    ordinary Web page that is already in the cache, without contacting the
    server?

    Thanks.

    John Doe, Jul 1, 2009

  2. John Doe wrote:
    > If possible... What are the settings to force Firefox to just reload an
    > ordinary Web page that is already in the cache, without contacting the
    > server?
    >
    > Thanks.

    in the address bar type in about:config and click the I
    Promise button that you are presented with. Then look
    for this entry:

    browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

    once found, double click on it and change it to one of
    these numbers:

    0 = once per session
    1 = everytime I view the page
    2 = never
    3 = when the page is out of date

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 1, 2009