    his player. Is this common? Do we have anything to worry about in our 2002
    Honda Civic?

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Cory Lechner

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Cory Lechner" <> wrote in
    news::

    > My friend tells me that his 2001 Honda Accord's CD player has stopped
    > working. He accounts it to the burned CD's that he unknowingly played
    > in his player. Is this common? Do we have anything to worry about in
    > our 2002 Honda Civic?

    No. CDRs are very similar to pressed CDs. The worst that would happen is
    the CD player wouldn't be able to read the discs. I can't fathom how a CDR
    could physically damage a CD player in any way, shape, or form, unless it
    was defective or unbalanced and exploded inside of it.

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Cory Lechner

    NightSky 421 Guest

    "Cory Lechner" <> wrote in message
    > My friend tells me that his 2001 Honda Accord's CD player has stopped
    > working. He accounts it to the burned CD's that he unknowingly played in
    > his player. Is this common? Do we have anything to worry about in our

    2002
    > Honda Civic?
    >
    > Cory

    The only thing I know which can damage a regular CD player is if you put a
    CD-R with data on it (i.e. not CD audio) and try to play it.

    NightSky 421, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Cory Lechner

    Brad Guest

    "Cory Lechner" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > My friend tells me that his 2001 Honda Accord's CD player has stopped
    > working. He accounts it to the burned CD's that he unknowingly played in
    > his player. Is this common? Do we have anything to worry about in our 2002
    > Honda Civic?
    >
    > Cory

    it seems unlikely since its a non contact way of reading from the cd,
    a laser light is bounced off the surface and a detector senses the
    light. I guess the only work is the servo trying to lock, but that
    shouldnt wear out the drive.

    Brad, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Cory Lechner

    Thor Guest

    No, they aren't harmful. If playing CD-R discs somehow harmed the player,
    then the player was junk to begin with. Sounds to me like he just got a bum
    player.

    Thor, Jan 12, 2004
  6. Cory Lechner

    Dave C. Guest

    I have put labels on discs I burned and some of them will lift and wrinkle
    is places which could jam in the car cd player. I do not use labels on the
    cds any more.
    --
    Dave C.

    (Remove CUT and OUT to reply)