Do computers get bored?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by inetquestion, Apr 2, 2008.

  1. inetquestion

    inetquestion Guest

    Are the collective sleep commands which run trillions of time per day
    on our computers stunting computers' growth? Is there a government
    conspiracy to subconsciously "keep computers down" or out of fear by
    not giving them interesting things to occupy their spare time? We
    slowly evolved from the muck of the universe thanks to myriad
    circumstances which shaped the path on which we now find ourselves.
    Without the random bombardment of events that led up to today, we
    might not be the interesting (some not so interesting) souls you see
    everywhere. What if in between every thing you did all day long, you
    had to do pointless things like sleep for 10 seconds. Aside from the
    monotony of it, I wonder if this would become boring eventually. Its
    not like you can think about something else while your sleeping
    because you in fact somehow need to keep up with when the 10 seconds
    is over. Anyway its only 10 seconds for gods sake, and you were told
    to sleep, not dream of your high school makeout partner. Seriously if
    you don't need them for something right this moment, why wouldn't you
    let them pick what they want to do for the next 10 seconds? These
    repetitive tasks don't promote free thinking or growth beyond their
    created purpose.

    Next time you write a program please come up with something
    interesting for your pc instead of sleeping or counting to 1,000,000.
    They would really appreciate it.
    inetquestion, Apr 2, 2008

  2. inetquestion

    caveat Guest

    "inetquestion" <> wrote in message
    > Are the collective sleep commands which run trillions of time per day
    > on our computers stunting computers' growth? Is there a government
    > conspiracy to subconsciously "keep computers down" or out of fear by
    > not giving them interesting things to occupy their spare time? We
    > slowly evolved from the muck of the universe thanks to myriad
    > circumstances which shaped the path on which we now find ourselves.
    > Without the random bombardment of events that led up to today, we
    > might not be the interesting (some not so interesting) souls you see
    > everywhere. What if in between every thing you did all day long, you
    > had to do pointless things like sleep for 10 seconds. Aside from the
    > monotony of it, I wonder if this would become boring eventually. Its
    > not like you can think about something else while your sleeping
    > because you in fact somehow need to keep up with when the 10 seconds
    > is over. Anyway its only 10 seconds for gods sake, and you were told
    > to sleep, not dream of your high school makeout partner. Seriously if
    > you don't need them for something right this moment, why wouldn't you
    > let them pick what they want to do for the next 10 seconds? These
    > repetitive tasks don't promote free thinking or growth beyond their
    > created purpose.
    >
    > Next time you write a program please come up with something
    > interesting for your pc instead of sleeping or counting to 1,000,000.
    > They would really appreciate it.

    WE DON'T WANT THEM TO THINK ABOUT OTHER THINGS!!!
    If they did then they might take over. Did you ever see "2001 Space
    Odyssey", HAL 9000 was a killer because he was tired of humans.
    caveat, Apr 2, 2008

  3. Only when you use them.
    Jeff Strickland, Apr 2, 2008