Do Not Buy From Circuit City

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Gerald Newton, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. I purchased a computer online on 12/14/2007. I live in Alaska but
    wanted my daughter to pick up the computer and software in Wayne, New
    Jersey. My daughter teaches school in New Jersey and needed the
    computer before the weekend so I thought she could pick it up at the
    store. I called Circuit City and got someone in manila (I asked) and
    explained the situation. They said it would be up to the store. So I
    tried to call the store and after going through about 6 of those press
    this number or that I finally got someone that said to call back and
    press 0 for customer service. I called back and pressed 0 and got
    some girl that put me on hold. I called back again and asked for the
    store manager and again was put on hold. I called my daughter in New
    Jersey and she said her Mom lived right next to the store and she
    would try to pick up the computer. So the next day (Saturday) I
    called the store five times and five times customer service placed me
    on hold or hung up. My x-wife was at the store at the time and she
    called me and said there was no way she could pick up the computer and
    that I would have to cancel the order and wire her the money. So I
    cancelled the order and wired her $1400 using Western Union. She
    bought the computer using the very same order that I had done online.
    The store tried to charge her $29 instead of the $19 on the order for
    the wireless mouse and they left the Microsoft Office $149 software
    out of the bag and she caught it so they then said they had forgotten
    the software.
    Now the bummer. The original order was paid for by debit card and the
    money was given to Circuit City as shown in my online bank record. It
    now has been 7 days and they still have my money for the canceled
    order. I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
    the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
    account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
    tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
    immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
    back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
    Internet to teach these bums a lesson.
    Gerald Newton, Dec 20, 2007

  2. Gerald Newton wrote:

    > Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
    > Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

    Um...You're talking to a DVD group--
    Why would we even set *foot* in a Circuit City?

    Derek Janssen (never forget, never forgive) ;)
    Derek Janssen, Dec 20, 2007

  3. Gerald Newton

    Jim Guest

    "Gerald Newton" <> wrote in message

    <HUGE snip>
    > I making this post all over the
    > Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

    Yes. You have cross posted it in every newsgroup that even remotely has to
    do with electronics over a week ago.

    If you took the time to read your responses you would see that the public
    has no sympathy for you due to the fact that it is plastered all over the
    Circuit City website that the credit card holder must pick up the item.
    Jim, Dec 20, 2007
  4. Gerald Newton

    PapaBear Guest

    >I purchased a computer online on 12/14/2007. I live in Alaska but
    > wanted my daughter to pick up the computer and software in Wayne, New
    > Jersey. My daughter teaches school in New Jersey and needed the
    > computer before the weekend so I thought she could pick it up at the
    > store. I called Circuit City and got someone in manila (I asked) and
    > explained the situation. They said it would be up to the store. So I
    > tried to call the store and after going through about 6 of those press
    > this number or that I finally got someone that said to call back and
    > press 0 for customer service. I called back and pressed 0 and got
    > some girl that put me on hold. I called back again and asked for the
    > store manager and again was put on hold. I called my daughter in New
    > Jersey and she said her Mom lived right next to the store and she
    > would try to pick up the computer. So the next day (Saturday) I
    > called the store five times and five times customer service placed me
    > on hold or hung up. My x-wife was at the store at the time and she
    > called me and said there was no way she could pick up the computer and
    > that I would have to cancel the order and wire her the money. So I
    > cancelled the order and wired her $1400 using Western Union. She
    > bought the computer using the very same order that I had done online.
    > The store tried to charge her $29 instead of the $19 on the order for
    > the wireless mouse and they left the Microsoft Office $149 software
    > out of the bag and she caught it so they then said they had forgotten
    > the software.
    > Now the bummer. The original order was paid for by debit card and the
    > money was given to Circuit City as shown in my online bank record. It
    > now has been 7 days and they still have my money for the canceled
    > order. I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
    > the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
    > account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
    > tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
    > immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
    > back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
    > Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

    If you get your money back at all, within several weeks or months, you
    should feel very lucky! A lot of people ordering online get screwed. It's a
    risky business...
    PapaBear, Dec 21, 2007
  5. Gerald Newton

    Richard C. Guest

    How many times are you going to post this?

