Do I need an IR Blaster???

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by backstreets, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. backstreets

    backstreets Guest

    I am shopping for a DVD Recorder and am trying to determine how
    important an IR Blaster is..........I am not sure what a IR Blaster
    is.........my understanding is it allows the DVD Recorder to control
    the cable box and switch channels

    Very few DVD Recorders have an IR blaster..........as an alternatice
    could you just split the cable and bybass the cable box and bring it
    straight into the dvd recorder?

    If this does not work can you buy and aftermarket IR Blaster and add it

    to the DVD recorder?

    Thanks for any input

    Mark
    backstreets, Nov 27, 2005