    > at PATH header, and deletes all posts from gradwell.net - they're a
    > hosting company in the UK. If that hurts the customers of the hosting
    > company, that's just tough. In fact, we drop 193.111.200.0/23 on the
    > border routers and it doesn't seem to bother anyone here either.

    I suppose looking in the PATH header might be better than checking for
    the NNTP-Posting-Host header with a specific IP address. Unfortunately
    Outlook Express doesn't let you define a rule to look for a specific
    header string. It only lets you look for substrings within just a few
    of the headers. If you delete a post then only that post gets deleted
    and not the thread (which is as it should be). If, however, you mark
    the thread as ignored and create a view to hide ignored threads then,
    yeah, you don't see the thread but the new post count in the tree list
    for newsgroups still gets updated for new posts in the ignored and
    hidden thread. Guess I'll eventually have to see if Thunderbird or
    Forte correct these deficiencies. From what I saw of Thunderbird, its
    rule set sucks as bad as OE's. It is the *poster* that needs to be
    killfiled, not by some strings within the content of their post.
    *Vanguard*, Jul 26, 2004
  8. Guy Domville

    Jim Watt Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:36:33 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:

    <snip>

    Perhaps a concerted complaint to the ISP. Generally
    if they get a few from different people they act.

    In another newsgroup we have had our share of
    arseholes.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 27, 2004
  9. Guy Domville

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    In article <>,
    _way says...
    > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:36:33 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    > <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Perhaps a concerted complaint to the ISP. Generally
    > if they get a few from different people they act.
    >
    > In another newsgroup we have had our share of
    > arseholes.

    Jim, unless we track the IP back through headers, and if they are not
    using a hacked path, we can't be sure that we're getting the right IP.
    Since it comes from a number of locations, at least for the last month,
    it's more work to trace it back than I care to put into it - especially
    since he looks like such a fool/incompetent.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Jul 27, 2004
  10. Guy Domville

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    In article <>
    Leythos <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > _way says...
    > > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:36:33 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    > > <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Perhaps a concerted complaint to the ISP. Generally
    > > if they get a few from different people they act.
    > >
    > > In another newsgroup we have had our share of
    > > arseholes.

    > Jim, unless we track the IP back through headers, and if they are not
    > using a hacked path, we can't be sure that we're getting the right IP.
    > Since it comes from a number of locations, at least for the last month,
    > it's more work to trace it back than I care to put into it - especially
    > since he looks like such a fool/incompetent.

    > (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Have you facist nazis tried killfiltering him instead of trying to
    destroy his effort at free speech?
    Anonymous, Jul 27, 2004
  11. Guy Domville

    Frode Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    Anonymous wrote:
    >Have you facist nazis tried killfiltering him instead of trying to
    >destroy his effort at free speech?

    Multiple reposts of the same inane drivel = spam, not "free speech". In this
    case, libel pops to mind as well.

    --
    Frode
    Frode, Jul 27, 2004
  12. Guy Domville

    *Vanguard* Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    "Anonymous" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]>
    wrote in news::
    > In article <>
    > Leythos <> wrote:
    >>
    >> In article <>,
    >> _way says...
    >>> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:36:33 -0500, "*Vanguard*"
    >>> <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps a concerted complaint to the ISP. Generally
    >>> if they get a few from different people they act.
    >>>
    >>> In another newsgroup we have had our share of
    >>> arseholes.

    >> Jim, unless we track the IP back through headers, and if they are not
    >> using a hacked path, we can't be sure that we're getting the right
    >> IP. Since it comes from a number of locations, at least for the last
    >> month, it's more work to trace it back than I care to put into it -
    >> especially since he looks like such a fool/incompetent.
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >>
    >> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    > Have you facist nazis tried killfiltering him instead of trying to
    > destroy his effort at free speech?