    You obviously did not read their terms clearly.

    =====================================
    Richard C., Dec 21, 2007
  6. Gerald Newton

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:34:47 -0500, "Jim" <jimmy AT hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Yes. You have cross posted it in every newsgroup that even remotely has to
    >do with electronics over a week ago.
    >
    >If you took the time to read your responses you would see that the public
    >has no sympathy for you due to the fact that it is plastered all over the
    >Circuit City website that the credit card holder must pick up the item.

    And I'd like to add: using debit card is a poor idea because it's hard
    to reverse charge and refund can take days to complete. If you used
    your credit card, the refund would have been processed in hours, not
    days.

    The only gripe I have with Circuit City is that they are often
    expensive compared to other similiar stores. Even their normal sale
    prices are still more expensive than competitor's regular price. The
    only time I go to CC is to look for DVD that I can't find elsewhere
    and can't find on eBay, and to look for clearance sale items.
    Impmon, Dec 21, 2007
  7. **** Circuit City.
    I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.

    --
    © Johnny Slothman
    Slowest Contractor In The West
    Johnny Slothman, Dec 22, 2007
  8. Gerald Newton

    Jim Guest

    "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote in message
    > **** Circuit City.
    > I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a
    > year.
    >
    > --
    > © Johnny Slothman
    > Slowest Contractor In The West
    > If you need it done 10 years from now, call Johnny

    **** Circuit City>
    Why?
    What's your beef?
    They are a store.
    They sell stuff.
    No one is forced into the store.
    No one is forced to buy anything.
    Your problem with them is?
    Yes. **** Circuit City.
    Ha ha watch them go under.
    That will leave one less competitior and allow other stores to raise prices.

    Or is it just cool to say '****' (Insert large company here) for you?
    I'm willing to bet that is it.
    Jim, Dec 22, 2007
  9. Gerald Newton

    Tarkus Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote in message
    >> **** Circuit City.
    >> I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a
    >> year.

    > **** Circuit City>
    > Why?
    > What's your beef?
    > They are a store.
    > They sell stuff.
    > No one is forced into the store.
    > No one is forced to buy anything.
    > Your problem with them is?
    > Yes. **** Circuit City.
    > Ha ha watch them go under.
    > That will leave one less competitior and allow other stores to raise prices.
    >
    > Or is it just cool to say '****' (Insert large company here) for you?
    > I'm willing to bet that is it.

    You forget he has it from a "good authority" that they're going under
    within a year. I have a feeling his "good authority" is sometimes known
    as Kris Kringle, but better known as Santa Clause.
    Tarkus, Dec 22, 2007
  10. Gerald Newton

    GMAN Guest

    In article <UC8bj.8234$>, "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote:
    >**** Circuit City.
    >I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.

    Um, it's Compusa that is poised to shut doors right shortly after Christmas.

    http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/07/technology/compusa.ap/
    GMAN, Dec 23, 2007
  11. Gerald Newton

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:51:56 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <UC8bj.8234$>, "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote:
    >>**** Circuit City.
    >>I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.
    >>

    >Um, it's Compusa that is poised to shut doors right shortly after Christmas.
    >

    >http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/07/technology/compusa.ap/

    Not all CompUSA though. They did have decent selection of DVD and
    computer stuff but I'm not surprised they are closing some stores. I
    mean only moron would keep selling ATi Rage Pro at regular price
    almost a decade after it was released. The nearest CompUSA is over 1
    hour drive away so screw their sale.
    Impmon, Dec 23, 2007
  12. On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:49:08 GMT, Impmon <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:51:56 GMT, (GMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <UC8bj.8234$>, "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote:
    >>>**** Circuit City.
    >>>I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.
    >>>

    >>Um, it's Compusa that is poised to shut doors right shortly after Christmas.
    >>

    >>http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/07/technology/compusa.ap/

    >Not all CompUSA though. They did have decent selection of DVD and
    >computer stuff but I'm not surprised they are closing some stores. I
    >mean only moron would keep selling ATi Rage Pro at regular price
    >almost a decade after it was released. The nearest CompUSA is over 1
    >hour drive away so screw their sale.

