    files, I mean documents, programs, things that are irrelevant to the
    old OS.

    thanks

    transient individual, Feb 20, 2004

  2. transient individual

    Drifter Guest

    On 20 Feb 2004 15:24:46 -0800, (transient
    individual) wrote:

    >I'm planning on installing Win Xp in a few days, an upgrade from
    >Win98. Do the files I have on my HD get erased with a new OS? By
    >files, I mean documents, programs, things that are irrelevant to the
    >old OS.
    >
    >thanks

    They aren't supposed to, but it would be a good idea to backup your
    files somewhere in case the install fails and you are forced to
    re-format your drive.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Feb 20, 2004

  3. transient individual

    Wizard Guest

    Unless you have a rather up to date system with at least 256 MB of Ram
    you should not upgrade. Upgrades tend to be problematic anyway.

    Wizard, Feb 21, 2004