    book but over a 5 to 10 year span as troublshooting
    warrants. I repeat do not take the new exams. It is
    another scam brought to you by Microsoft and Prometric!

    Terry, Nov 21, 2003

  2. In other words--you have to know the material instead of memorizing
    braindump questions..
    Sounds like someone is bitter!

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 21, 2003

  3. Terry

    Consultant Guest

    terry, let me let you in on a little secret, stfu

    Consultant, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Terry

    Guest Guest

    I'm not bitter, I paid 7,000 dollars to do the MCSE
    classes, based on the exams questions it would have been
    better spent on Cisco. I did these classes to get a job
    not take the exams 10 years from now.
    If your so good then go take one of the new exams.
    The stuff that makes me bitter is that these Microsoft
    training centers are not having to be re-certified!
    as a result were not getting our money's worth.
    What pisses me off is the fact none of the questions were
    relevent to the 2000 server book nor the class it was
    strickly for advanced users who has been in the field.
    Not the ones who spend a year in class studying a
    worthless book that has nothing to do with troubleshooting
    exam questions, there is only so much you can learn in a
    lab environment with a book and this will not be enough!

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Terry

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > terry, let me let you in on a little secret, stfu

    Hahhahahahahaha! potd, as far as i'm concerned.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Terry

    JaR Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > terry, let me let you in on a little secret, stfu

    Speak up, man. I don't think he can hear you!

    JaR, Nov 21, 2003
  7. I took one of the betas yesterday, one last week, and one the last week of
    September. They seemed fair to me.
    The SBS exam was a little rough, but only because I am very weak in Exchange
    support (and I know it).

    If you know the material being covered a little common sense will get you
    through some of the tougher questions.Read the questions
    CAREFULLY--misunderstanding a single word can trip you up.
    If you aren't sure,mark the question for review and keep going--in many
    cases a later question will trip your memory and allow you to go back and
    answer the one you were stuck on.

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 21, 2003
  8. Terry

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I'm not bitter,
    > The stuff that makes me bitter

    You make an interesting point.

    Also, you have no idea what the MCSE is all about. It is not for people to
    spend a year in class then take the tests. It is for IT professionals who
    have experience. Class-time is a good thing, but experience is better. You
    should march up to your school and give them an earful and demand some
    money back, for misleading you about what the MCSE certification actually
    is.

    BTW, do you have 7 grand I could borrow?

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 21, 2003
  9. Terry

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooser!

    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2003
  10. Terry

    Consultant Guest

    oh sorry, SHUT THE **** UP

    Consultant, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Terry

    CheeseBurger Guest

    WOW 7k, damn thats alot of money..
    Let me guess, was it a 2 week course?
    Did you get 14 test coupons?
    Was it a BRAINDUMP BOOTCAMP?

    And you still didn't pass...

    lol
    --
    Cheeseburger MCSE+M

    CheeseBurger, Nov 21, 2003
  12. Terry

    Brat Guest

    regardless of where he studied... he was given the wrong impression... a
    REPUTABLE school will not teach you the material to PASS an exam but the
    tools to succeed in the field... the training required to do a job. The
    certs should have nothing to do training received whatsoever! If you go
    back to the school (unless it is a bootcamp) and ask them their mandate for
    training they will tell you that they train you for real life, not some
    exam.

    Brat, Nov 21, 2003
  13. Terry

    Kendal Emery Guest

    > I'm not bitter, I paid 7,000 dollars to do the MCSE
    > classes, based on the exams questions it would have been
    > better spent on Cisco. I did these classes to get a job
    > not take the exams 10 years from now.

    I am a little bit confused as to why you think that classes would be nough
    when microsoft recommends....

    Who should become certified as an MCSE on Windows 2000?

    A. The MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 credential is appropriate for
    IT professionals working in the typically complex computing environment of
    medium-to-large organizations. We recommend that an MCSE on Windows 2000
    have at least one year of experience implementing and administering a
    network operating system.

    So youwant to bypass the experience, take a class, and think that makes you
    good enough????

    True, the school should have told you this, but ultimately, it should be up
    to you to make sure of what is necessary to complete the job...

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Nov 21, 2003
  14. Terry

    Bryan Guest

    Someone to finally state where most of the 'training facilites' failure is.
    Many choosing to get their certifications ARE mis-led by the schools,
    especially when they tell students that they provide outplacement services
    too..they cannot guarantee you a job. We're in a get it now world, you can
    get every certification there is and still not be able to do the job.

    Bryan, Nov 22, 2003
  15. Terry

    Brat Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    > Someone to finally state where most of the 'training facilites' failure

    is.
    > Many choosing to get their certifications ARE mis-led by the schools,
    > especially when they tell students that they provide outplacement services
    > too..they cannot guarantee you a job.