    Only an idiot would buy a decade old video card at ANY price, so they
    are keying their price to the mentality of the target demographic.

    In fact, only idiots would shop there at all, since they are typically
    priced at MSRP ALL the time on ALL products anyway, and do not give
    rebates back against lower priced local competition, like many other
    stores do... (like Circuit City)
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 23, 2007
  13. One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your throats,
    or perhaps up your arses..
    The reason I know, someone asked ?
    I have a cousin who is in middle management at their Corp. headquarters in
    Richmond.
    She and several other middle and upper management people there have had
    their resumes out circulating and headhunters looking for new jobs for them
    for quite a while now.
    The fact is, the Company is hemorrhaging cash and at the rate of borrowing
    and interest they are in right now vs. the co.'s income, they will not be
    able to sustain themselves for much longer.

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 25, 2007
  14. Gerald Newton

    Mark B. Guest

    > One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your
    > throats,

    Nobody will listen to you then either.

    Merry Christmas!
    Mark B., Dec 25, 2007
  15. Gerald Newton

    Tarkus Guest

    Johnny Slothman wrote:
    > One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your throats,
    > or perhaps up your arses..

    Sure you will. And I'm sure Santa came down your chimney last night and
    left you a shiny new bike.
    Tarkus, Dec 25, 2007
  16. Gerald Newton

    Phisherman Guest

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 07:49:41 -0700, "Johnny Slothman"
    <> wrote:

    >One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your throats,

    Tell the stock holders, not us. Most of us are only interested in
    the best price.
    Phisherman, Dec 25, 2007
  17. Gerald Newton

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Impmon <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:51:56 GMT, (GMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <UC8bj.8234$>, "Johnny Slothman"

    > <> wrote:
    >>>**** Circuit City.
    >>>I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.
    >>>

    >>Um, it's Compusa that is poised to shut doors right shortly after Christmas.
    >>

    >>http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/07/technology/compusa.ap/

    >Not all CompUSA though. They did have decent selection of DVD and
    >computer stuff but I'm not surprised they are closing some stores. I
    >mean only moron would keep selling ATi Rage Pro at regular price
    >almost a decade after it was released. The nearest CompUSA is over 1
    >hour drive away so screw their sale.

    Compusa plans to close "ALL" stores, gone zip nada!!!!

    They already closed half of them last year. There are only like 100 left
    anyways.
    GMAN, Dec 25, 2007
  18. "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote in message
    >> One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your
    >> throats,

    > Nobody will listen to you then either.
    >
    > Merry Christmas!

    Bah, Humbug !

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 25, 2007
  19. "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "Johnny Slothman" <> wrote in message
    >> One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your
    >> throats,

    > Nobody will listen to you then either.
    >
    > Merry Christmas!

    Bah, Humbug !

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 25, 2007
  20. On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 07:49:41 -0700, "Johnny Slothman" <>
    wrote:

    >One year from now I will be back to ram my statement down all your throats,
    >or perhaps up your arses..

    You're a goddamned idiot. And you have mental issues as well.

    >The reason I know, someone asked ?
    >I have a cousin who is in middle management at their Corp. headquarters in
    >Richmond.

    Oh boy!

    >She and several other middle and upper management people there have had
    >their resumes out circulating and headhunters looking for new jobs for them
    >for quite a while now.

    Why would anyone want to hire a puke that was unsuccessful in keeping
    their company afloat?

    >The fact is, the Company is hemorrhaging

    Unlike your brain, which has yet to hemorrhage any facts, or
    intelligent thoughts.

    > cash and at the rate of borrowing
    >and interest they are in right now vs. the co.'s income, they will not be
    >able to sustain themselves for much longer.

    They wouldn't be permitted to act in such a manner, dipshit.

    >© Johnny Slothman
    >Slowest Retard in Usenet

    Yep.

    > Contractor In The West

    What to you build? Septic tanks?

    >If you need it done 10 years from now, call Johnny

    Yep, you're a brainless fucktard. You even tell us it is so in your
    fucktard sig. Good job, dumbfuck.
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 26, 2007