    that spectacular, but should i still crop all my photos to 6:4 ratio
    before sending them in?

    Any thoughts appreciated.

    Kevin, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Kevin wrote:
    > If i just send in my shots (to something like Futureshop or
    > photolab.ca) what exactly will happen? Do they arbitrarily crop them
    > for me?

    Generally the answer is yes, they will simply lop off the top and bottom
    of the shot.

    > I'd rather not have to for this current bunch of shots since none are
    > that spectacular, but should i still crop all my photos to 6:4 ratio
    > before sending them in?

    If you want some control over what get's cropped then you should do it
    yourself.

    The other option is to use a service like www.clubphoto.com which can do
    prints that are the same ration as your digital camera (4:3).

    Andrew McDonald, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Kevin <> wrote:
    >I know that the shots from my A70 are 2048 x 1536 and in 4:3 ratio.
    >And since i'm going to be ordering 4x6 shots, somethign is going to be
    >cropped.

    My practice is to crop to 2040x1360 (200dpi at 340lpi in photoshop) when
    doing 4x6" printing. If the machine is going to print your's automatically,
    I suspect it will cut top and bottom equally. This of course may not be
    what you want.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Jason O'Rourke, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Kevin

    Guest Guest

    Alternatively use a lab which offers 4/3 ratio print sizes. Theres plenty
    off them (I use www.bonusprint.com which is in the UK) and they are decent
    quality prints.

    Guest, Sep 30, 2003