    I heard about this a couple of years ago while in training. It was just
    after our CCNA course and one of the students failed the exam (not a
    difficult one if you ask me) and bitched and moaned the same way. That was
    when the school pointed out it is not in the business to just get you
    certified but to give you a well rounded education (as they worded it).
    Sure, the certification exam fees were added into the tuition and provided
    us with text books (text, workbook and Exam Cram) for each course but the
    onus is on the student to get everything else they would need for the
    certification part. I bought a few extra books myself when I found the text
    book provided left a bit to be desired. I passed the course with no
    problems... and got certified... MCSE, MCSA+M, CCNA, CNA and A+... all with
    the help of the training, my past experiences, additional text books,
    additional practice, asking lots of questions (I'm one of those "Need to
    know why" people), and hours of studying on the side (as a single mom I
    might add). All these factors allowed me to pass with a respectable grade
    (85% overall) and my certifications. I am not saying I am perfect but I
    also realized where the training would fail me in certain areas and where I
    needed additional assistance to get where I wanted to be.

    As for the job aspect? My college never guaranteed me a job... they stated
    they will give you all the tools and training you would need to succeed
    (Including resume writing, interview skills, and of course the material).
    Getting the job was on the student... So here I sit, with no job but I
    havent given up (I gave up a job a few months ago to move back home close to
    family so that is my decision). The only thing my college did give me was
    on the job training for 1 month to get exposure.

    But it is also up to the student to ask questions... what will this training
    give me? what is the mandate of the school? When choosing a
    college/training facility, you need to do some research... not just pick the
    one that promises you the moon. So I blame the students as well... there is
    no quick fix or quick certify and then straight into the perfect job. It
    does not happen like that in the real world! Any program you take in a
    school is like this... you need to see where it will take you... but most
    importantly, you need to see which one will get you pointed in the right
    direction of where you want to be... you need to choose one that will assist
    you... not do the job for you. Any school can promise you will find a
    job... working at McDonald's is a job... and it qualifies. You have a
    job... just not the job you wanted/needed/desired. That requires work on
    the student part. Does anyone think that letting the college put you in a
    certain job is the job that was meant for you? Or does the student need to
    find their own dream job? Finding a dream job can take years... of hard
    work, dedication, further training, loyalty and hundreds of other factors...
    what it boils down to is this... If you dont do your research, then don't
    bitch about the training you did get... you get what you get... if you want
    better, find better... and in a lot of cases, that may mean paying more. I
    paid $21,000 CDN for my training... seems a little high but it included 2 -
    3 $100 text books each month, lab access, instructor led courses, training
    materials, software/hardware usage, certification costs, exams and quizzes.
    To me, it was worth the extra $$'s to get me where I am today... well
    trained and ready for bigger and better things... now it is up to me to put
    that to good use and find an employer who is looking for someone like me! I
    spend hours each day reading newspapers and going online researching
    companies and websites to find jobs. Heck, I even went through the phone
    book!

    So here is my question to the original poster, Terry... Were you looking to
    get certified only? Or were you looking to learn a new trade/skill to find
    a job and perform it well?

    Sorry for the long winded dialog but I was annoyed at this guys complaints
    .... DO something about it! Get new books! Get assistance! Go to another
    school! Just do what you need to do to get you where you need to go but
    stop expecting others to do it for you!

    Sue

    Brat, Nov 22, 2003
  16. Terry

    Jeff Rush Guest

    Hello...
    Lets see they are basing the tests on having 10 years Exp. in Windows 2003?
    Think about what you are saying... Even with Windows 2000 (It's almost
    2004), the only way you could possibly have 5 years of exp. with this is if
    you were on the EARLY beta..

    I have 5-10 years in the field and that gives me squat for how 2003's menu
    structure hides DHCP entries or the changes to the AD for that matter...

    Yes I'll have to study and work with the product to pass the test and IF I
    DO THAT WELL ENOUGH, I should be able to pass the test if I know what I'm
    talking about.

    Admit it you posted this just to piss people off and discredit the MCSE and
    Certification Process. If you are planning on using BRAINDUMPS and not
    TRAINING on the subject then you were screwed to begin with...

    Happy Hollidays,

    Jeff

    Jeff Rush, Nov 22, 2003
  17. Terry

    Guest Guest

    It sounds to me that this complainer is one of those guys
    who thinks that he can go to school for a year, take pass
    a certification exam - based on that one year of training -
    and then is owed a job by getting the certification.

    The cert is not designed that way, it is to validate
    someone with at least a yea of experience, which you have
    nill after school.

    Just another paper-mcse wanna be who thinks the world owes
    him something, when it was an unscrupolous school that
    beat him for his money.

    Guest, Nov 23, 2003