    Have YOU noticed that he uses an anonymous remailer that cycles through
    different monikers (or he doesn't bother to specify one) so that every
    time he posts then his moniker is different? If this poster used the
    same moniker then it would be easy to killfile him. So how do YOU
    killfile? Probably by the From or sender name (i.e., their moniker),
    right? You think I'm going to compile a list of everchanging monikers
    because this poster is rude in not picking one and only one to use for
    his repeated bitchgrams?

    The topic of why many of us cannot killfile this whiner was already
    mentioned. Outlook Express will not let you test for a header to exist
    and which has a specific value, like 'with "NNTP-Posting-Host:
    193.111.200.92" in the headers' or 'header "PATH" contains
    ".gradwell.net"'. Do you know if Thunderbird provides this rule? When
    I downloaded it to read its help file (which is peculiarly not available
    separately and cannot be read outside that program), I saw nothing in
    its rule set that looked better than what OE already provides (i.e.,
    Thunderbird's rule set sucks as bad as OE's). Maybe Forte Agent
    provides this clause to include in a rule (but maybe only in the
    paid-for version).

    Next time, "Read all of a discussion in progress (we call this a thread)
    before posting replies" (RFC 1855). So did YOU actually pick a moniker
    of "Anonymous" or was that some phoney random moniker that your remailer
    chose for you? If you didn't specify one, it changes for each of your
    posts or assigns a rather stupid "Anonymous" moniker to encompass every
    user of that remailing service. So explain how we could killfile ONLY
    you and not someone else that happens to consistently use the moniker
    that you accidentally or uncontrollably used in your post, or how to
    killfile you by e-mail address (whether bogus, munged, or real) since it
    changes to a bogus one on each of your posts. Tis simple: tell us how
    we can effectively and selectively killfile only your posts regardless
    of the message content, then we could apply the same to this OP.

    While I am razzing you a bit, I would really like to know how to
    killfile a poster that doesn't use the same moniker in their repeated
    posts. By their e-mail address perhaps? Okay, then go look at the
    e-mail addressES (note the plural) that this sender has used. Can't
    killfile on that, either. This week it was .
    Before he was Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1] and
    . Killfiling on what moniker and e-mail
    address they happen to use today but changes on subsequent posts is as
    stupid as using the Blocked Senders list to block by e-mail address or
    domain from spammers that are generating bogus e-mail addresses on every
    crop of turds they spew. If you know how to define a rule that will
    test for the value or a substring within a specific header, like
    NNTP-Posting-Host or Path, then I'd like to hear about it. Even YOUR
    moniker and obviously bogus e-mail address cannot be used to identify
    your posts because it looks like it will change randomly, too.
    Apparently users of remailers have no control over what moniker and
    e-mail address gets used for their posts, and probably a good reason why
    any posts from remailers should get auto-deleted. I'd love to killfile
    this OP. I'd love a means of killfiling a poster that might keep
    changing their moniker and e-mail address on each subsequent post and
    doesn't rely on matching on some words in the content of their message
    which is not accurate filter on only THAT poster. Tell me how to do
    that killfile, please.

    And when has free speech equated to no responsibility? The poster is
    rude in not providing a constant moniker or e-mail address to allow
    killfiling. The poster is rude in repeating their exact same drivel.
    The poster is unconcerned about garnering help in solving a problem and
    his content only proves that he is offering no help in the form on an
    informed warning. And since you brought up free speech, yes, he has the
    right (in some countries) to say what he wants but then so do WE in
    bashing his repeatitive post containing the same diatribe. :p (razz)
    *Vanguard*, Jul 27, 2004
  13. Guy Domville

    Kleeb Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:17:43 -0500, *Vanguard* schrieb :

    <snip>

    > And since you brought up free speech, yes, he has the
    > right (in some countries) to say what he wants but then so do WE in
    > bashing his repeatitive post containing the same diatribe. :p (razz)

    Oh the irony.

    Clue 1 : "bashing his repeatitive (sic) post containing the same diatribe".

