Do I Need More Memory ?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Ryan Hayward, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. Ryan Hayward

    Ryan Hayward Guest

    Currently running Vista Premium and task manager tells me that
    Physical Memory - 893
    Cached - 476
    Free - 0

    Kernel memory - 75
    Paged - 49
    Nonpaged - 25

    Physical Memory usage is on average 60 percent.

    I'm asking this question as my hard-drive is always ticking away, ever since
    I upgraded to Vista. I was told that it was indexing and defrag but the
    thing is, the hard drive
    light is always flashing but generally not intensively.

    If I do have a lack of memory, is there anything I can do to free up memory
    such as disabling
    some features of Vista ? Would disabling the aero theme make much of a
    difference ?
    Ryan Hayward, Jul 4, 2007

  2. Ryan Hayward

    Ryan Hayward Guest