Do I need adaware?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jake, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Jake

    Jake Guest

    Jake, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Jake

    trout Guest

    Jake wrote:

    > Opinions please.

    "Need"? Hard to say. I'd certainly recommend that you try it. It
    *is* free, after all. I use it, as well as Spybot S&D, as part of
    regular maintenance.
    --
    "There's a lot of sneaky critters out there."
    trout, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Jake

    Stevo Guest

    Jake wrote:
    > Opinions please.

    I agree with trout.. it costs nothing to try it and you might be suprised
    by what it finds on your system... I have a number of 'high-brow' customers
    since I have installed AdAware, SpyBot S&D and a firewall (usually Zone
    Alarm) on their system..

    PC's are one environment where there adage of what you can't see won't hurt
    you is a long way from the truth...

    A little bit of effort toward prevention can actually stop a lot of harmful
    damage to a PC..

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Jake

    Mark Guest

    As above ,
    Its free
    its only a small file
    worth using both spybot and adaware,

    Its amazing what sneaks in there sometimes

    Mark, Sep 19, 2003