    ;-P (phraaap!)

    Cordially,

    Kleeb.

    --
    If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't
    understand the problems, and you don't understand the technology.
    Kleeb, Jul 27, 2004
  14. Guy Domville

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:13:53 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >Jim, unless we track the IP back through headers, and if they are not
    >using a hacked path, we can't be sure that we're getting the right IP.
    >Since it comes from a number of locations, at least for the last month,
    >it's more work to trace it back than I care to put into it - especially
    >since he looks like such a fool/incompetent.

    Well, if the guy is that, he is probably not faking the path so its
    easy enough to see where he is posting from and newsadmins
    are usually helpful and keen to keep the noise down. Our local
    one most certainly is.

    In one case an abusive poster doing it from work was recorded
    on CCTV by his organisation. before being terminated. More
    co-operation than that one cannot ask.

    NNTP servers and networks are not as easily abused as email,
    where some of the incoming is untracable, at least be me.

    However, the guy who was accusing me of being a murderer is
    no longer active ;)

    The secret really is a concerted complaint, one person is ignored
    a few do the trick. Unless the offender owns the ISP, is the admin
    or his government are against you.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 27, 2004
  15. Guy Domville

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    In article <>
    "*Vanguard*" <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:

    > "Anonymous" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]>
    > wrote in news::
    > > In article <>
    > > Leythos <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> In article <>,
    > >> _way says...

    > >> Jim, unless we track the IP back through headers, and if they are not
    > >> using a hacked path, we can't be sure that we're getting the right
    > >> IP. Since it comes from a number of locations, at least for the last
    > >> month, it's more work to trace it back than I care to put into it -
    > >> especially since he looks like such a fool/incompetent.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    > > Have you facist nazis tried killfiltering him instead of trying to
    > > destroy his effort at free speech?

    > Have YOU noticed that he uses an anonymous remailer that cycles through
    > different monikers (or he doesn't bother to specify one) so that every
    > time he posts then his moniker is different? If this poster used the
    > same moniker then it would be easy to killfile him. So how do YOU
    > killfile? Probably by the From or sender name (i.e., their moniker),
    > right? You think I'm going to compile a list of everchanging monikers
    > because this poster is rude in not picking one and only one to use for
    > his repeated bitchgrams?
    >
    > The topic of why many of us cannot killfile this whiner was already
    > mentioned. Outlook Express will not let you test for a header to exist

    snip

    > Tell me how to do
    > that killfile, please.

    Sure, newbie. Get *real* newsreader such as Agent or X-news. They have
    the ability to filter on all headers plus body text.

    But you already knew that, right? You'd rather join the jackals of the
    pack trying to cause one man his ISP account. You're facist nazis.
    Anonymous, Jul 27, 2004
  16. Guy Domville

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    In article <>, Use-Author-
    Address-Header@[127.1] says...
    > Have you facist nazis tried killfiltering him instead of trying to
    > destroy his effort at free speech?

    Posting a couple times, with some form of contact information, when
    making claims like he is, would be considered free speech. Posting from
    different names & locations with no way to contact him is considered an
    attack - and if you read the content, it appears as though the problem
    was all his.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Jul 27, 2004
  17. Guy Domville

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT - Another weekly repeat bitch post from same clueless user

    In article <>,
    _way says...
    > The secret really is a concerted complaint, one person is ignored
    > a few do the trick. Unless the offender owns the ISP, is the admin
    > or his government are against you.

    Yea, I know this, that's what we do to the one that post by the name
    (unspoken/written in Usenet) that has posted here for years. Once she
    started violating her TOS we started complaining and it worked.

    If he continues to post, and we determine his true posting host, we'll
    check the TOS and if there is a violation we'll notify them.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Jul 27, 2004
  18. Guy Domville

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:41:06 GMT, Leythos <> wrote:

    >If he continues to post, and we determine his true posting host, we'll
    >check the TOS and if there is a violation we'll notify them.

