    thought my christmas present wouldn't present a difficulty with my product
    key and OEM version but it gave a different hardware hash and microsoft
    says tough buy a new one. *sigh*
    Arthur Rosene, Jan 7, 2006

  2. did you try repair/reactivation?

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=, Jan 7, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    (Arthur Rosene) wrote:

    > *From:* Arthur Rosene <>
    > *Date:* Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:15:15 -0800
    >
    > i read in this newsgroup that dual core cpus counted as a single cpu
    > so i thought my christmas present wouldn't present a difficulty with
    > my product key and OEM version but it gave a different hardware hash
    > and microsoft says tough buy a new one. *sigh*

    I've just replaced a 3500+ with the x2 4400+ and was not asked to
    reactivate on a PC with OEM OS.

    John

    Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.
    John Hollingsworth, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Arthur;
    Is that what the tech said on the phone?
    Try again.
    Be careful what you say and do not offer additional information.
    Some people are misunderstood and activation is refused.
    Upgrading a processor is not a different computer so you will be able to
    activate.
    Do NOT purchase Windows again for this issue.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 7, 2006
  5. Arthur Rosene

    Rick Guest

    You don't have a choice with Win x64 - the only version available is
    OEM. Microsoft does not offer a Retail version of Win x64.

    Rick, Jan 7, 2006