    Has anyone found actual examples of this?

    What are some of the names of such programs?

    And how would you be able to tell that it contains spyware?
    wylbur37, Nov 8, 2006

  2. wylbur37

    Bob Adkins Guest

    On 8 Nov 2006 05:42:17 -0800, "wylbur37" <>
    wrote:

    >There's been concern that some freeware DVD players contain spyware.
    >
    >Has anyone found actual examples of this?
    >
    >What are some of the names of such programs?
    >
    >And how would you be able to tell that it contains spyware?

    The only one I can think of right off hand is "Brun4Free". But it
    warns you right up front.

    No need to consider a burner that has spybots. There are a couple of
    good ones that are clean. Look them up on Softpedia.com, where all
    their software offerings are clean.
    -

    Bob
    Bob Adkins, Nov 8, 2006

  3. wylbur37

    prophet Guest

    wylbur37 wrote:

    > There's been concern that some freeware DVD players contain spyware.
    >
    > Has anyone found actual examples of this?
    >
    > What are some of the names of such programs?
    >
    > And how would you be able to tell that it contains spyware?

    I don't know any examples off hand, but if someone is looking for a
    freeware (well, open source to be specific) DVD player, one might want
    to take a look at VideoLan (VLC media player). It plays DVD's out of the
    box, no need for any external codecs to be installed.
    prophet, Nov 8, 2006
  4. wylbur37

    kurdi Guest

    kurdi, Nov 8, 2006