    Count me in.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 27, 2004
  19. Guy Domville

    John Vogel Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    "Anonymous" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message
    > In article <>
    > "*Vanguard*" <do-not-email@reply-to-group> wrote:
    > >
    > > "Anonymous" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]>
    > > wrote in news::

    > > > Have you facist nazis tried killfiltering him instead of trying to
    > > > destroy his effort at free speech?

    > > Have YOU noticed that he uses an anonymous remailer that cycles through
    > > different monikers (or he doesn't bother to specify one) so that every
    > > time he posts then his moniker is different? If this poster used the
    > > same moniker then it would be easy to killfile him. So how do YOU
    > > killfile? Probably by the From or sender name (i.e., their moniker),
    > > right? You think I'm going to compile a list of everchanging monikers
    > > because this poster is rude in not picking one and only one to use for
    > > his repeated bitchgrams?
    > >
    > > The topic of why many of us cannot killfile this whiner was already
    > > mentioned. Outlook Express will not let you test for a header to exist

    > snip
    >
    > > Tell me how to do
    > > that killfile, please.

    > Sure, newbie. Get *real* newsreader such as Agent or X-news. They have
    > the ability to filter on all headers plus body text.

    First, some people actually *prefer* Outlook Express over such bloated
    newsreaders as you mentioned. Outlook express performs just fine for most of
    us and many (myself included) have used other newsreaders but prefer the
    convenience of Outlook express as our Email/Newsreader program.

    > But you already knew that, right? You'd rather join the jackals of the
    > pack trying to cause one man his ISP account. You're facist nazis.

    We should be forced to change our newsreader to accomodate one annoying
    spammer? You are calling people names as if you had a clue to what you were
    talking about, but you don't even understand the issues involved, obviously.
    You act as if we would be infringing on his right to free speach by
    informing this persons provider that he is misusing their server to spam
    usenet repeatedly, while attempting to hide his identity, not to mention
    making libelous remarks against a perfectly reputable company.

    Let me explain something to you, "Anonymous". I have the right to say what I
    believe, but that right is not without limitations. I cannot, for instance,
    go into a resturaunt and yell "FIRE!". I can't call the police (or anyone
    else for that matter) and tell them that I am planning on killing the
    president. I can't enter a usenet group, such as this one, and repeatedly
    post the same message (TOS calls this SPAM) nor can I write about a company
    and make unfounded accusations against them in order to draw customers away
    from them (Civil Law calls this Libel).

    In closing, let me enlighten you toward what a "Facist Commie" would
    actually believe. A facist communist would be against the internet, to begin
    with. Such a free flow of opinions, beliefs and such would not be to a
    fascist communists liking. However, a facist commie would use the internet,
    as a tool for spreading fascist lies, especially against companies and
    organizations that threaten his/her own ideals, eq. any privately owned
    corporation. While the facist commie is against the free flow of
    communication, he/she must use whatever communication channels are available
    in order to spread his facist commie ideals to as wide an audience as
    possible. In order to do this, more then likely the facist commie would use
    the age old technique of repeatedly stating his/her ideals.... eq. Spammming
    a newsgroup such as this one, especially under different guises, with the
    express intent of harming a company or individual.

    Sound like someone we know?

    John Vogel, Jul 27, 2004
  20. Guy Domville

    Jim Watt Guest

    Re: Do not use SAFEBOOT, etc.

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:24:21 -0400, "John Vogel"
    <> wrote:

    >> Sure, newbie. Get *real* newsreader such as Agent or X-news. They have
    >> the ability to filter on all headers plus body text.

    >First, some people actually *prefer* Outlook Express over such bloated
    >newsreaders as you mentioned. Outlook express performs just fine for most of
    >us and many (myself included) have used other newsreaders but prefer the
    >convenience of Outlook express as our Email/Newsreader program.

    Outlook Express is an awful news program and Agent is far from being
    bloated.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com