    The software requiring it is 32 bits.

    Which of the x86 and x64 versions of .NET Framework do I install in this
    scenario?

    mjs, Oct 23, 2007

  2. If your app is 32-bit then you need the x86 .NET framework.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 23, 2007

  3. mjs

    mjs Guest

    Then it's possible to have both x86 and x64 versions of the same framework
    installed on an OS?

    Because other programs may run at 64 bits and require .net framework as
    well.

    mjs, Oct 23, 2007
  4. mjs:
    Yes, it is possible.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 23, 2007
  5. mjs

    mjs Guest

    "This product is not supported on 64-bit operating systems"

    If I can't install 32-bit .NET Framework on x64, and a 32-bit app requires
    ..NET Framework to work, then I can't use this application on 64-bit Windows
    XP!

    Someone please tell me it ain't so!

    mjs, Oct 23, 2007
  6. Carlos - are you sure? I _believe_ that the x64 version includes the
    necessary WOW64 version of .NET Framework. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the
    first time. But I've only ever installed the x64 version on my machines.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 23, 2007
  7. Charlie:
    I think you are right.
    Somehow I messed up the .NET framework thing with the VC++ redists in my mind.
    The x64 version will just do it.
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 23, 2007
  8. mjs:
    Sorry, I misled you.
    Just download and install the 64-bit version.
    That should take care of both your 64-bit and 32-bit apps.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 23, 2007