    rather than the specifics of a web app being right for one solution and
    windows app being right for another? I need to know to tell my boss what
    training for the company to pay for.
    Chris Kennedy, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Chris Kennedy

    Eric Guest

    Chris Kennedy wrote:

    > I posted a few days and didn't get an answer so I'll give another go
    > :) Those of you who have done the 70:300 exam, do you need to have
    > done the Windows applications exam or is it purely things like UML
    > and normalization rather than the specifics of a web app being right
    > for one solution and windows app being right for another?

    There is no specific requirement for knowing how to build individual
    programs for this test, but it seems wise to have that skill before
    taking this test.

    I personally don't understand taking the 70-300 first, but it's not
    really "wrong".

    You might want to consider which test would enhance your career more at
    this time.

    Eric
    Eric, Jun 29, 2004

  3. I work for a web design company who neither builds or uses bespoke windows
    apps. We are introducing .net and I want something a little more formal in
    terms of how I do specs. I would rather do it first while the company is
    willing to pay for it so we can get the benefit ASAP rather than take a lot
    of time and effort for something the company doesn't need. I can do the
    Windows App exam in my own time purely to get the MCSD qualification.

    Chris Kennedy, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Chris Kennedy

    Eric Guest

    Chris Kennedy wrote:

    > I work for a web design company who neither builds or uses bespoke
    > windows apps. We are introducing .net and I want something a little
    > more formal in terms of how I do specs. I would rather do it first
    > while the company is willing to pay for it so we can get the benefit
    > ASAP rather than take a lot of time and effort for something the
    > company doesn't need. I can do the Windows App exam in my own time
    > purely to get the MCSD qualification.

    Sounds good to me. I like to fill my immediate job-related concerns
    first.

    Eric
    Eric, Jun 30, 2004
  5. >We are introducing .net and I want something a little more formal in
    >terms of how I do specs.

    No ms exam covers this.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 1, 2004
  6. >I personally don't understand taking the 70-300 first, but it's not
    >really "wrong".

    why not? Anyone worth their paycheck should be able to complete this
    exam. How else would you account for the high pass rate during the
    beta phase!

    >You might want to consider which test would enhance your career more at
    >this time.

    Are there any!! lol

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 1, 2004