    Do I need to buy their charger, for about $90?

    Obviously I will need memory. Should I get theirs?

    Thanks.
    Beach Runner, Apr 18, 2006

  2. On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:50:52 GMT, Beach Runner <> wrote:

    > Panasonic has finally released their dmc-tz1
    >
    > Do I need to buy their charger, for about $90?
    >
    > Obviously I will need memory. Should I get theirs?

    By charger, you probably mean 'AC adapter', which replaces the battery
    and lets you run the camera directly off an outlet. <checks Panasonic's
    store>. Yep, an AC adapter, not a battery charger. Since the TZ1 uses
    LiIon batteries, the charger will be included with the camera. You might
    consider springing for an extra battery, though.

    As far as memory goes, I don't think there's anything wrong with the SD
    memory that Panasonic sells. But it's not going to be all that different
    from SD cards made by Sandisk or Lexar or whatever. Get the Panasonic if
    you want, or a third party company if you prefer. It's not going to make
    all that much a difference.

    -dms
    Daniel Silevitch, Apr 18, 2006

  3. Beach Runner

    Guest

    , Apr 18, 2006
  4. Beach Runner

    J. Clarke Guest

    Beach Runner wrote:

    > Panasonic has finally released their dmc-tz1
    >
    > Do I need to buy their charger, for about $90?

    Only if you need a spare charger.

    > Obviously I will need memory. Should I get theirs?

    No particular reason to.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate